2nd Trimester

Nausea & Unisom

I am currently 14 weeks and have been taking unisom with my prenatal at night to help with nausea and vomiting during the first tri. Last night I tried not taking unisom and ended up throwing up 3 times until I was able to keep down half a tablet this afternoon. My dr has okayed my taking unisom, and everything I’ve read online about it has been okay. I’m just a little paranoid cause this is my first pregnancy and I’m wondering if the unisom makes my prenatal less effective and if there’s something wrong with the fact that I’m still this sick in the second tri. Thoughts anyone? Thank you!

Re: Nausea & Unisom

• I am in the exact same boat at 17 weeks... I keep thinking that I can stop taking the Unisom but any night that I skip it I wake up the next day vomiting and super sick for the whole day.
  • I was very sick my whole first and second trimester.  I was on prescription anti-nausea medication and unisom for my whole pregnancy.  Unfortunately there isn't a magic switch that turns the nausea off once you hit second trimester!  Hopefully you feel better soon.  You can always ask your doctor about it and see if they have any advice.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm at 25 weeks and still taking unisom and b6 every night. I try to go a day without taking it (once a month) to see if I still need it and like you guys mentioned, I'm on the verge of throwing up all day. I used prescription but decided unisom was working well enough and less intense than prescription. I take it at night and by the following evening I definitely get more nauseous as the evening professes but it's plenty enough to get me through my workday. Don't feel guilty mamas, you are doing the best you can to function and keep babe healthy and unisom is supposed to be super mild and safe. That brings me comfort. Hang in there we got this ❤️