June 2023 Moms

Weekly randoms 11/7

Re: Weekly randoms 11/7

• @kalesix3 did you see the newest discord thread lol
  • @thescarletmom I missed this whole thread! Sorry! I even knew it was Monday and I still posted to the old thread, aggh! Let me go look for the discord thread lol. I'm losing my patience with it! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe I'm blocked? I can't see a single post about the discord, wow how weird. 
  • @kalesix3 Wow, you can block people on the bump?? That's crazy. In her newest post she says they "already have a good sized group going" so I'm not sure why she keeps posting it here...
  • @thescarletmom I didn't think you could but I genuinely can't see any new threads from her. Unless it's my app that's broken? She really needs to stop spamming our group though 😵
    thescarletmom
  • @kalesix3 I had major issues with my app last pregnancy that ended up causing me to not stick with my BMB after mid-2nd trimester because it was just too much hassle. Hopefully yours gets its act together! But right...if you don't want to be in this group so bad (which really isn't set up that differently from discord...) why do you want a bunch of people from the group to join you? 
    cassafrass123
  • Okay you can ignore a poster apparently. Maybe that's why I can't see her posts but I can find her profile? I have no idea haha. 
  • @thescarletmom maybe she's not actually pregnant and she's one of those scammers who join supposedly for their "daughter in law" but it's actually just a man with a fetish. I had so many of those scammers in a group with my son's pregnancy. 
  • @kalesix3 Oh yeah I think someone checked in on the welcome thread that they were using this app to track their daughter's pregnancy? May or may not have said teen daughter. That was sketchy af to me because 1. If your daughter is a grown up, don't do that, it's not your business and 2. You don't have to check in to the community boards just to track SOMEONE ELSE'S pregnancy? Maybe people who are closer to their mom would disagree with me but I just was high key weirded out.

The idea of it being a fetish guy is very creepy, I hate that
    kalesix3cassafrass123annemarie96
  • @thescarletmom oh ewww that's gross, I didn't see that post but it's probably for the best with my ragey pregnant hormones right now haha. Yeah in another group I was in they kept allowing spouses to join when the rules clearly stated no spouses and then we'd get creepy comments on our belly threads and it was a disaster. I ended up leaving a good amount of groups over it, but my BMB was really chill and not too many creeps that I remember so hopefully this one turns out the same way and everyone else gets disinterested and leaves. 
    thescarletmomannemarie96
  • @thescarletmom how creepy!!!!!

Just had my initial appoint but it was a nurse only visit.  I asked when my next US would be based on my history of MMC and she had me wait to see if the doctor could do one then.  He said no as he was on his way out to do a C-section .  Ughhhhh! She said she would call me tomorrow and squeeze me in somewhere.  She said "You know how Dr. ____ is, if an ultrasound will make you feel better he will do one".  So, I guess we will see if they get me in tomorrow.  My first actual OB appointment isn't until the 22nd when I will be 11.5 weeks. Stinks but I also love that it is right before Thanksgiving when we plan to share the news. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

thescarletmomkalesix3cassafrass123annemarie96
  • Oh and @annemarie96 I didn't want to keep the old thread bumping up but I'm so glad you're getting such amazing care this time, it truly does make everything better. I was feeling so emotional being back in the birth center last night and seeing everyone I knew and just feeling at home. Everyone should be able to experience that and I'm glad you found your way there! 
    ReadyForaBcassafrass123annemarie96
  • @kalesix3 noooo, if you yourself aren't pregnant you don't need to be on a pregnancy board. You can track the pregnancy without checking in here and looking at the bump threads?! I don't care if your wife or daughter is. This isn't for you!! There's way less stuff I would say here if I knew that we weren't all people going through pregnancy together...

@ReadyForaB will you have an ultrasound at that 11w OB appt or will you still have to do a third party sono place? Hopefully they can get you in tomorrow!
    kalesix3cassafrass123annemarie96
  • @thescarletmom so, my OB has an ultrasound machine but sends everyone out for ultrasounds at the hospital bc he doesn't have a tech.  So, he will do one "just to make sure everything is okay".  He does it himself and can tell me the measurements and HR, but it doesn't even get billed as an ultrasound from my experience with it. Also from my experience, if I have an appointment with him and ask him to take a look, he will  So I will definitely be requesting one at my 11 week appt before Thanksgiving. My. appt today was a nurse only visit and she doesn't do it at all. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

thescarletmomcassafrass123
  • @ReadyForaB aw, that's so sweet of him to do the ultrasounds 🥺 my midwife has a very basic ultrasound machine and only uses it to "just check things out" too, I'll have to go out to an imaging center for my anatomy scan.
    annemarie96
  • @kalesix3 I take back what I said about Hanna Andersson Christmas jammies. All the cute prints I liked at other places don't have all four of our sizes in stock 🙃 so I ordered from them while they have a big jammie sale! Prices are lower today than they were yesterday, but I think it will end soon! I'm not looking forward to finding FIVE in stock sizes in the future lol so I went ahead and ordered a pair for this babe for next year, because DSs are petite and will definitely fit the sizes I ordered them again next year.
    kalesix3cassafrass123
  • @thescarletmom I'm going to go look right now! Yay! 
    @ReadyForaB I really hope they can squeeze you in tomorrow after all 🤞🏻 at my midwife practice they have a machine just for peace of mind too and then all the major scans or growth scans like I got last time and for anything else you go to the MFM imaging at the hospital campus down the road. I kind of liked at my old crappy clinic they hired separate techs and would do all the peace of mind and high level scans in the office but I'd still have to go see MFM anyways so it worked out where I am now. 
    thescarletmomcassafrass123ReadyForaB
  • @ReadyForaB my OB office is the same. They have techs with newer machines, but they keep an older machine that they will scan with just for peace of mind
    ReadyForaB
  • I have three separate appts an hour away this week! One yesterday was just an ultrasound,  today was establishing care with my insurance OB, and Friday is establishing care with my midwives. It's exhausting!! But I won't have this many appts like this again after this, so it's fine. Baby is measuring 3 days behind but they said they're not worried about that since it's been continuing to grow.  
    thescarletmomcassafrass123
  • @hitcj4687 oh wow that's a lot 😵 just twice a week at the clinic over an hour away was so hard, three times sounds tiring. I hope they all go well! I bet baby will catch up in a few weeks!
    hitcj4687cassafrass123
  • @kalesix3 hopefully you find some!! I've loved doing Christmas pajamas the last few years with the kids.
  • @kalesix3 it is!! Im so tired! But this will be the busiest week with doctor appts for awhile so, it is what it is! I'm hoping to see baby catch up too, but if they're not worried about 3 days behind, then neither am I! 
    thescarletmom
  • @hitcj4687 yikes! Driving has taken sooo much energy for me when I'm pregnant/nauseated/generally don't feel good. I can't imagine spending so much extra time in the car! I'm sure baby will catch up just fine ❤️ My first measured almost a week behind his first two ultrasounds (6 and 8 wks) and it freaked me out, but he ended up measuring ahead by 12 wks!
    cassafrass123annemarie96hitcj4687
  • @thescarletmom I haven’t seen anything on here about discord. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @annemarie96 I think this one user has made three separate threads linking to a discord group she created because she didn't like the format of the bump forum. She mentioned it somewhere in the intro thread too I believe? Or at least her intent to do it.
  • @annemarie96 @kalesix3 as I'm looking now though, it seems she's deleted all but the first one? Or maybe bump admins deleted it potentially? But she did mention it in the intro thread and then create a thread a few weeks ago. When she made the second thread, kalesix3 told her off haha and I think maybe she's deleting them to avoid it.
  • The room that will be the baby’s is currently my office/closet… I am already getting overwhelmed with the idea of having to clean this room out completely and find room for my clothes that won’t fit in the closets in my room 😩 anyone else a planner and already thinking about these things or is it just me? Lol! 
    ReadyForaBpotato3000
  • @francesgs yep.  The room that will be the baby's is currently my DH's closet lol.  I use all of the closets and dresser in our master and he uses the spare.  I still have no idea how we will make it work but we will. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

francesgspotato3000
  • Lol I have my closet and my husband let me take over the dresser a small part of his closet so I put the rest in this room so he could have some of his closet lmao. I’m thinking I’ll have to get some garment bags and hang them in the basement which I really don’t want to do but I’ll have to. Curse these 1970’s closets 😩
    potato3000
  • @francesgs already thinking of all the ways the layout/function of our house will have to change to accommodate a third baby... ahhhh 😖
    francesgspotato3000
  • @thescarletmom omg yes! I’ll be in the living room watching tv wondering where I will put different baby things.. haha 
    thescarletmom
  • @francesgs right! I lay awake at night thinking how we're going to rearrange DS1s room so that both boys can share, and how to clear out space in our room/the living room for baby things. Thankfully I'm comfortable with the bare minimum of baby items this time around but still, babies just have so. much. stuff. Lol
    potato3000cassafrass123
  • @thescarletmom well I already ruined someone else's life by pointing out the rules so if she deleted all the threads because of me I'm fine being the bad guy. I don't mind if someone forgets or just doesn't know but she ignored me and kept posting so 🙅🏻‍♀️ I never understand why you join a group and then try to get everyone to join your group because the format is bad? Like hello you could see the bump forums before you joined so 🤦🏻‍♀️ although I thought you couldn't delete threads here 🤔

@francesgs I'm the same way but we don't have a room for the baby and will be moving in the next few months sometime so I'm only currently driving myself crazy trying to think of all the nesting I have to do when I don't even know where we will be living. 🤦🏻‍♀️ With my son his room was our storage room and was so overwhelming to prepare, so solidarity. We ended up getting a really good deal on a storage unit right down the road and it was a lifesaver. I don't think I could have made space without it. 
    potato3000cassafrass123francesgs
  • @kalesix3 I think you can... or least the bump admins can. I don't know if that kind of thing would be against TOS. But totally, why join the community if you don't like it? Not required...

We also won't have a separate room for baby in our house, the lack of space makes figuring everything out so hard!
    kalesix3potato3000cassafrass123
  • potato3000potato3000 member
    edited November 2022
    Ugh. I'm really not sure what exactly we're going to do to accommodate baby for sleeping arrangements. We have two spare rooms downstairs but only three bedrooms upstairs (and no closet or office or any other space we could convert upstairs) and neither of our big kids want to move downstairs or share a room -- and I don't blame them. I don't want to either!

With our first two kids, I couldn't sleep with them in the same room because I would just lay awake listening to every little sound they made so DS spent his first night with us then went into his crib in his room (right beside our room) and we never looked back. DD was in that room on her own from night one. Judge away haha. I'm sometimes a little jealous of people who find co-sleeping works well for them but it just hasn't worked for me because I don't/can't sleep if baby is close enough for me to hear every little peep.

Trying to ignore the issue a bit by planning to keep this baby in our room in a bassinet for awhile anyways but I'm definitely nervous it still won't work for me. At least I have a bit of time still to come up with a back-up plan I like or a plan to convince one/both of the big kids to move downstairs..

ETA: How whiney and ungrateful of me haha. But I was so excited moving here "knowing" we could all have rooms upstairs since their was only two bedrooms upstairs at our previous house. I went all out decorating the kids bedrooms in the theme of their choice when we moved here last summer too so they're very happy with where they are. So, it's a bummer but it definitely could be a much bigger issue than it is and we'll figure it out. Just venting!
    thescarletmomcassafrass123francesgsannemarie96
  • We bought our house 4 years ago, it's a 3 bedroom house with two bedrooms upstairs and one small one on the main level, which will be baby's room. We have been remodeling since we bought the house and we need to finish redoing the bedrooms and are feeling very rushed now that baby is on the way. I know the baby will be in our room for awhile and the room on the main level will mostly be for all the baby's things. But eventually they will sleep in there. This is not our forever home, but we will be here at least another 5 years I assume. We have sooo much work to do before this new child comes along!!
    potato3000cassafrass123
  • @thescarletmom oh that's a good point about the bump admins, I hope that's what happened! 🤞🏻

@potato3000 I don't think you're being whiny or ungrateful. Would having a hatch machine on pretty low volume help you from getting too anxious about every little sound and then getting one of those clip on to diaper monitors help you know you'd be alerted if anything were to happen but the pressure wasn't all on you to listen to every breath? 
    I'm sorry for you all of you trying to figure out room and space, it sounds so challenging and hard, especially because it's not something that could have been perfectly planned out years ago when you bought your houses. I hope everything works out really well with switching rooms or preparing new spaces. 
     The biggest thing I probably will have to do is transition my two year old to sleep in his own room, but I don't feel ready so we'll see. My original plan was to transition him to sleeping in a new bigger bed in his own room, and then when we move he'll already be familiar with his bed and sleeping without me, but Idk if it will work, I may end up sleeping beside him in his new room when we do move because the transition will still be too hard either way. Baby or not I already planned on doing it this fall/winter but yeah, I don't feel ready at all, he's still so little and I'm double emotional now under the circumstances lol. 
    hitcj4687potato3000thescarletmomcassafrass123
  • @francesgs under-the-bed wardrobe boxes were a great space saver for us when we had our first! We store all off-season clothes and then rotate them in and out as needed.

Overthinking room arrangements here, too! I think baby will be in a bedside bassinet for a few months, then likely a pack n play in our bedroom closet until they're sleeping through the night. I'm not converting the closet, though. Long term plan is for baby to move in with big brother, once baby is sleeping well enough to let the toddler sleep, too!
    potato3000thescarletmomkalesix3francesgs
  • @kalesix3 Yes! I definitely never had any sound machines or even knew what white noise was when DS was born so I'm hoping that'll help! 

@peyts228 DS is alllll about sharing a room with this baby so that might actually end up what we do as well once baby is sleeping through the night. I've tried to explain that he wouldn't want to room with a newborn who's up in the night but he tells me he wouldn't care haha. He'll be 9yo so it might not really be long after we'd move baby in before he's comfortable moving to a room downstairs by himself anyways..
    kalesix3peyts228
  • @potato3000 oh that sounds extremely helpful that your ds would really want to share a room with the baby. Yes we have a hatch and it's the most magical thing, I love it so much! 
    potato3000