June 2023 Moms

Weekly randoms 10/31

13»

Re: Weekly randoms 10/31

• @kalesix3 I'm so happy for you 🥺❤️ yay for a dancing baby and soothed nerves and adequate healthcare!
  • @kalesix3 love love love this!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! Yes I'm so relieved 🥺
  • Also re Christmas pj's thank you for all the recommendations! I never even thought about most of those stores, I was looking at Goumi because that's where I've gone before but I didn't love any of the prints this year sadly and Kate Quinn already sold out 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • @kalesix3 so happy that your appointment went well!! 💕
  • @kalesix3 I am so happy for you!!! 
    I’ve never had experiences that bad with an office, but have had a lot of bad experiences with doctors/hospitals, and some with office appts, although nothing like that. But I have a midwife this time around and every time I think about our consult I could just cry. She was amazing. She treated me like a person, and like the parent of this baby, and not like an idiot. Our hospitals are terrible around here about acting like we’re all idiots and literally gaslighting us when we have the facts!! I’m getting riled up now haha. They’re terrible. 
    I have my first ultrasound on Monday with them, and I’ll be almost 9 weeks. I am so excited it’s crazy. I feel like I get the best of both worlds!! Of course it’s taking most of our savings but it’s worth it. 🤣
  • @ReadyForaB @potato3000 @cassafrass123 anybody else looking for holiday jammies still... Hanna Andersson is having a big jammie sale right now! I ended up ordering there partly for the sale, partly because they aren't sold out of any sizes! We match with the kids so finding 4 sizes is always a pain in the ass, but HA was fully stocked 👌🏼
  • potato3000potato3000 member
    edited November 2022
    @thescarletmom My kids are more than good for pj's this year but I made the mistake of looking and I couldn't resist. So I took a bit of a risk guessing my big kids growth/sizes but I just ordered matching ones for all three kids for next Christmas 😍 haha
  • @potato3000 our kids are also perfectly set on jammies... but I'm a sucker and DS1 loves when him and his brother have matching jammies 🥺 like he literally begs at bedtime most nights for them to wear matching. And I simply can't pass up on that kind of brotherly love, it melts my heart! I'll probably cry when I get the order in the mail and the matching little baby zip up sleeper comes out.
  • @thescarletmom Aw, I get that. My kids loved "being twins" too. They ask much less frequently now esp the 8yo but when I told them I was thinking of getting them matching pj's with the baby they were both very excited and fully encouraged me haha
  • @potato3000 aw yeah I bet it drops off later on. Mine are 6 and 2.5 and 6yo did not give one hoot about their matching jammies until the last year or less when he decided he loved it. I'm sure it has a ticking clock on it, so I'm going to cash in now!
  • @mindfulmomma2022 that is the sweetest quilt I've ever seen 🥺 I wish I had a MIL like yours 🥰

@potato3000 confession time! I ordered a matching Goumi lounge set and footie when I was baaarely pregnant because they had a huge sale and dropped new prints and I couldn't resist. They're in a baby animal print which will look so cute in the spring. I didn't know I'd be a matchy type of mom but it's too cute to resist at this point. I also have a matching stocking for this little one because they went on sale and I bought an extra "just in case". 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • @mindfulmomma2022 how sweet 🥺 heirloom things like that are just the best! 
  • @kalesix3 Aw haha, I love that! Totally something I would do too 😆
  • @mindfulmomma2022 do you have the kidizen app too? All the people I know who buy the same brands as me use it to resell things and you can usually find really expensive heirloom quality leather baby/toddler shoes too. Plus they have mama clothes and baby carriers! I've found a bunch of good bargains from small shops and slow fashion brands on it 🥰 
  • @kalesix3 just downloaded it. This is my first baby so I’m pretty new to all of the different brands and so we are just making a list and checking out some of the things that we might need. 
  • There was a police chase with helicopters and madness last night in my area. Then they said they caught one suspect but were still looking for another. Now they’re saying there was only ever the one person. I think I’ll drive my kids to school today instead of letting them walk to the bus
  • @cassafrass123 🥴 sounds like a good idea. Wow. 
  • @mindfulmomma2022 I miss how magical that stage is! I loved doing all the brand research and checking stores and comparing everything, although I can't complain about where I'm at with bb#3 because it's also really nice to have all the research and purchases pay off and have less to figure out! I hope the app ends up helping you check some items off your list!🙌🏻 

@cassafrass123 that's absolutely terrifying 😵 I'm glad you're all safe and hopefully they're right and it was just one person and they're not just saying that to keep panic down. 
  • There hasn’t been any other sign of anything amiss in the area, but I did notice an extra police presence by the schools (even the privately owned preschool we got to) which was nice.

Also, someday I’ll realize which Randoms I’m posting on…today wasn’t that day lol