May 2023 Moms
Options

Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened MC Thread **TW**

Re: Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened MC Thread **TW**

• Options
    Thanks for the encouragement from all of you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Has anybody experienced HCG slowing past 10,000? Mine has been around 13200 for 36 hours but I’ve had 3 scans since the initial draw, and baby has grown every day since the initial scan. First scan baby was 6w1d and today baby was 6w4d (3 days later). But 3 separate lab’s draws all lingered between 13170-13370. OB said that US trumps HCG and not to get anymore lab draws at this point since baby and heartbeat looks good. 
  • Options
    I don't have any knowledge about that, but I am glad that the OB says US trumps HCG. Hold on to that hope! It sounds like you're doing good. How far along are you?
  • Options
    @peachinolive I’m only 6 weeks 2 days, baby is measuring 2 days ahead. Yes, based on ultrasounds everything is great but I’m feeling extremely skeptical after my 16 week loss in May. I have a wonderful 7 year old but am having such a hard time trusting my body again /:
  • Options
    peachinolivepeachinolive member
    edited September 2022
    16 weeks, thats so hard, I'm sorry! The thing that's been helping me is remembering that if I worry and feel bad about something that hasn't happened yet, and then it happens... I've basically put myself through it twice! Feeling skeptical makes total sense, but you should also enjoy what you can, and it sounds like we can celebrate your baby growth! :)
  • Options
    @peachinolive that’s actually really good advice thank you! Sometimes I assume the worst because it prepares me for some of the heartbreak. I mourned my son once because I thought he was a blighted ovum and then again when I lost him at 16 weeks. I really don’t want to do the same to this baby. I’m trying so hard to focus on other things. I really am holding on to the belief that *she* is a strong baby, with a strong heart beat, early on. OBs were happy they could see it abdominally this early (opposed to a transvaginal ultrasound). I want to be glowing but I feel anxious and scared. It’s definitely a bad cycle to get in when you’re pregnant after a loss. I’m looking forward to the weekend and family time 💕
  • Options
    My bleeding has increased from pink spotting to heavy clots, so unfortunately it's time for me to bow out I believe. I wish you all the strongest, healthiest pregnancies and babies. Give them all extra snuggles for me when they come ❤️
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @sunshineitsfine I’m so sorry and hope you get your rainbow soon. I recommend double checking with a scan if you can, just to make sure. Sub-chorionic hematomas can cause clots. But when you know you know 💕 giving you hugs from over here 
  • Options
    @sunshineitsfine so sorry for your loss 💔
  • Options
    @sunshineitsfine I'm so sorry and I'm sending you hugs.
  • Options
    I’m 6w 2 days and just took another pregnancy test although I confirmed my pregnancy 2ish weeks ago. I wanted to see how the line darkened since it was very faint when I got my positive. My symptoms are very much progressing, which means my hormones are increasing but the test was still fairly faint today. Should I worry? I’ve heard of the hook effect taking place around 6+ weeks. 

I lost my last pregnancy so I’m just overly concerned about everything. 🥹
  • Options
    @nicholelouisepine Thinking of you and hoping for a good second beta!

@carlymanzy I don't think home tests are an accurate indicator at this point in pregnancy for you. If you're concerned, you could ask for a blood draw to compare quantitative HCG numbers to make sure they're increasing appropriately. 
  • Options
    Had some brown blood when I woke up this morning. I know this doesn’t necessarily mean anything is wrong, especially since it is brown, but it never feels good to see.  :(
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    @ceclarlinetlo I am so sorry to hear! It is always stressful. Not sure how far along you are but you could always call to see if they could do an early US for peace of mind?
  • Options
    @maelove I just got my BFP on Sunday so it’s too early to see anything. But thanks for the support  <3
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Options
    It can be implantation if you’re that early! Especially if brown. Truly would try not to worry. 💕 but I recommend getting HCG drawn to make sure it doubles 
  • Options
    I’ve been having consistently having brown spotting, almost every day since I found out I was pregnant(1.5 weeks) . It’s my first pregnancy and should be about 5 weeks pregnant so I’m a little stressed, and been taking pregnancy tests every few days to make sure I’m still pregnant. But from what I read brown is usually just old blood so trying not to worry. Just can’t wait until I have my OB apt and ultrasound in a few weeks.
  • Options
    @maelove this is so nice to hear. It’s so helpful hearing what is currently a HUGE ‘now’ issue being spoke about in past tense. I keep trying to do it myself with my symptoms to put them into perspective “I spotted a bit in my first trimester” vs “I’m spotting and having a panic attack about” - this was so helpful in calming my nerves 
  • Options
    I changed my name before I posted - must have lagged 
  • Options
    I’m on day 5 of getting my BFP and I’m not loving my dye progression. They are getting darker but not by much if I’m honest. I know that doesn’t necessarily mean anything at this point, everything could still be fine but man I would love to see some more obvious darkening. 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Options
    @ceclarlinetlo FWIW mine didn't get that much darker either this time, not like my earlier BFPs. I know you had some brown blood, though, so can imagine the worry. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    I’m pretty sure I’m out ladies. I took a test this morning and there wasn’t a line at the 3 minute mark and what did show up before 10 minutes was lighter than yesterdays.
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Options
    @ceclarlinetlo I’m sorry for your loss
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    @ceclarlinetlo Sending you hugs as you navigate your loss.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Looking for advice on what could be a possible chemical pregnancy from those who have gone through it before….

We got a BFP on Friday! This is baby #2, so I’m only @ about 4 weeks (first day of missed period was Thursday). We were very surprised, since I only got my IUD out and had a period in August, so this was our first month trying. Also took a test Saturday morning (diff brand) and it was positive.

Starting Friday night, there was some spotting when I’d wipe — mostly dark/old blood, but sometimes looking more red. Mild cramping all day Friday and Saturday, nothing too crazy and like a light period. Saturday I did have a thick brown/red gush on underwear. Overnight, I wore a pad and woke up to it being light red/pink and that has continued all day. Have also felt like my period was coming for past few days, with the mild cramping and the feeling of a light “gush.” Nervous because I had none of these symptoms the first time and I don’t know when to worry!

Spoke with the midwife on call at my practice and she said that this could be normal/implantation, but the period feeling and light cramping has her thinking it could be a chemical pregnancy. She said I could either wait a week and see if my period comes, or come in for blood draws Monday and Thursday for HCG (I am going to do the blood draw for peace of mind).

I had no spotting or cramping with my first pregnancy, just exhaustion! I know it’s early days still, but I can’t ignore my gut feeling that something is….off.

Any insight people can provide would be soooo helpful.
  • Options
    Hi I'm 5w2d, was super constipated and had to strain to have a BM. After words had some spotting. Went to the triage at my women's hospital and got an hcg that was 24,300. Ultrasound had gestational sac and yolk sac present. Said it was too early to see anything else. I'm still having some back pain that I was having with the constipation but nothing too crazy. I'm just starting to panic. Any advice?
  • Options
    @Knottie1458066768 hi there- I’m sorry for the difficult time you’re going through. With my chemical I began bleeding by CD 35. So my period was about a week late. Pregnancy tests were never very dark and began to lighten. I had that lingering feeling the entire time. Also my period began light on CD 1 and then came on like a normal period and luckily it was a full miscarriage, no residual tissue. I got my levels done and it went from 15-25-30’s-15-0. Something like that, never got very high and certainly did not double. By the time it dropped back down I was already bleeding luckily. I know some gals say their chemicals are painful but mine was similar to a normal period. Just a little sadness but I was happy it was an early loss if that makes sense. I had a late loss prior so this was easier for me to handle. Next cycle I got this baby, my rainbow baby💕 good luck!
  • Options

@knottie33c2a1139e5f9cd7 hi there- I’ve read spotting can be normal when straining with BM. Everyone is different and that area is more delicate right now. You’re very early for a heartbeat, with that HCG I would suspect you could see one in a week! Yolk sac and gestational sac is appropriate. 

All I can recommend is having your progesterone checked to make sure it’s not low, as that’s the only intervention you can have when a pregnancy is at risk (due to low Progesterone)- also checking that you’re not a negative blood type, as if baby is a positive blood type that can also create issues. And they can give you medicine for that. 

I’d recommend seeing about getting an early scan and bloodwork next week for peace of mind. 

For reference the earliest I ever saw a heartbeat was this pregnancy 5w6d. And with my loss I saw his heartbeat at 7w. With my son I believe it was around 6-6.5 weeks (:
  • Options
    Thank you! It’s just confusing the variance in the spotting/discharge over the past few days. And the sensation of having a period, without the consistent flow. Having my HCG levels checked tomorrow and then 72hrs after that, so we’ll see how it progresses. Right now, I’m of the mindset that if this pregnancy is not meant to be I just want it to happen and pass quickly (the physical part, the emotional part is harder). I just can’t feel excitement over the pregnancy at this point, with that nagging sensation of something off :(
  • Options
    care8505care8505 member
    edited September 2022
    I'm 5w2d and have had brown spotting/discharge for 3 days now. I've now learned I need a new doctor. He did prenatal blood work last week however never checked my HCG levels. I spoke with his office and they said see how you are in a couple days. Well that doesn't work for me lol so I paid for a HCG test this morning and I'm waiting for the results. Since my doctor isn't willing to help me when should I go back for a second draw so I can figure out if my numbers are going up or down?

I should add I've had cramps everyday on and off since I found out at 4w! Nothing too too bad but they are there.
  • Options
    @ceclarlinetlo I am so sorry for your loss. Take care and be kind to yourself. 
  • Options
    Had my first OB visit today at 9w2d. Vaginal US showed baby measuring at 6 weeks and no heartbeat detected. The OBGYN ordered a full ultrasound and quantitative HCG to rule out miscarriage, but I'm certain of my conception timeframe, so I'm sure it's a missed miscarriage. I'll know more in a week or so, but I don't hold a lot of hope for good news. Since I'm 40, I have been mentally preparing for this possibility, but you can't truly emotionally prepare. 

That said, who knows, I could be sticking around. God does amazing things. From carrying a pregnancy through, to healing a broken heart. 
  • Options
    @momsiepopsicle so sorry for your news today. Hopefully things turn out for the best 
  • Options
    caroduke said:
    @momsiepopsicle so sorry for your news today. Hopefully things turn out for the best 
    Thank you <3 
  • Options
    @momsiepopsicle thinking of you in light of that difficult news. I am really sorry.
  • Options
    maelove said:
    @momsiepopsicle thinking of you in light of that difficult news. I am really sorry.
    Thank you. It's official. The bleeding started today. I'm grateful I had a day of warning with the ultrasound so it wouldn't be such a shock now. 

God bless all you mamas with a strong pregnancy. I pray I'm the last in this group that has to bow out. <3
  • Options
    @momsiepopsicle Sending you hugs as you go through this.