TTC History
Me: 38 DH: 52
Started trying June 2018
BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
TTC October 2021
BFP January 2022
MMC March 2022
Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

Re: Weekly Randoms w/0 7/25

• We just had a bad thunderstorm with hail and it ruined my garden!! Pumpkins are done for, same with the cucumbers and basil. The tomatoes and zucchini might make a come back but I’m super sad!
  • @iiirene Oh nooo! Sorry to hear about your pumpkins. I’m having a helluva time trying to get my zucchini’s to produce.

Question for all the cat owners here: I’ve only had 1 cat during my adult life, and only dealt with 1 litter box. If we were to adopt 2 kittens, do we really need 2 litter boxes? We don’t have a laundry room in this house, which is where I’ve kept our litter box before, and were planning on keeping it in our bedroom closet. But now that I’m reading we’d need 2 boxes for 2 kitties, I’m starting to worry we don’t have enough room in our closet. Any advice?
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Loading the player...
  • @iiirene Oh no! :s That's even crazier you got hail in late July!

@bearmomma1 My MIL's two cats were adopted as kittens and they share a litter box. Do you know what your kittens' litter box situation is now? It might be easiest to copy whatever they're currently doing, but they're still little and can adapt.
  • We have two cats and two litter boxes. One in the spare room and one is in our sons play room. There is definitely one that is their primary box and the other is used less. We have them one two different levels of our house
  • gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited July 2022
    @bearmomma1 yes you need to get two litter boxes. Cats are very territorial and sometimes need their own spaces from each other. The general rule is to have as many litter boxes as you have cats.

Editing because I misread your post as that you already have a cat and were adopting  another.
  • @bearmomma1 when I was living in my 2br condo I only ever had 1 litter box for 2 cats and they were mostly fine with it, although full disclosure one of them has had litter box issues her whole life but it is in no way correlated to the # of boxes available to her, she's just a brat. When we moved into our house it was much bigger so we had one on each floor but they pretty much picked a favourite and used that one almost exclusively. So it might just be something you'll figure out as they grow. 
    Also, YAY kittens! I'm 100% a cat person too and longingly miss my sweet tabby. I'd love to get another one but our remaining girl isn't so social with other animals so I think she rather likes being the centre of attention for now.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• super late to the game here but my squash all finally have female blooms forming (we had a really really late spring in oregon) and just this morning i made sure that one which already opened this morning got fertilized. i'm officially my winter squash plants' RE, lol. now i just gotta nurse everyone through this 105 degree heat.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Thanks all!! I think we might start with 1 box and move to 2 if needed. I kinda want to invest in one of those self cleaning ones. 
    I adopted a cat when I first moved out of my parents house and had her for 12 years until she passed in 2019. I'm so excited to have kitties again!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Where is everyone? It’s a ghost town around here.

• I'm here! Slogging through a mundane work assignment where I have to audit over 4,000 items. I'm easily distracted this week  :|

I wonder if people aren't posting on the randoms thread because this one is from last week. I hope the newbies who joined last week start participating!
  • I’m here, too! And finally back after a month away lol I’ve been lurking for a couple days though and noticed it’s been a little quiet.
  • I'm here! Nothing much to add. We had a great little vacay weekend up in Daytona, which was much needed. I really love being at the beach and eating my weight in shrimp.

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Ladies I’m so sorry I’ve been MIA… moving in with my in laws this weekend until our house is done, trying to get my classroom set up, practice every night, and finished my summer college courses this afternoon… I’ll be back soon! Give me a week or 2! 
  • just popping in my head to say i'm sorry for being MIA of late! i've had family in town and a deadline at my heels. i'll try to be more present starting this coming week!
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • nicmkwnicmkw member
    edited August 2022
    @hestia-is-wearie - I was at my drill weekend, thus the radio silence...  :# But I'm back now! I have now gotten introducted to everyone I'll work with in the MPs (military police), got to see three retirement ceremonies this weekend (two outside in 90+ degree weather), and drove home in a jeep whose radiator was MAD about it. (No more long trips for the Jeep.) I also got to thank the outgoing awesome JAG officer for retiring since it allowed me to specifically come into the unit, which is chasing a 10 year dream for me. (Her retirement speech was talking about doing just that, so it was a special moment to able to say that. It also sounded like it had been a surprising move for her for the other JAGs since she's such a critical person, so it was nice to let her know it was a good decision not only for her, but others. This lady was the powerhouse behind getting our state funds through the CARE act for Covid and utilizing it all over the state. She would have been a dream mentor for me, since I am also a Contracts person.)

@bearmomma1 - We have two large kitties (13+ lbs) and definitely need two. Not just because of territory, but because their business is BIG. Also they love to drink water, so... Yeah. Changing that. Our vet says that you should have one box per cat and an extra if you can manage it. (When the Alaskan Mamute that lives downstairs at the moment leaves with my bestie to go back on the road, the kitties will have free reign again and  have three.) RIght now it's only the brave one who goes downstairs that gets the other one.  

As for actual fun things, I have three weeks to get the edits for my novel finished and back to my publisher (AHH!) and we watched the first episode of Sandman which was deliciously, visually brilliant. My bestie is in love. (I'm a die hard Wheel of Time person, so this was for her what WoT was for me when it aired on Amazon Prime.)