Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o 8/29

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What is the thing that makes you think "now it's fall!"?

Re: TFAS w/o 8/29

• Options
    What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 5/4 AL

WTO/TWW? TWW, but I'm benched, so...

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Even though I'm benched, I've been tracking to see what my body is doing on its own without medication. I had a 9 day luteal phase last month, which is the longest I've ever had without progesterone. I'm wondering if the hundreds of supplements I'm on are helping.

Any questions? We're about to start potty training in earnest next month. We're going to Disneyworld mid-September and I'm wondering if we should just wait until afterwards to start training. We're local, so it's not like it's a family vacation or anything, just a really long day in a new environment.

Rant/Rave? My rheumatologist appointment is this week, so hopefully I'll be cleared to start trying soon!

GTKY: What is the thing that makes you think "now it's fall!"? I live in Florida, so nothing LOL. When I was in the Midwest, that would be the changing of the leaves for sure. Sadly, our palm trees don't change colors.
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options

Month/Cycle? 8/5 ish

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? I know you’re only supposed to compare within one month, but my pre-ovulation temps were kinda high compared to other months, and I’m only a few days post-ovulation, so I’m wondering if there will even be a distinguishable temp rise for the luteal phase. I mean so far my temps are “higher” but only by like 0.05 degrees which I’m pretty sure is within the error range of my thermometer. 😅 But I had a really good LH peak and a temp drop on ovulation day and the cervical signs were there, so I think it happened. I guess we’ll see. I think being exposed to perpetual daycare viruses is messing temps up even when I’m asymptomatic. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? Nope

GTKY: What is the thing that makes you think "now it's fall!"? This is kind of a downer but we’ve noticed some increased Yellowjacket activity in our backyard and they’re a very autumn bug. 🥲 We haven’t seen a nest on the ground anywhere but it could be at a neighbors and they just like hanging out in our trees in the daytime. Here’s hoping they stay at the tops of our trees and don’t visit us on the ground too much. 

@elle-0409 I think my vote would be to start after the Disneyworld trip because I found that there was a point where she “got” potty training and another point where she “really got” potty training and another point where she was “really really” potty trained, and at a few weeks in we really weren’t ready to go places. Alternatively, just start whenever and then stick the diaper back on, “This is a diaper for going to Disney because it’s different there, but you’re such a big kid you won’t need it when we get home again.”
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @elle-0409 Potty training is different for every kid and every family, but if you think you all are ready I would say go for it! Depending on your approach, you could always use a pull-up that day just in case (but still try to stay on a potty schedule). Good luck!

@krb99 Oh man, I hope the yellow jackets disappear quickly! That is definitely not a fun sign of fall.

Month/Cycle? 12/13 AL

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Same old, same old. Hard to get too optimistic about a different outcome each cycle at this point. Been feeling kind of down the last few days (not necessarily TTC-related), so trying to figure out how to get through that. 

Any questions? Not today

Rant/Rave? We're going out of town this weekend and I'm excited for time to relax!

GTKY: What is the thing that makes you think "now it's fall!"? The first time I put on a sweatshirt!
  • Options
    @krb99 Thanks for the potty training advice! Boo to yellow jackets.
    @abjm0325 Sorry that you've been feeling down. Can you treat yourself to something? A new book, pedicure, solo coffee date? Have fun this weekend!
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing