Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Irregular BBT temperatures after loss?

Hi there,

I lost my son about 3 months ago at 25 weeks... He had a genetic anomoly and we were cleared to try again.  I've been back on using the AVA bracelet, which uses skin temp instead of bbt, and the usual slew of OPK tests, CM monitoring, and PDG progesterone kits.  I've been able to confirm for sure that i'm ovulating, but my temperatures seem to be all of the place... I don't understand it- once you ovulate, temperature should rise right with the progesterone rise? Anyone else??

Re: Irregular BBT temperatures after loss?

• Your body can do wonky things for months after a MC, especially a later loss like yours.  Just keep taking your BBT and try to look at the overall pattern.  Sometimes you'll get multiple rises and sometimes it is hard to see what exactly is happening because the temps seem all over the place.  But after BBTing every day for a few months you should be able to start to discern better what is happening with your cycles.  I'm sorry for your loss and for your frustrating.  Nothing about this is easy.  I definitely had some wonky temperatures and things all over the place after my MCs, and mine were all early.  But I was able to see overall patterns at the end of the cycles, and start to get a better idea of what my body was doing within a few cycles.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Were you still ovulating though when your temperatures were erratic? I'm wondering if my the temps are accurately reflecting my hormones being all over the place, or if I'm ovulating correctly and my body is just reacting to the progesterone slowly or something?
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, although sometimes my temp would jump and I'd think I O'd, and then the temp would go back down again.  So it's almost like I had several LH surges a few months, or really long cycles with temps everywhere before they would jump up and stay up.

Did they track your HCG down to 0?  Because that can also cause really wonky temp issues while it's still in your system.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Hmmm i see... i had that last cycle for sure, but this cycle i was able to confirm (although not pinpoint exactly when) that i did in fact ovulate... maybe it's low progesterone/ estrogen dominance thats affecting the temperatures? Like a slow rise?

So frustrating :( i used to be able to see the bbt dip and rise so clearly, i'm hoping it's just temporary! it makes ttc such a struggle!