March 2023 Moms
Options

Randoms 10/4

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
, 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Re: Randoms 10/4

• Options
    Anyone listen to podcasts? What’s your favorites? 
  • Options
    @TortugaAzul the only one I’ve ever really been able to get into is the American Girl podcast. It’s two thirty-somethings women going back through and reading the books and talking about the dolls and it’s honestly so hilarious. Probably only fun if you were into them as a kid though. 

My mom is always trying to get me to listen to Smartless - Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, and Wil Arnet just being silly - but they talk over each other and I have a hard time following it. It’s funny though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @TortugaAzul DH has been binging random podcasts while on the road and making me listen at the same time haha. So far we've listened to all of Mr Ballen Podcast, which is a true crime podcast told in story format. Highly recommend.

Now we're listening to a D&D podcast called Adventure Zone: Ethersea
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    missmuisqmissmuisq member
    edited October 2022
    I sometimes listen to Bridget Phetasy's Walk-Ins Welcome. Back when we were trying to get pregnant for 1.5 years, I listened to one called Infertile AF ... very grateful it's no longer relevant to us :smile:
  • Options
    I don't listen to podcasts now that I don't have to drive to an office, but I used to listen to The Longest Shortest Time when I was pregnant the first time - it was a really great one.  If I listen to any now, I have Armchair Expert (Dax Sheppard & Monica Padman), Unladylike, or Pod Save America. 

Honestly I listen to a lot of stand up comedy - the Netflix station on Sirius is my favorite. I guess it goes to show my attention span has gone from 45+min podcasts to 3-minute standup bits  :joy:
  • Options
    @disneybaby23 I was definitely an American girl fan. I’ll check it out! I had a Samantha and probably every one of the original books at some point. 

@mytrueloves those sound awesome. I love a good story. I’m just having a hard time focusing on reading. 

@missmuisq interesting. I’ll have to check that out.

@heytallmama I didn’t even think about listening to comedy! That would definitely make walks more fun. 
  • Options
    @mytrueloves I listened to the first series of the Adventure Zone and LOVED it. Yep be never played D&D in my life but I used to listen to MBMBaM and migrated. Since then I have stopped commuting so I never listen to podcasts anymore 
  • Options
    @TortugaAzul I love podcasts!!  

Some of my favorites: 
    • Just Ingredients by Karalynne Call- Health things, choosing non-toxic products. Some of my favorites were the children's dentist and how teeth affect the body.  
    • Cyclical by Cassandra Wilder - About women's cyclical health, hormones, menstrual wellness. I had/have issues with my hormones and this one is soo good for just getting to know your cycle and your body as a woman. It's so good. 
    • SelfHealers Soundboard by The Holistic Psychologist - I bought her book and LOVE it. The podcast starts by going through the book. Each episode covers a chapter. Then it moves through like psychological self development.
    •  The Energy Blueprint by Ari Whitten - Another healthy mind, body, and soul podcast. 
    • Sage Sisters by Hailey and Megan - They are energy healing practitioners and talk about all of that stuff. They decide to stop putting out new episodes but they have so many good ones.
    Other ones I like 
    • Stuff you should know: Very random topics. 
    • The Minimalist: all about minimalism 
    • Invisibilia: Also random things that combine story telling and science 
    • Science VS: Goes through the science behind random things like veganism, hydration, placebos. 
    • Lore: Folklore, legends, historical events. 

Ok I'll stop now 🙈

• Options
    heytallmamaheytallmama member
    edited October 2022
    @TortugaAzul Fair warning on listening to stand up on walks - I always wonder what people think as I walk past them chuckling to myself lol 
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! Great ideas here and now I don’t know where to begin. My favorites right now are Thrilling Adventure Hour- beyond belief episodes & the Bible Binge- Sacred Cinema. The last one they’ve been going over all the marvel movies and I love their take. 

@heytallmama I’ll definitely take that into consideration or maybe wear very obvious ear phones😂
  • Options
    My boys' Godmother is currently being induced after developing late term gestational diabetes. She is not happy about it at all and is fighting the process which has caused her to not progress. They are currently talking csection and she is in a complete state of panic. If you have any prayers, good thoughts, or whatever you could send her it would be greatly appreciated. ❤️
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I posted about it in the deals thread but I made our first purchase for this baby for a steal!

And it's goats of course!! 😍🤣
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @missmuisq oh yay!!! Praying for a smooth and safe delivery for her! ❤️
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    miss_lynn9miss_lynn9 member
    edited October 2022
    @nopegoat sending all the loving vibes to her ❤️

Ahhh that's a great deal!!! KQ is my favorite clothing shop for my daughter. I'm always getting compliments. Although unfortunately, things have gone a little downhill since I first started ordering from them. 

Add: I got a shipment from them a couple days ago and I'm in love with the prints. I have another on the way after I realized that I don't have much fall/winter clothes for D. 
  • Options
    @nopegoat  Im saying a prayer for your friend for her to be heard and for her to relax. 🙏🏽
  • Options
    Late to the convo.. but I've listened to 
    The Birth Hour
    VBAC birth stories 
    My favorite Murder (true crime)
    This podcast with kill you (about infectious diseases)

During my IF period 7 years back I listed to The Infertile Mafia

I hope everything went well for the births happening for all your friends and family❤
    Seems like it's been a crazy week for some. 

• Options
    @nopegoat that blanket is so adorable. I can't 😍
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    High school guys are wild! I just got hit on at lunch (I guess the table hid my very obvious bump?). I didn't want to embarrass him, so I just politely let him know I wasn't in college anymore and left it at that since I'm probably a good 11-12 years his senior.
  • Options
    Congratulations Auntie @missmuisq! You should totally move to Texas, though I may be slightly biased 😅

My boys' Godmother gave birth to their baby girl, Hope, this morning at 1:40. Baby and Momma are doing great! I don't know any of the details, and after such a long induction, I don't want to bother her. ❤️
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @muggsd that sounds like a lovely weekend! My husband and I are hosting for the first time in years since we now have the space. Accept half the people are going camping instead so it will be a small thing. I'm looking forward to the delicious food and a long weekend!
  • Options
    @marebear15
    i work in a highschool and can definitely agree about high school boys being wild. They seem a lot different then when I was in school 13 odd years ago lol. 
    I was yelled at just yesterday by a math teacher who didn’t realize I was an adult. He yelled at me to put away my phone and to come and get a test. Tried to calmly explain to him that I am an EA, not a student and he couldn’t hear me and just kept on yelling. So I used to soon to be mom voice and explained respectfully but loudly that I was not a student. 
    He was VERY embarrassed. 

Also is anyone else shocked theirs a JUNE BMB already ?! We are moving along at a steady pace lol 
  • Options
    @TortugaAzul I love the Moth and This American Life. 
  • Options
    My husband just went to the ER with my youngest because of this cough he's been struggling with, which this morning was making his breathing pretty laboured. The rational part of my brain thinks this is totally fine, since MH had asthma as a kid so knows the feeling. The irrational, pregnant part of my brain is like, I SHOULD BE THE ONE TO BE THERE so I'm a bit of a mess right now. 
  • Options
    How’s your son doing @muggsd? I hope much better now. 
  • Options
    @muggsd I hope your son's doing okay, and gets better soon! When our 3 year old had COVID in February, she had very labored breathing and kept saying she couldn't breathe. It was terrifying. Luckily we had a pulse ox and her oxygen levels were fine. Fingers crossed for a fast, smooth recovery 🤞🏻
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @mamahosch those cookies look incredible! My husband and I think have gone to BOM 3 times now and it's admittedly one of our fave driving playlists to sing along to haha
  • Options
    @muggsd I hope your son is doing better. It's always so hard when they're stuck. 
  • Options
    @muggsd I’m glad it was a quick fix…happy Thanksgiving to you all up north! My 5 year old has recurrent croup and it’s the worst. Any little virus sets it off. It’s so hard to see them like that. I hope you all get rest today. 
  • Options
    @heytallmama I’m jealous! We have 3 rooms to paint and get set up before we are ready for this baby to arrive, and I have zero energy for any of it. 
  • Options
    marebear15marebear15 member
    edited October 2022
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians!

@heytallmama - Way to go on getting all the things done! I'm still waiting for a wave of energy so I can paint DS's new room. I probably won't move him in until after Christmas, but better to have everything ready early.
  • Options
    @heytallmama Give me some energy! I need to clean out all of my kids arts and craft supplies and organize and also reorganize my linen closets. Barf. 

I’m super sad about the quality of crib I wanted to order for this babe. I really like the style of Babyletto but their display unit at buy buy baby was so cheap feeling. 😔 We drove out of town to look yesterday and we don’t have much to go on.