March 2023 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms 9/26

muggsdmuggsd member
edited September 2022 in March 2023 Moms
How are you doing? 

Re: Weekly Symptoms 9/26

• Options
    Anyone else have symptoms that come and go seemingly randomly day-to-day? I will have a good day or 2 then just been couch ridden for another day. It’s getting real old. 
  • Options
    @muggsd yep! I think part of the reason it's so bad following the good days is that I tend to take full advantage of the good days and completely over do it.

Hopefully the mostly good day times are soon for us all of us. ❤️
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not pregnancy related, but I got a stomach bug on the way back from Disney. Throwing up in the car is not fun. I took yesterday off of work to recover since it's taking me awhile to bounce back.
  • Options
    nopegoat said:
    @muggsd yep! I think part of the reason it's so bad following the good days is that I tend to take full advantage of the good days and completely over do it.

Hopefully the mostly good day times are soon for us all of us. ❤️
    Same. 🥵
  • Options
    @nopegoat completely agree that I overdo it too. But nothing would get done otherwise! 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @marebear15 oh no! I hope you are feeling better! We’re going to Disney in a few weeks and I’m nervous this will happen. 😅

I’ve been fighting a migraine for the last two days. It’s not been good and today is my daughters birthday. 
  • Options
    99% sure I have a sinus infection. I have a general practitioner appointment on Friday to make sure that is what it is. Tylenol barely helps, so hopefully she’ll be able to give me something. 🤞🏻
  • Options
    @shorty-sar oh no. Those suck- hopefully they can prescribe something to fix it. I usually get a sinus infection pretty much every year. 

My 1st trimester good fortune ran out. I wasn’t sick, barely had any food aversions, and no throwing up. We’ll so far it looks like my 2nd trimester is going to be all of that. I’ve been so nauseous the past week. At first I thought I was just sick but now it’s a daily pattern. Finally breaking out all the ginger ale and ginger chews I bought early on that I didn’t think I would need. Anyone else in the same boat? 
  • Options
    @disneybaby23 I use to get them every year, but I haven’t had one since college…so about 5 or 6 years. No idea what changed😅 
  • Options
    Still throwing up every morning. Before I eat, so it's just spit/bile, but not fun. This morning, my toddler got mad and said, "Mama! Stop throwing up!" Poor thing doesn't understand. 

I'm pretty much over the first trimester nausea and exhaustion, and even though I still throw up sometimes it's mostly due to not eating enough and not really nausea. This happened my first pregnancy too.
  • Options
    I had a couple weeks where my nausea and aversions weren't too bad but they have come back in full force recently. I've also been dealing with this awful taste in my mouth that I can't get rid of no matter what I try. It's definitely contributing to the aversions. Anyone else dealing with weird tastes?
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    Does anyone else have a day of the week where they feel like it’s a growth-spurt/increased hormone day? Mine always seems to be Sunday, whether it’s growing type pains in my uterus, or emotions are extra high. During the early part of the first trimester, I would get really cold and really emotional, but now I just get emotions 😂
  • Options
    Pregnancy brain is BAD! I keep loosing things and can't find them. Friday, I searched for my keys for 15 minutes then had to call my friend to pick up my daughter from daycare. I ended up finding them under a dress on my bed. Like why would I put them on my bed. It keeps happening with everything and I'm quite annoyed, Words also aren't coming to me. So if my grammar is extra bad, I'm blaming pregnancy brain lol. 
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 My SIL (3 months PP) and I were trying to have a conversation and both of us couldn't think of half the words we were trying to say. We died laughing at ourselves.

Also, I remember trying to think of how to spell "of" during one of my pregnancies. I kept trying to use phonics to spell it out: uv  :D
  • Options
    Ahhh! Started feeling little rolls today! ❤️
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 I think that’s where my brain is right now too. I had a call with a client today and I was having trouble remembering basic words or what year we were talking about. I really hope it doesn’t get any worse. Our entire Oct-Dec season is just consulting and phone calls but I can’t string a sentence together. 
  • Options
    k_keyser1996k_keyser1996 member
    edited October 2022
    Finally got to my parents house early this morning.. tried to get some sleep and just can’t sleep. I don’t know if it’s nerves to tell them or what but I’ve been up on and off for over 24 hours with a couple naps here and there 
  • Options
    mytruelovesmytrueloves member
    edited October 2022
    Today at Walmart, I overheard a woman and her mom shopping for someone else that was pregnant. They were obviously very excited and said she was due in February or March. It was really sweet listening to them gush over the baby clothes. But when they passed by me, I saw that they had their carts full with EVERYTHING. They had a crib, a bassinet, a car seat and stroller, baby bath tub, clothes. The whole 9 yards. I don't know who this anonymous woman is but I hope it's all to her liking haha

ETA: this was meant for the randoms, not symptoms 🤦🏻‍♀️
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    18 weeks tomorrow and I'm gettin very antsy/ anxious/ frustrated I still really don't feel baby moving. I know it's normal to not feel them up to like 22 weeks but uh, that's 4 more weeks and my anxious self is not down with that. I also know I'm tall and this kid's got plenty of space up in there so between lack of movement and small bump at nearly the halfway point, the story I'm telling myself is often one of "what if...." versus "everything's okay!"

I'm about to buy a doppler for the 3x a week panic moments I get -- anyone have any recommendations? 
  • Options
    @heytallmama I don't have any recommendations because I am in the same boat. I'm 16 weeks and very anxious because I can't feel anything (also know this is normal) paired with very minimal symptoms. 

Someone also recommended I get a Doppler but the MW at my last appointment had a hard time finding the HB because my uterus was higher than she expected. I don't think I'm qualified enough to use one so it would do me more harm than good. 

When's your next dr. Appointment? 
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 I'm worried I'd not find it either which would only heighten my anxiety! That said, my MW was like "I'm not supposed to recommend them, but I had one for my pregnancies and it helped me, but again... I'm not supposed to be here recommending them but... you do you."

My next appt isn't until the 20th for my anatomy scan (20 weeks on the nose). I keep thinking I may as well give it a go with an at-home doppler and if it sucks, I can return it or just call it a wash....
  • Options
    @heytallmama I'm not feeling movement either. There have been a time or two where I felt like I could have possibly felt something but more than likely it was just gas bubbles. 😅

Before my last ultrasound I figured I had anterior placenta and they confirmed I was correct so I probably won't really feel movement till closer to 20wks like my last few babies. Any chance you could have it too? 

I do have a doppler because I did a lot of telehealth appts last pregnancy because of Covid. I basically refuse to use it though, before because it was too early, and now because I anterior placenta means it much harder to hear too. Not worth the stress. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Ok so Doppler tips…

Google a diagram of a pregnant uterus/fundal heights. This will help you approximate where baby should be so you aren’t searching all around your abdomen. You can also feel for the top of your uterus, which you should be able to feel so you aren’t searching too high. 

Sonoline B (if it’s still called that) is the most affordable one, I think $20-25 bucks-ish. Available on Amazon. You will need a bottle of Aquasonic gel if it doesn’t come included. 

Slowly scan over the abdomen side to side over the area you uterus is. Start low then come up higher. Intermittently you will hear whooshing and may hear your own pulse. You will know it’s yours because it’s slower and if you feel your own pulse in your neck it will match. Baby’s heartbeat will be more rapid and may come and go if the baby moves away from the Doppler. If you can’t find baby don’t panic. I would try for only a couple minutes then try again later. There are different factors that make it harder to find in some women and that’s ok!

There are actually great tutorials on YouTube on how to use a Doppler. It definitely can provoke more anxiety, so I think it’s a “you do you” situation for sure. I’ve had one because of my loss history and it has helped immensely. 
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida thank you so much for the tips and specific device to look into!

@nopegoat Nope, ultrasounds and MW confirmed it’s not anterior so I “should” be feeling babe any day now. But I’m glad you mentioned that! 

Will let y’all know if I get it and any successes/ challenges! 
  • Options
    @heytallmama Apparently the prices have gone up since 2016…I just checked Amazon and they are all $80 😬😬😬 yikes!
  • Options
    @heytallmama Apparently the prices have gone up since 2016…I just checked Amazon and they are all $80 😬😬😬 yikes!
    I think I got mine off of Groupon for like $60. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Oof yeah- and estimated arrival for me is right before my next u/s. Maybe I’ll hold tight 🙃
  • Options
    My headaches were gone for about a week and it came back today. Ugh I hate them. 
  • Options
    I think everything is growing all at once this weekend. My stomach muscles and hips were achy yesterday, and a little today, and I’m way more exhausted and hungry than normal! Today I feel a little nauseous and exhausted, with a few low twinges here and there. I feel like I’m back in first tri.😅
  • Options
    As anyone else having a "witching hour" in the middle of the night? I keep waking up at 2 am for literally no reason and can't fall back asleep for an hour or two
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @mytrueloves YES!!! And it's so annoying. Like it's too early to be preparing us for no sleep lol 
  • Options
    @mytrueloves I’ve had this with every pregnancy and it is my most frustrating symptom!! 
  • Options
    @muggsd @miss_lynn9 I'm sorry to hear I'm not alone haha. As if the vivid dreams, frequent peeing, and inability to get comfortable weren't enough 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    I had such crazy dreams last night. Two different ones I was giving birth. The first I realized in my dream that I was only 19 weeks (I'm currently only 17 IRL) and yelled at the nurses to stop giving me pitocin cause I had gone for an induction, and to give me something to stop my labor instead. 

The second time I was still 19 weeks along but gave birth to a miniture poodle. 

It was such a weird dream 
  • Options
    @gravcass The pregnancy dreams are next level. Last night I dreamt I was playing a slot machine with my (4 y/o) DD 🤣 and we won the jackpot. I could literally feel the ridges of the coins in my dream and I never get tactile details like that at any other time other than pregnancy. Too bad my dream didn’t come true!! I’m glad yours were just dreams…
  • Options
    Pregnancy dreams are next level weird! Last night I dreamed I did the deed with the vampire from Midnight Mass 🙈 it was a very emotional experience and I called DH crying that "no one will ever want me the way that vampire did!"
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @mytrueloves Omg lol. Midnight mass. That is honestly the coolest vampire. He’s so intense - I get it. 

Last night I had a really upsettingly vivid dream so real that when I woke up I was crying where I was back in college and one of my sorority sisters was trying to catch a serial killer on campus and it turned out to be one our other friends. The betrayal was so real feeling and with actual people that I haven’t talked to in 10+ years and where I could remember all the details hours after I woke up. At least it’s a departure from my usual recurring dream of someone stealing my cat.
  • Options
    The carpal tunnel has started. I had it with my first pregnancy, I would wake up multiple times in the night with completely numb hands and forearms. 

I would get numbs fingers even when not pregnant but the nightly happenings didn't start this early last pregnancy. MW isn't concerned, it's just more annoying than anything. 
  • Options
    My ankle just swelled up for the first time today. I was joking to my husband that I needed a pedicure and he looked down was like “did you hurt your ankle?” So jarring to see one ankle like 3x the size out of nowhere. I’m sure I can blame sitting at my desk all day these past few weeks. Deadline day is finally tomorrow and then I can get some more exercising in and less sitting. 

Is anyone else getting swelling already? I always thought this would be later in pregnancy.