March 2023 Moms
Options

Weekly Check In 8/8

2»

Re: Weekly Check In 8/8

• Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 2 / 10w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry (lime tomorrow)

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: NT scan on August 25

How are you feeling?: Fine. More tired and hungry.

Rants/Raves: Raves: I just saw my PAPP-A and free BHCG results - think they're OK. Going on a girls' weekend this weekend (it's a holiday here on Monday) to a place that looks like a mini paradise. Rants: My husband's being crabby and it's annoying.

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? We're finishing up Frasier and watching Portlandia plus a verrrrry random British show from the 80s.
  • Options
    @gravcass I'm sorry your dad wasn't supportive. It's a special kind of disappointing when family can't be happy for us at times likes this.

@bbrahmbhatt for my first two pregnancies, my nausea and aversions were the same. My second pregnancy the nausea started earlier and last longer but otherwise I was just as sick as the first. This pregnancy, I barely feel sick at all. I often forget I'm even pregnant. It's been very odd for me!

@noxacanthus I always feel like critical role campaigns drag on. But I really like the shorter/ guest campaigns. The recent Calamity was amazing 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/14, 9+1

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry! Although if you have the pregnancy+ app and scale the baby to actual size, I swear these fruits and things don't seem accurate at all

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: first prenatal appointment is in a week!

How are you feeling?: I feel exhausted like I'm recovering from an illness, but I haven't been sick. Also sore / pain in the area of my ovarian cyst.

Rants/Raves
    Minor annoyances: went to my follow up appointment at my clinic today after our hospital visit over the weekend. We drove 40 minutes there for them to just take my blood pressure and tell me to continue pelvic rest. I'm not sure why they didn't just move up my prenatal appointment? Since DH took off work to be at the appointment today, he won't be able to be there for our first ultrasound.

Also, my MIL knows that I'm supposed to be resting and still keeps sending random window companies to my house while I'm home alone with the kids, without telling me ahead of time. [Backstory: We rent a house from her that she initially bought for my BIL, but he packed up and left in the middle of the day and abandoned it. So we moved in to take over the cost since she can't afford the mortgage by herself.] 2 of the windows on the house have frames that have clearly rotted away. But I really don't know why the window measuring / shopping can't wait a week or two. DH has to take out a loan to cover the cost anyway since she wants ALL the windows replaced at once.

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? 
    I just finished season 1 of Why Women Kill on Paramount+. I loved it! I started watching season 2 with DH but I'm not sure how I like it so far.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I already did my check in but don't want to clog the boards... Today I'm getting my NIPT blood draw (11w3d) and even though I know I won't hear anything for maybe even up to a couple of weeks, my nerves are crazy today! 

I also am finding that the waiting in between being able to see baby on a US screen is a nerve-wracking! We saw babe at 9w0d and aren't scheduled for another until our anatomy scan. Anyone else finding the waiting to be a lot?
  • Options
    @novamama2023 I wear mine to the classroom and not an office 🤣 but I love Pink Blush Maternity online! 
  • Options
    @youcanhavemanhattan I'm doing the same. I had my US at 8w3d and was measuring 7w5 days, I'm also getting the NIPT so I won't be seeing baby on US until 20 weeks. It's a long wait! I'm also sad I won't get that little baby US picture. The 8w is a blob, and 20 w is a head lol.  
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 yes! Exact same scenario. I got tempted to order a doppler for later on... But I also know if I can't find the heartbeat myself that would just be another bunch of nerves!
  • Options
    @youcanhavemanhattan is doing an elective ultrasound at a boutique place in the cards for you? They usually run between $50-$100 for an earlier one. The wait can definitely be nerve-wracking for sure. 

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @youcanhavemanhattan same boat! I graduated from fertility clinic at 8.5 with ultrasound and won’t have one until 12.5 weeks at the end of this month for my first with the midwives!  I’m gonna go the boutique route just for piece of mind next Friday I think as a little midway point. I am anxious as all get out and am spoiled from all the early ultrasounds. 
  • Options
    @nopegoat I'm considering it! They are a bit pricier in Vancouver area (and possibly less available) but I may end up going for it to ease some nerves!
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/15 - 9w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Coat button

Team blue/pink/green: Still hoping for pink. Will love my baby no matter what,  though.

Upcoming Appointments: Next scan is August 23rd.

How are you feeling?: So freaking tired. I’m also so congested sleeping at night is very difficult. My partner is getting so annoyed with my constant sneezing and sniffling. I don’t know what to do. I’m using nose strips, but everything else seems unsafe. I usually use Flonase when I’m like this, but that’s a big no-no while pregnant. I hope it clears up soon. 

Rants/Raves: Everyone is on vacation this week, so I’ve had to work extra and it’s just not fair. I’m so exhausted. I’m literally about to go in for day six and I’ve had to work 10+ hour days since Monday. Today I’m just going in for three hours because I told the other instructors I need to rest. 

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? 
    I’m not really a binger, but I am watching the new season of WestWorld and I’m slowly making my way through Downton Abbey. I’m on season three. I’m really more of a movie girl. In 2021 I watched 394 films! This year I’m at 233. I’ve been reading a lot too. The only good thing about commuting in NYC is having extra time to read. 
  • Options
    @lightintothevoid Flonase isn’t necessarily restricted while pregnant. If you are miserable I would check with your OB. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022