February 2023 Moms
Options

Old Ladies Having Babies Weekly Check In (Week of 6/20)

2»

Re: Old Ladies Having Babies Weekly Check In (Week of 6/20)

• Options
    @kls33145 and @runningyogimama just seeing your thyroid comments! I was diagnosed as hyperthyroid literally 2 weeks before I got this BFP. My endo had just told us to stop trying 🤦🏻‍♀️ Too late! I’m nervous but they are checking my levels every 2 weeks right now so we’re doing all we can. I was already on the pregnancy safe meds so that’s good news. 
  • Options
    @runningyogimama the bloating and inability to suck in is crazy so early on. I think DH thinks I'm trying to milk this time, but even when I try, this bloating still makes me look and feel huge!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cpk3535cpk3535 member
    edited June 2022
    @Puddlewonderful @runningyogimama @TInman87 Totally in your boat! Also, I think everybody is going to think we’re crazy having another baby now, and I really never thought I’d have three kids, but this is our life and our decision, so there!!

I’ve also been feeling way more pregnant early on this time- I only at about 6W4D. Nightly, I look a bit bloated pregnant, and I feel tired and sick a LOT. My older daughter (11yo) gets it since I was only pregnant a couple of years ago with our toddler. Nobody else besides my husband’s brother and an old work friend knows we’re pregnant so far, but I think we’re going to have to share with my parents pretty soon. We have to visit them next week and unless they’re completely oblivious, I think they’ll start to pick up, lol.
  • Options
    Age of you and your partner:
    Looks like I’m the Queen here! I’m 42 and my partner will be 53. We’re used to being old because our first is 2.5 now. 
    Due date: Feb 23

We’re in the SF Bay Area, so older parents are common. Honestly I think I’m in better shape now than I was in my 20s, so I’m feeling pretty good. 

My symptoms did start earlier than with my previous pregnancy, so I’m nervous that this time around will be harder on my physically. It took me almost two years to feel fully recovered from my first pregnancy. 
  • Options
    I swear I look 9 months and I’m only 7 weeks!
  • Options
    I’m 36 and he’s 32. Due February 11th. I haven’t had any comments yet because I’ve only told some close family so far. 7 weeks today. I swear the bloat has me looking like I’m 9 months. 
  • Options
    6.5 with twins and I have extreme evening belly. Thinking it’s going to pop in another 2-3 weeks. Send help! Going to be enormous by 6 months. 
  • Options
    samd6samd6 member
    @runningyogimama @kls33145 I have hypothyroidism and did through my previous 2 pregnancies, as long as you have your blood monitored regularly and your OB is confident in hypothyroid med management all will be well ❤️ My regular OB is a bit of a nerd so she has dug in deep on all my weird stuff so that I haven’t had to go to MFM except one time during my first pregnancy. I had a bad experience and the doc there said I was “flippant” about my condition 😂 fun fun stuff when you are pregnant and already emotional lol 
  • Options
    Even with my first, I was showing before the end of the first trimester - I’m super short, though, and also have a short-torso. And then I’ve shown/needed maternity pants earlier and earlier each pregnancy (I think the last was by 8 weeks…). “Luckily” (?), I’ve gained some weight the last couple of years thanks to some hormonal imbalances (that I should really write a note to my super awesome PCP for digging into and correcting over the last year since I was able to now get pregnant on my first try), so although I am definitely bloated, I’m not tiny like I used to be, so it’s probably less noticeable to others? I’m guessing my MIL probably suspects, just since we see the ILs most often, but she would absolutely never say anything. I’m also living the WFH, never wear anything but black leggings life, so I don’t have to change out jeans or dress pants immediately like I did with previous pregnancies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @runningyogimama Same here. Now working from home and dressing in joggers everyday makes it at like little easier to hide for a while longer. I also haven’t toned up like I was before last pregnancy, so while my weight looks good, I’m definitely more squish than muscle like last time. I think that helps make my bloat look more naturally me 😂 
  • Options
    Age of you and your partner: I'm 36 will be 37 by the time baby come and SO just turned 39.
    (Not DH but might as well be. Everything but the paperwork)

Due date: as of right now 2/28

Has anyone said anything particularly funny (potentially offensive) since finding out you're pregnant at this "advanced age"? 

I have yet to tell most people because the very first time we got pregnant we miscarried. Then we had our daughter who is 4.5years old and have been unable to get pregnant since. I'm really hoping all is well on that first scan. Before I really start announcing.

Any questions for the group? When I had my first I was not geriatric. Do they typically push you to induce early? I have my first at 41 weeks the day I was supposed to be induced... My OB set up an induction because my water was getting low. I'm sure I will probably go late as I feel it was a miracle I had her at 41 weeks I was laying wood flooring at 40 weeks. 

I'm feeling different this time around the first time I was soo sick. Only thing that hurts is my boobs and my belly feels like it stretching. 
  • Options
    @ridedatide I don't know about induction but I would just say "no". It kind of seems induction gets pushed a lot in general. I usually go early and have never been induced myself. But I'm leaning toward sticking to home births to be safe from any extra intervention pushing. It's really going to be a tough decision for me this time around and part of me just wants to have a c section so I can avoid the PTSD panic attack I've had in my last couple labors. I also considered going to the hospital just for laughing gas because it does wonders for me at the dentist. Sorry...I'm going off on bunny trails. Things are really starting to feel real since I feel awful today. 
  • Options
    @seeds_of_joy Laughing gas I wish. The hospital here won't do that. Hell I tried to labor in the shower and they told me no. This time if I'm at the same hospital I'm bringing a chair in there. The other hospital is 1 hour away and that's where I really want to give birth. The have tubs you can labor in. My insurance does not allow midwives so im stuck at the hospital unless I have the baby on my own and I don't think I really want to do that. I think I'll be saying no a lot more this time around. 
  • Options
    @ridedatide if you don't give birth super quick, you should totally go to "the other hospital". Sounds totally worth the trip. Our insurance didn't cover our first homebirth so we had to pay but thankfully our midwife had an option for people with less income. After realizing home birth was the better route for me, we got rid of insurance and now are part of a medical sharing program. Births get completely reimbursed!! I also get to choose where to go but unfortunately I'm not thrilled about hospitals near by. One of them does have birthing pools and laughing gas I hear. But my family doctor is leaving and unfortunately last time I went there, the financial department screwed a bill up and I don't feel like dealing with more of that while I'm still waiting for them to give me my receipt so I can get reimbursed. There's pros and cons to hospitals! Decisions... decisions...
  • Options
    I am 35 (will be 36 in Dec) Hubby will be 39 next month.

Due date: not confirmed yet, But Feb 18-ish. First appointment is 7/7. 

Has anyone said anything particularly funny (potentially offensive) since finding out you're pregnant at this "advanced age"? No one knows yet, just Hubby and I. Going to tell families after first appointment.

People have been asking me for YEARS when was I going to give my daughter a sibling (she will be 7 in August). So I think overall, I am hoping for a positive reception. Close work friends know we have been trying for years, so this was a wonderful, no too surprising, surprise. (Surprise in that is happened naturally). 
  • Options
    @seeds_of_joy I dont give birth fast or atleast the last one was not fast. Thinkful for decisions. Sounds like you have done a great job navigating what works best for you. Now to tell SO again that I do not want to give birth close... 
  • Options
    @ridedatide hopefully your SO will understand that it matters a lot that you feel comfortable with the place you give birth at. An hour really isn't too bad if you're prepared. It doesn't automatically mean you'll deliver in a vehicle 😜 I can only hope my labor would be that fast instead of an entire day and then some. I'm really going back and forth with the hospital/home thing. Now I'm leaning toward the hospital. Good thing it's early. 
  • Options
    @seeds_of_joy I'm sure you will figure out what is best for you. And either way you do have time on your side at this point. 
  • Options
    Age of you and your partner: 40 (me), 39 (him)

Due date: 02/14

Has anyone said anything particularly funny (potentially offensive) since finding out you're pregnant at this "advanced age"? I've only told my mom since I wanted advice. 

Any questions for the group? I don't know if I'll be the lone wolf with these thoughts but I'm not 100% sure I can do this. I have kids that are 21, 20, 18 and 11 (12 when this baby comes). I thought I was FINALLY going to be home free and able to live a life for me once I hit my mid forties and fifties. This has thrown me for a loop! My partner and I had a whoops and I took plan B within 2 hours of finding out! 3 weeks later I realized my period was late and when those two lines appeared I broke down. Am I the only one mourning the life I thought I was finally going to have? Having a baby when my kids could be having babies just isn't what I thought was in the cards for me. 
  • Options
    @monew82 I am struggling a bit too. As much as it's a joy to be able to experience a baby and all the things one more time, I'm really burnt out. I had 5 babies back to back from age 29 to 36 and I'm now finally diaper free and haven't had anyone hanging off my boob in over a year. My children are younger so it only gives me an extra 5 years of chasing around. But I know this is what I'm built to do. As you probably learned with your youngest, it's a lot easier to have 1 baby than 3! And hopefully you will have helpers. Your hesitation sounds pretty serious though, considering you took the morning after pill. If it's mostly the freedom you're seeking, there's always adoption. There just isn't an easy road but there's a right road and the fact that the pill didn't work narrows it down. Praying for wisdom and peace for you.
  • Options
    @monew82 I completely feel you! My youngest is 3 and I was finally getting my body back, a full night's sleep, and was ready to spend more time on myself and doing things that I enjoy. I know it sounds a bit selfish and I love my kids, I am just thinking back on how much work is involved with pregnancy and babies and am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. 

I have no big solution to offer, just wanted you to know you're not the only one feeling WTF right now. And I can't imagine the shock you felt when you got a positive result! That actually happened to a close friend of mine a few years ago too.

Take care of yourself and it's ok to feel however you do! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I appreciate that, thank you! My hesitation to parent isn't from a lack of love; I know I would love it, but from the fact that I have been adamant from the time my youngest was born that she would be my last. My SO always joked "I'd have one more but she won't let me" yet when this happened he wasn't, and still isn't really, on board. He says he'll support whatever my choice is but that isn't comforting. I guess I'm still somewhat in shock. I hope I'll find peace in whatever my eventual decision is, I just feel a little lost at the moment. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    hello ladies!! I am 43…will be a couple weeks shy of 44 when baby is due. I have a 22 year old son who will be 23 when baby arrives. I was told 10 years ago I probably wouldn’t be able to carry to term, let alone get pregnant again, and I didn’t for 10 years, then SURPRISE. I’m trying to keep my stress levels down, take it day by day. They’ve had me going in every 2 days to have my hcg levels tested and I have my first us on July 20th which is when I will be around the 8 week mark. Little scared out of my mind to be doing this again…alone, again. I will say, every new person that takes my blood gets excited when they notice my age and give me huge congratulations. I haven’t been able to get excited about it yet. 
  • Options
    rosycheeks7rosycheeks7 member
    edited July 2022
    Hello!
     I’m of the ‘advanced maternal age’ of 36 (might be 37 when I deliver as my birthday and due date are within days of each other!) My SO is 26… I know, I know…. 

I suffer from endometriosis and didn’t think I could get pregnant and was prepared to be Auntie forever but here we are! We haven’t told many people we’re expecting just yet but I like to joke about being old and SO always rolls his eyes and tells me to stop.

My first appointment is July 12th but I estimated my due date is somewhere around February 12th.

My morning sickness as been tremendously uncomfortable and I drove myself to the ER Monday where they gave me fluids to recover. I throw up brushing my teeth… every 👏🏼 single 👏🏼 time 👏🏼  Any tips?
  • Options
    @rosycheeks7 Are you getting enough protein? I usually feel better if I eat some protein. If the mint in toothpaste bothers you, maybe consider getting a silver infused toothbrush and going without toothpaste. Norwex makes them but I've gotten one way cheaper with "floss bristles" called Dr. Plotkas. You can get them on Amazon. (My favorite Manuel toothbrush). That's my only suggestion. Hopefully the morning sickness will ease up soon!!
  • Options
    I just looked at my chart online, and noticed I’m officially classified as “elderly multigravada” on my chart since I’m 35.💀 👵🏻 😅 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker