Trying to Get Pregnant

Re: Randoms w/o 8/22

• thanks for starting the week out for us, @abjm0325!
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Loading the player...
  • @hestia-is-wearie do you keep a journal beside your bed in which to collect these gems? i think you should.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • @optimistgardener I should! I've kept dream diaries on and off over the years. I had some really trippy ones in high school: maybe my dreams are fueled by hormones?
  • @nicmkw I'm sending you a PM about something writing-related.  :)

Side note, where is everyone? I thought *last* week was slow...
  • @hestia-is-wearie i keep having that same question. i've been on here now for like a year and a half, and honestly although there are seasonal dips and increases in participation, it's my impression that the overall number of people participating has been going down. if i were forced to speculate as to why, i'd say that TB's mobile platform (both app and mobile browser) is terrible and as fewer and fewer folk are accessing this site through their desktops we're losing people who can't find us in the first place as well as maybejustmaybe a few of our peggies who would otherwise have joined us but start off on the wrong foot because they didn't read the rules but also because as far as I can tell, mobile bumping does actually make it a bit harder to figure out the rules
    History
  • @hestia-is-wearie As someone that used to exclusively desktop post and now is forced to mobile post, I concur with @optimistgardener that it is the pits and may stand in the way of others joining the board. I definitely post less now than I used to because of the pain of navigating on my phone. 
  • @abjm0325 I agree the desktop format is a lot easier to navigate than mobile. Just curious, why are you forced to mobile post?
    @optimistgardener All good points. There are several other mobile-first platforms that are probably more popular with those TTC for the first time. I also wonder if people check out TB's other forums and see so little activity and sporadic posts going answered for months that they think it isn't worth it to sign up. 
    With that said, I think activity breeds activity, so I'm going to stay as active as possible until whenever I graduate from TTGP.  <3
  • agreed on all points, @hestia-is-wearie. honestly my sense with TB's platform in general is that it's kind of a ghost town from circa 2010 or so, but with a few corners that are still inhabited. if i were a god in charge of the place, i'd do a radical rethink on a lot of the dead forums/threads and overal structure. like for example it's always been a mystery to me why there is a separate forum for infertility, another for infertility veterans, plus the TTC after 35 forum, and then our little corner of an IF thread here in TTGP, which until recently was waaaay more active than any of those other places (although the infertility forum has for some reason recently had more action, but it is wild west/ruleless action so i'm staying out of it) and has by default served as a kind of home base for a lot of the TTGPers around here who are IF/borderline IF/over 35.
    History
  • @optimistgardener I lurked around TB in the early 2010s too (and recently did some digging about the events that led to the mass exodus of 2014-15...yikes) and it's a total ghost town in comparison now. Do you remember the "Choosing Not to Vaccinate" forum? Fortunately it got fully deleted :|
    More forums probably made sense back when there were more users, but TB has to face the fact that their user base has shrunk and that more forums = more dead zones. I don't think anyone would miss them too much if they were deleted or consolidated.
  • i am both curious and also worried i might fall down a rabbit hole if i look too deeply into the sources for the great exodus.... and yeah, i do kinda remember the choosing not to vax forum. i think that was maybe around the time when i was first lurking? but also there has been a more-or-less constant stream, fortunately dying down now, of newly ku women over in 1st tri freaking out about getting the vax while pregnant or recently before getting pregnant, etc. why do people not just listen to medical advice from people who have spent years training in their field
    History
  • It is interesting how quiet it is. I was briefly in TTGP in 2019, and then I’ve been back for gosh, 20 months?!? Back in 2019 I remember looking at some of the other sites and running for the hills. No thank you!
  • @hestia-is-wearie I'm just being dramatic. 🙃 My only desktop at the moment is my work laptop and because of my job I don't feel super comfortable doing personal stuff on it. 
  • gotta love a good old fashioned pee-stick peggy
    History
  • @bearmomma1 I’m so glad you got him to the hospital, how scary!
  • krb99krb99 member
    edited August 2022
    I know I’m late to the party, but I miss the internet when there were more active forums! I feel like FB, apps, etc have replaced them because advertisers want to make sure to identify you to advertise better and forums allow too much anonymity. Or something else that makes it less profitable. There was still the problem of being major sources of mis/disinformation, but the things that replaced forums are definitely not any better on that front. 🙄 This has been my elderly interneter rant.
  • @krb99 i think you're right on the money there, so to speak.
    History
  • abjm0325abjm0325 member
    edited August 2022
    Moved to current week  :)