March 2023 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 8/23

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/23

• Options
    @disneybaby23 I’m also working my way through the Harry Potter audiobooks! Whenever I’m too sick to move I put it on in the background. I’m 3/4ths through Order of the Phoenix at the moment. 
  • Options
    @excitedforpiscesbaby I’m like 3/4ths through prisoner of Azkaban right now. I’m glad to see I’m not the only one binging these. Serious comfort read. Plus I’m getting so excited about the reality of getting to relive and share these with baby someday. I’ve also been rewatching the movies as I finish each book. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nopegoat me too!! I love coffee.. it smells like hot trash right now and makes me so sick 😅 but I want it!! 😂
  • Options
    @nopegoat @TortugaAzul I just had my first cup of coffee in about 2 months this morning after church... it was the wrong move  :s
  • Options
    The app is being an a**. I can't reply to anything, it's not showing me the new things, and I can't start a new post on it, mobile, or laptop (this week's product Spotlight will be late). I can reply to comments on mobile but it still doesn't show new ones. Anyone else having this issue? 
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 It sounds like the app logged you out. I would try to log back in, or first log out and then log in, depending on what it's showing you.
  • Options
    @marebear15 I tried logging in and out, I even removed it and reinstalled and it didn't work. As soon as I posted something on the mobile it fixed the app which is weird.
  • Options
    Had a midwife appointment today, and she moved my due date back to pretty much where it was originally. I started at March 2, then moved back to March 6, now they are recommending I move to Feb 28. 

Anyone mind if I stick around here (even though I’m technically a Feb mama now)? I don’t want to have to start over 🙃
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 it’s doing the same to me too!
  • Options
    @muggsd i think there was another mama that’s in the same boat with a edd at feb 27. We will keep both of you 😉
  • Options
    @muggsd you're stuck with us. 😉
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
  • Options
    Work travel sagas:
    - flight at 620. Cancelled around noon; rebooked for 430. 
    - stressed throughout midwife appt and bloodwork, anxious id miss my flight 
    - arrive on time! Flight delayed an hour. 
    -and again. 
    - and again. 
    -once more, 7:15!
    -board plane. 
    -sit for TWO HOURS
    -deplane; grateful to charge phone. New arrive to Nashville is damn near 2am, but still determining new departure time. Half the flight is getting wasted at bar by our gate. I am jealous. 

…I need to be presentable and on-site with client at 9am. There goes a night of glorious hotel sleep 😩
  • Options
    @heytallmama oh no, that sounds horrible. Hopefully you don't have to wait much longer. 
  • Options
    @heytallmama oh no! Hopefully no more delays. 
  • Options
    @muggsd Stay! I intend to stay even though they moved my due date to 4/7.
  • Options
    @muggsd - @youcanhavemanhattan has a due date of 2/27, but she's sticking around. Definitely stay! I'm planning an induction at 38 weeks, so I'll have a February baby as well.
  • Options
    @mamahosch congrats!! Brothers are so much fun!! Never a dull moment but fun nonetheless! 💙
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @mamahosch congratulations!
  • Options
    @mamahosch congratulations! how exciting
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @mamahosch congratulations!!! 💙💙💙
  • Options
    The L&D department at the hospital in my town is closing again. 😭 I hated having to drive 45 into the city and find parking and then walk to the hospital during my last pregnancy. This is definitely making me sway towards a home birth. 

Although when we decided home birth last time we had a huge backlash from H family. MIL said we were horrible parents. So I see this being fun. At least this time I have stats to back me up. Although all I really want to say is "this is not up for discussion". But that won't go over well either.
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 do you have the option of just not telling them? 
  • Options
    @gravcass if it were up to me, i wouldn't. But H isn't ok with that. I'm not going to say anything unless they ask. 
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 I only told a handful of people that I was going to have a homebirth last time. I just didn't want the crappy, fear inducing comments. We did tell my MIL and it was a total mistake. She kept questioning everything and acted like I had zero prenatal care whatsoever. It was frustrating. We will be doing a homebirth again this time and I'm hoping MIL will be a bit better about it but I'm not holding my breath. Huge hugs. ❤️

, 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Never a dull moment around here. But in my defense a chicken isn't technically a pet so... 😅
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat the last thing we need while pregnant and preparing for a new baby is stress from family. It's frustrating. If it becomes a thing I'll just send her one of the studies I found. 

Haha I also wouldn't consider a chicken a pet. 
  • Options
    @nopegoat @miss_lynn9 we have 6 chickens and consider them pets. My husband more than me, but I was the one who wanted them in the first place 🤣
  • Options
    Whelp, I made it 36 years without a bee sting…thankfully I seem fine with a normal local skin reaction so far. But dang this hurts! The bees have seemed super aggressive this year in our area. I wasn’t even bothering it, it just attacked!
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 exactly! MIL waited until the end of my pregnancy too to try and convince my husband to make me change my mind because of allll the risks and because I needed real care. 🙄 She legit couldn't understand that my midwife had real training and was qualified to do all my prenatal care, normal pregnancy screenings, and newborn screenings for the first two weeks of his life. Oh well.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us that it goes smoothly! ❤️

@cheznet we have a few we consider kind of as pets, but once he hit 40+ birds we were done with pet status. 😂

@Wishilivedinflorida ouch! We keep bees and the stings are definitely no fun. Can you go to the store and buy some tobacco? We keep a can just in case. Add water and put it directly on the sting. It helps get out some of the toxins and reduces swelling. Keep in mind that the swelling will probably be worse tomorrow and then gets better from there.

Were you close to the hive? It's getting closer to winter and they are getting a bit more protective of their honey stores for winter right now. I'm not sure where you are, but Africanized hives are becoming are big problem too. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    We basically have a spider infestation around our front doorway 😭😭😭😭 I cannot handle it and I’m making DH get some spray for the area. They are big spiders too!!!! We used to have pest control spray but it got really expensive for the company doing absolutely nothing when they’d come. 
  • Options
    @nopegoat We we’re eating at an outdoor restaurant but there was a big hibiscus tree behind us. I read that this time of year bee “food” is more scarce so they attack for human food more often. My H was swatting at one maybe 5-10 mins prior. Then as I was standing there I felt a huge jolt at the back of my leg. Such a weird sensation! 

We live in Pennsylvania so not too exotic 🤣 

I had a big welt but it’s better now. No tobacco on hand but I iced it. No itching. I have epi pens for other reasons but I think I’m out of the danger zone time wise. I am highly allergic to other things so I was super paranoid about this happening. Not ideal while pregnant. 
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited September 2022
    @Wishilivedinflorida I'm in Texas and we've been having a tough time with Africanized hives here. They've been doing research to see if they requeen the hives if it helps any but lots of times the bees are so aggressive that they have to burn the whole hive. It's horrible.

Being next to a big food source will do it especially this time of year in a Northern state where you get a real fall and winter. We are still being bombarded by bees for an extra water source here. We had an above ground pool for a while and they would be all over it so my boys didn't even want to swim anymore. 😅

I'm glad the swelling is mostly gone. ❤️
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat I don't think a lot of people understand that MWs are trained professionals and know what they're doing. Also keeping my fingers crossed for both of us! ❤️ When do you plan to let her know? 
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 exactly! Most people think they are just hippie quacks. Oh well.

Umm.. I don't know. 😅 I'm not saying anything to her. I basically cut all unnecessary communication with her like a year ago. She knows I'm pregnant and she talks to my husband semi frequently but she hasn't even met my 1yr old yet so.... I guess my husband will tell her when she asks. 😂
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙