Baby Names

Does this sound strange together?

Our 18 month old is named MacKenzie. New girl coming in December. I would like to name her after my grandparents who we were both pretty close to. My grandmother was Emma and my granddad was Frank. We want to name her Emma Frances. Our problem is we think it does not go well with MacKenzie since it’s more modern and Emma is more traditional.  I think it’s ok, but some of our family members do not. Opinions?

Re: Does this sound strange together?

• I like it. Sibling names don’t have to match. The only thing I might caution is if you happen to call Mackenzie “M” it might be too similar to “Em”. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Some people do letter nicknames like that.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Thanks. We call her Kenzie or Kenz. So I don't think that would be a probably. We are thinking about Emmy for a nickname. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Not strange at all! I don’t think the names are super dissimilar, and Emma is a beautiful name! 
  • I think it’s great! Both beautiful.
  • I would go with Emma Frances. They are different styles but Emma peaked in popularity around the same time as Mackenzie so I don't think they are a strange pair. If you want something longer to "match" Mackenzie maybe Francesca Emma would be an option.
  • If you want something similar try doing ella.. i think the lack of em in the name ella compliments the name mackenzie…. Also Ella and Kenz (nickname for mackenzie) flows really well
  • Emma Franklyn or Franklynn. The names don’t have to be too matchy but you could call them Kenzi and Franki 
  • Kids won’t be together all the time for more than about six to eight years of their life. My brothers and I don’t have names similar to each other at all. We all have family names, but other than that they aren’t related at all. My advice is to not worry about it at all and go with what you really like.