Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 08/08

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ballgame. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?: 

GTKY: We may have done some version of this GTKY before, but what is your real life secret super power? What talent/skill/ability do you possess, but which is not adequately appreciated by others around you?
History
I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 08/08

• Options
    @gingermama29 shit, man all i need to do is pray? sorry, i mean no disrespect to the ppl here who are religious but that is in the same realm as telling people not to stress about it and you'll just magically get pregnant. grinds my gears, and as someone who is not religious at all that would super annoy me to be sent that.

Diagnosis (if you've been): uncooperative uterus/RPL, tbd?

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): benched for eternity 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): hysterscopy with goal to remove whatever is in my uterus that should not be on 8/30, i have a pre op visit on 8/25. i'm curious what the recovery will be like and how much longer i'll be benched tbh. i can't believe it's basically been 6 mos. since the 2nd d&c my cycles have shortened a little 25/26 days, so i need to remember to bring that up with the RE.

How are things going?: fine. it's my birthday sunday, i'm turning 35. we already took our big trip as my quasi celebration to myself, so it just kind of feels like another day? *tw MC* my due date from the MMC in Jan was 8/24/22, which has kind of crept up on me without realizing it tbh i'm sure there are some emotions simmering at the surface that i'm just trying to ignore, which i know isn't the best way to deal *end TW*

Any questions?: NATM

GTKY: We may have done some version of this GTKY before, but what is your real life secret super power? What talent/skill/ability do you possess, but which is not adequately appreciated by others around you? oh man, ummm... b/c of my love of music i'm quite good at name that tune type games/trivia... the invention of heardle has been a delight for me. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gingermama29 Even as someone (at least moderately) religious, that comment is offensive. That was very sweet of you to respond kindly. 

@anniemarie887 Sending you happy hugs for your birthday and understanding hugs for your upcoming due date. So glad your procedure is coming up soon so you can move forward!

@kiki047 Keeping everything crossed for you that those symptoms are a good sign! Did you ever read Maniac Magee as a child? Your knotting untying ability definitely reminds me of that book. 
  • Options
    abjm0325abjm0325 member
    edited August 2022
    Diagnosis (if you've been): RPL, age, unknown

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): TI

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 2nd clomid cycle (along with all the other medications and vitamins)

How are things going?: I have had miserable cramping the last 24 hours which lead me to test this morning even though it's early (only 9 DPO). BFN, of course. So now I'm salty that I don't feel well and there's no foreseeable reason for it. Otherwise just already thinking out to next cycle and wondering how long we should try Clomid before consulting the RE about next steps. 

Any questions?: Not today, other than my musings above. 

GTKY: We may have done some version of this GTKY before, but what is your real life secret super power? What talent/skill/ability do you possess, but which is not adequately appreciated by others around you? I have pretty handwriting. Not really useful, but it makes me happy.
  • Options
    @gingermama29 you're a better person than I am to have been able to respond kindly to that message. We brush stuff like that off because they "mean well" but at the end of the day it is still offensive. I'm also not a religious person whatsoever but I've sure done my share of praying anyway. 
    @anniemarie887 I'm so sorry for that impending empty due date and all that comes with it. I hope you're able to celebrate your 35th this weekend on your terms, whatever that looks like. <3 
    @abjm0325 oh man, that's a blast from the past, I had all but forgotten about that book. // I'm so sorry for the BFN, I hope it's just a case of being too early and that the cramping isn't for nothing. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @optimistgardener x-posted when I was doing my tags so I missed yours. I feel you on just being over this whole thing. It's not unfamiliar 'round these parts, and I don't blame you one bit for just wanting to get it over with and move on. I am holding out so much hope for you that you will get that opportunity to switch gears to transfer prep. // Historians, Teachers and Pharmacists must all be really good at reading terrible handwriting. I'm good at deciphering texts with non-sensical autocorrects but chicken scratch is my nemesis. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited August 2022
    @abjm0325 i'm sorry about the BFN, it's not fun when our bodies play tricks on us.
    @kiki047 your will power not to test is admirable, i am crossing every finger and toe over here for you. i'm sorry about the announcement, i know how much of a gut punch that can feel like. 
    @optimistgardener i totally, albeit in a different way, get where you are coming from about participating. for me, it's the bit of the never ending groundhog day feeling. but i am also crossing all of my fingers and toes for an excellent ER for you later this month. eta: so June i used OPKs and lost a day luteal (9 days), this month i only temped bc why waste OPKs when benched, but based on temps it's pointing toward a shorter luteal as well. 

• Options
    sorry at @abjm0325 i missed your post! i used to get terrible cramps during my LP and they always tricked me. at the risk of sounding awfully close to the rhetoric on those *other sites* at 9DPO you're still not out of the game, by a long shot. but you know that. :)
    @anniemarie887 you said it re: groundhog day, that's exactly right.
    @kiki047 i can't make sense of autocorrects at all. i always read the damn thing totally literally and am like, what
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 i'd definitely mention a shorter LP to your RE. I was curious whether you're getting a shorter pre-O phase because that is one of the **joys** of being 35+ is your body getting all like "let's hurry this rodeo up already i wanna get back to the bleeding again ASAP" but a shorter LP is actually something your RE can help you with.
    History
  • Options
    @optimistgardener You have been on a a marathon journey so it is definitely understandable that you're ready to move to the next stage. I hope so much that this ER yields some excellent eggs to close this chapter for you!
  • Options
    @optimistgardener got it, thanks for the insight! i believe taking progesterone will solve this typically? and that was def on the "to do" list from the initial visit with the RE
  • Options
    Welp, looks like I'll be doing 5 mg of letrozole instead of 7.5. my insurance won't cover 7.5 as it's flagged for infertility use, and I don't have infertility coverage. 5 mg doesn't get flagged as such. I did 5 mg last cycle and it did result in 2-3 follicles, and my RE said it should be fine sticking with 5. I think if this cycle is a fail, I'll probably just pay out of pocket for the 7.5 mg, because why the heck not give it all we can before possibly jumping into IVF.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    @bearmomma1 even though it's disappointing to only be able to do the 5mg letrazole it sounds like you respond really well to that dosage. so i wouldn't consider it a substandard option by any stretch.
    As for your Q about my last retrieval cycles, my last 2 cycles were frozen as soon as they fertilized at day 1, so i now have 12 fertilized embryos on ice (8 from the first, 4 from the 2nd). These will be thawed and grown out alongside whatever fertilizes from the third round, and I will then have any blastocysts that result from all three cycles biopsied and sent for testing together. So the aftermath of this third round is gonna be a real nail biter, i tell you what.
    History
  • Options
    @elle-0409 i am not nearly as knowledgeable as the other ladies around here... but if you didn't O until cd24 i'm fairly certain your RE will want to repeat that CD21 bw. the point is to capture roughly 7 days post O progesterone levels to confirm O. 
  • Options
    @kiki047 Sending you so much love today. Big gigantic hugs as you start navigating your next steps. 
  • Options
    @kiki047 sending you the biggest, creepy, internet hug. i'm so sorry, here for you in any way that you need.
  • Options
    @kiki047 I'm so so sorry Kiki. I was hoping so hard for you. I know nothing we can say will make it easier, but just take it 1 day, hour, minute at a time and get extra snuggs from your kitty. Big big hugs friend. 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    Oh, @kiki047 I'm so sorry. Please be gentle with yourself. There are no words that can make this better, but we love you so much and are here if/when you ever need anything. Hugs to you.

@anniemarie887 Oops! I don't think I wrote that well. I went in for the blood test 7 dpo, so CD 31. Thanks for checking! 
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    oh good! then not pointless bloodwork @elle-0409
  • Options
    @elle-0409 I hope your blood work provides you with some good/useful information! The Sandman isn't really my kind of show, but the previews made it look really well done. 
  • Options
    I got my progesterone test back and it's 6.75, which means that I ovulated, but it's still a low number. I'm hoping that my RE will take my concern of LPD seriously and have me supplement with a higher dose once I'm no longer benched.

Anyone have a number similar to this?
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    *lurking*

@elle-0409

I have a similar issue with short luteal phase defect and had a 7dpo progesterone of 7 a few years back. It will not necessarily (as you know) be preventative of getting ku but going on progesterone suppositories at even a vvvf bfp is probably a good idea. I would be happy to talk over pm anytime about my experience specifically related to all this if you would like. 
  • Options
    *lurking*

@elle-0409 I consistently had very low progesterone, similar to your levels, even when supplementing with progesterone. Hopefully your RE will listen. One thing to remember though is that LPD is not a cause of infertility; it's a symptom. I read a good article a while back about what causes LPD. Linking it here. This is something that's frustrated me a lot during our journey so I researched it extensively. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    random but anybody know what happened to mambo??
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 i do not. i was also thinking of our recent new friend @rockstarmomma152 and wondering how she's doing
    History
  • Options
    a question for anyone/lurkers too who have done IVF rounds and have any theories about birth control suppression before a retrieval.
    here's the deal: after my last retrieval i got my CD1 on the 25th of july and inserted my nuvaring a couple of days later. i've now been on BC for 15 days. according to my calendar, i'm supposed to stay on birth control until the day before i go in for my baseline on the 4th of september, for a total of 39 days, which seems like a lot. Looking at my calendar, it seems like i could sneak in a quick withdrawal bleed if i came off the nuvaring this week or thereabouts and then got back on it next week. it'd still have like a good 3 weeks back on the nuvaring before stims started. i've called my clinic to ask the nurse what she thinks about this, but am more than willing to go rogue with this kind of thing at this point. Any thoughts? Is BCP "over-suppression" a thing?
    History
  • Options
    thanks, @kiki047. i think you made the right decision for the beta. traffic sucks and moreso just to confirm sh***y news. i don't really think this needs to be said but you're welcome here as much as you want to be. i've definitely taken time off now and again from posting when it feels like too much, but we're here if and when you want to talk about things as you think through next steps, regardless of what those steps might be.
    History
  • Options
    I was wondering about mambo as well. 

@kiki047 I was thinking about you too for your beta today. definitely good call to not waste your time (and gas!) with traffic. I know the sting of the finality of getting that negative beta result. We’re here giving you so many virtual hugs today.
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options
    *lurking*

@elle-0409. I would take any one progesterone reading with a grain of salt. Blood progesterone is constantly fluctuating, so the same woman in the same cycle could get really different reads from one time of day to another.

*tw lc*

My progesterone was 9 on day 21 of the cycle I naturally conceived my (now 3 year old) daughter. That is somewhat "low" (<10), but my doctor was not concerned because of the fluctuations mentioned above, and she was correct! I did not supplement progesterone or anything during that luteal phase or pregnancy, and it was perfectly fine. 

@optimistgardener. My experience is maybe atypical, but I actually had the best AFC and IVF results after being on birth control (vs. going directly from a natural start or another stim cycle). I did 2 cycles that started with birth control that together yielded 3 normal and 2 mosaic embryos (plus some abnormals), and 4 non-BC cycles that together yielded 1 normal embryo (plus some abnormals). I'm not sure that is causal (low N!) but I also don't see any evidence I was over-suppressed by BC (and remember I was low AMH-- 0.4, so it's not like I had great ovaries to start with). That being said, both stints on BC were short-- 2 or 3 weeks, so I'm not sure it's exactly relevant to your situation. But I would not over-game the system. I am of the belief that stim cycles (esp for those of us with old ovaries) are more like playing roulette than poker. You just get a good crop or you don't...
    TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• Options
    edited August 2022
    thanks for the lurk @bumblebee0210! all my retrievals have been preceded by BC but most commonly they're just 2-3 weeks worth of the stuff. this time around i think they were trying to bridge a particularly long stretch for me. but it just seems like an awfully long time to be on the stuff. but you're right that this is roulette not poker. :)
    editing to add: and man am i looking forward to getting off this ride soon.
    History
  • Options
    anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited August 2022
    @optimistgardener @kiki047 looks like they both went MIA mid July. Hmm. Hope they’re ok. 

Love a knowledgeable lurk from
    @bumblebee0210 (edit bc my comment to you wasn’t posted? So weird!!)

@optimistgardener FWIW my OBGYN took continual BC pills herself for years, we had an amusing chat about hormonal mood swings and she confessed her husband had no idea about the wrath of them for a good decade. 

@kiki047 I think that was a wise choice, have you thought about doing something nice for yourself? A massage? Golfing day?
  • Options
    *lurking*

@optimistgardener you absolutely can get over suppressed leading to not many ovaries responding to stims. I'm curious about why the clinic wanted you on bcp for so long. FWIW, I was always very sensitive to any suppression. Even 8 days on Aygestin over suppressed me. 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    edited August 2022
    thanks @acleverusername. i haven't had a problem with oversuppression in the past, and in fact i've even had my RE comment that in some cases for folks with diminished reserve, BC can (perversely) increase follicular activity, albeit not obviously resulting in mature eggs as long as you're on it. but this is a very long stretch of time, and it am a little worried about it. I think maybe i'll go ahead and do a withdrawal bleed and then get back on it again. it doesn't seem like it would hurt, esp. since i'll still have nearly 3 weeks on it before my cycle starts, anyway.
    History
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Am I okay to ask a question about my HSG in here? I’m not sure if I’m technically able to post here yet, though this month will officially mark one year of trying and we have now started some testing.