Infertility
Options

Intro and PCO during IVF and OHSS challenges

Hello - I’m a long time lurker, first time poster.

My partner and I have been on our TTC journey for 22 months now, the last 12 with the assistance of a fertility clinic. Me - 37F with PCO (though not PCOS) and him - 39M with low <1% morphology - have just embarked on IVF for the first time. Our retrieval was just yesterday and seems to have amazing preliminary numbers 

41 retrieved
33 mature
28 fertilized (with ICSI) - day 1

However the post retrieval symptoms of OHSS are challenging me to say the least - bloating (i look 4 months pregnant), abdominal pain (literally anytime I move), nausea, exhaustion - and pretty much have me confirmed to the couch.  I knew that I was at high risk of OHSS but i didn’t anticipate it would so debilitating.  I am being monitored daily by my Dr so I feel like I’m in good hands.  However is there anyone out there in a similar boat or who has been though this who can offer some works of reassurance?  I feel like the “tough” part of IVF is over and the next steps are out of my hands but the day-to-day at the moment is just really tough and has me feeling down.

Re: Intro and PCO during IVF and OHSS challenges

• Options
    Embarking on IVF with challenges like PCO and low morphology can be daunting. While the retrieval yielded promising results, OHSS symptoms can be tough. Trust in your doctor's guidance for reassurance and support.