October 2022 Moms

Labor

relizabethprelizabethp member
edited August 2022 in October 2022 Moms
We are getting close to delivery. Figured we can start a thread for questions or symptoms.

I am currently 32 weeks pregnant, baby boy is head down. I am having strong braxton hicks but no true contractions and I am starting to feel pelvic discomfort.  I also go in every Tuesday and Friday to monitor for signs of labor as of now nothing has shown that i am in true labor. 

Re: Labor

• I am thinking about this a lot too! Baby is head down. My previous deliveries were at just over 38 weeks and just over 37, so now that I am at 34 I am very aware! Doesn’t help that my husband just got a week long business trip on the other side of the country thrown in his schedule for week 36!! Plus some meetings that will have him 2 hours away week 37…

BH are not too bad lately, but I am hyper-aware of lower back aches; that is the symptom that precipitated labor for me so I am paying attention to that, especially when it lasts for a while. However baby has not dropped yet, though I know that’s not a guarantee, so still hoping we will make it to full term. 
  • I’m 35w tomorrow and can’t tell if a) I'm carrying lower or I'm just imagining it and b) if I’m not experiencing BH or just don’t know what they feel like
  • Loading the player...
  • @serenejellybean your husband’s work schedule is giving me anxiety-do you have someone close by in case you do go into labor?

@mcclanna what are you feeling? BH ate normally a tightening of your belly that goes all the way across- it’s like you are doing an intense ab workout and every muscle is engaged. However, BH are normally not painful just uncomfortable and they have no pattern to them.

I went to my non stress test on Friday and contractions were clocked- i was checked and my cervix is high and closed. But the drs did change the date of my C-section which went from Oct 17 to Oct 6. They told me that they may need to move it again. 
  • siouxieq87siouxieq87 member
    edited August 2022
    @relizabethp Just curious why they changed it, was it cus of the contractions?
  • @mcclanna Same here, but after scrutinizing my past bump pics next to this most recent one, I’m pretty sure this baby is LOW lol.
  • @siouxieq87 they changed it because of a couple of reasons- i have a compromised uterus and can’t go into labor. My baby is measuring 11 days ahead (we did IVF so no question on the date of conception) and because of the contractions they determined it’s safer that i deliver earlier than planned. They also told me to expect the date to move at least one more time. 
  • @holly0810 Oh wow! Did you have to stay in the hospital that whole time? I didn’t realize they would let anyone go that long ruptured membranes.
  • @holly0810 im so glad to see an update from you! I hope everything continues to go well ! Please let us know how things progresses