January 2023 Moms

Product Spotlight: Nursery Essentials

Nursery: Rocking chairs/gliders, changing tables? other seating? side tables? shelving? baby clothing storage? diaper storage? 

Monitors: What baby monitors do people have? What functionalities of your baby monitors do you use? WiFi-enabled apps on your phone? Connection security? 

Please share!

Re: Product Spotlight: Nursery Essentials

• Nursery: for rockers consider how comfortable, cleanability, and something you can sit in for hours if needed. We didn't get a changing table but a wooden attachment for the nursery dresser, takes up less space and we just stored diapers etc. in the top drawer. For storage we put in a bookcase that accommodates cubes and the bottom has cubes with toys. 
    Monitors: infant optics, not on wifi so not easily hacked hopefully.  
  • Essentials for me is a reliable smart baby monitor to ease my PPA around SIDS so I have both the nanit camera and owlet smart sock and although wifi monitors CAN be hacked I have extra security on my home wifi since I work from home so I’m not worried! We do have a hellobaby camera and monitor if the wifi is down as a backup!  We have a crib and dresser in baby’s room and a bumbo change pad, just use the top drawer of dresser for diapering things! This worked great for our son! I am foregoing the rocker this time as I found it only invited the potential for unsafe sleep (did you know sleeping with a baby on a rocking chair or couch is way more dangerous then bed sharing (following safe sleep 7)) and I think what I may do is keep our nugget play couch in her room so I have a safe (semi comfy) place to sit/ lay with her and nurse! But really won’t be in her room much for the first 4-6 months until we transition from bassinet in our room to crib! I am trying out the mamaroo smart bassinet this go round because my SIL raves about it being the biggest help for her two babies in the first few months!