edited June 2022 in January 2023 Moms

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What is the the strangest piece of pregnancy/ parenting advice you’ve gotten so far? 

Re: Weekly check in 6/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 9 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Team blue/pink/green: finding out in two weeks!

Upcoming Appointments: NIPT this Friday

How are you feeling?: super nauseous and tired. Hoping to feel more like myself soon

Rants/Raves: my midwife and my dr aren’t seeing eye to eye. Because I’m doing an NIPT my midwife doesn’t want me also doing an EFTS but my dr says they are complementary tests not one or the other so he sent me the requisition form. I also had to pay for the NIPT out of pocket but luckily I have some money in my health spending account. 

Questions:

GTKY: What is the the strangest piece of pregnancy/ parenting advice you’ve gotten so far? We haven’t really told anyone yet so happy to have gotten this far without unwanted advice :) 

• Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 10w6d, Jan 10

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry

Team blue/pink/green: We don't know yet0

Upcoming Appointments: Next OB appt Jun 28 and first MFM on Jun 30

How are you feeling?: Mostly just tired all the time.  I have been trying to keep up with working out, but instead of the 5 days a week I was doing it's more like 2-3 days I get in and that's a struggle.

Rants/Raves: I am just ready for my next appt because I'm just so anxious about that one.

Questions: None right now

GTKY: What is the the strangest piece of pregnancy/ parenting advice you’ve gotten so far?  Hmmm I don't think I have actually gotten much strange advice thankfully.  

• Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/31, 7w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): computer keyboard key

Team blue/pink/green: tbd

Upcoming Appointments: 6/30

How are you feeling?: perpetually nauseous 

Rants/Raves: Monday again? But it was a good weekend.

Questions: For those with other kids, when did/will you tell them?

GTKY: What is the the strangest piece of pregnancy/ parenting advice you’ve gotten so far? Thankfully our families are wise enough to keep their advice to themselves and understand that parenting guidance has evolved. 
  • Options
    @footdrbritt it’s so annoying when you get parenting advice that CLEARLY doesn’t align with your parenting style lmao we also got the advice from my in laws that we should “scream back at the baby” if they are “screaming for no reason” lol 

@sparklingdiamond good on you for getting the exercise you are! I have been doing nadda but now that I’m starting to feel better planning on getting back into my yoga on my lunches again!

@stargazer08 that’s seriously so off putting there are so many GOOD and reasonable reasons people have kids later in life now 
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe just WOW to your GTKY answer. And a little scary that somebody who works in a medical setting would share those opinions.

@sparklingdiamond sorry you're feeling anxious, and sending hugs. The first trimester anxiety is so bad. 

@willrunforcookies we are telling our 5yo and 1yo at the end of the first tri (or at 12wks which is our next US) assuming all looks good. My 5yo would not be able to keep the secret so that's our main consideration. 

@stargazer38 I was closer to the end of the month with my last kiddo and always felt behind too 😆. Don't worry, you belong here!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 10+2, 1/14

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate truffle 

Team blue/pink/green: tbd

Upcoming Appointments: July 7th, NT US!

How are you feeling?: Good. Compared to you ladies I feel like I have nothing to complain about except a short 5pm bout of nausea that goes away when I eat something. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: my kids were impossible this morning. Not my finest moment, but DD was having a tantrum about getting dressed and told me I was going to be sent to jail, so I blurted out that jail sounded like a really nice break. 🙄 Usually I keep my cool better than that. 

Questions: I'll come back if I remember one. 

GTKY: What is the the strangest piece of pregnancy/ parenting advice you’ve gotten so far? 

During my first pregnancy I got a super unwelcome comment when I was really uncomfortable during my third tri. My coworker said "oh pregnancy is the easy part". Well of course she turned out to be right but it was not a truth I wanted to hear!

• Options
    @tryingktogku do you live outside the US? Glad your symptoms are going away too!

@footdrbritt I got my husband in for his vasectomy about 2 months after our 2nd kiddo was born. He had it done on a Wednesday, and the country shut down for Covid 2 days later. Talk about good timing! Also yikes about biting your son 😬

@sparklingdiamond good on you getting some exercise! 

@willrunforcookies my oldest was 3 when I become pregnant with his brother. He was the first to know ☺️ I had him wear a big brother shirt to tell my husband. Since this current pregnancy is a surrogacy, and he is 6, he knew exactly what I’m doing with IVF (he understands uterus, embryo, vagina, vaginal delivery, c-section, etc). My last transfer ended in a blighted ovum, so he knew I was pregnant, but that the embryo didn’t grow into a baby, so my uterus was going to get rid of everything and we would try again. 

@jennifer_louise yah she was an odd person, luckily not like a doctor or nurse, so not someone qualified to give medical advice. Don’t worry about your little moment with your daughter, she probably didn’t even realize what you meant and won’t remember.
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe Canada! 

@cbhclark I told everyone close early on and in my mind I’d rather have their support if I miscarried VS dealing with it alone/ having to pretend I’m ok when I know I wouldn’t be so I just think if something happens I just have lots of support around me! Also I’m pretty sure after 9weeks the rate is m/c is actually very low!
  • Options
    littlekcklittlekck member
    edited June 2022

EDD / Weeks + Days: 10 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: second ultrasound in a couple weeks

How are you feeling?: tired. Nauseous one day, crappy the next, then fine another 🤷‍♀️

Rants/Raves: nothing fits! I don't quite look pregnant yet, just chunky ugh. Brighside feeling good today! 

Questions: NIPT or routine genetic testing? In canada so I have to pay out of pocket. Weighing on my mind heavily 

GTKY: What is the the strangest piece of pregnancy/ parenting advice you’ve gotten so far? Nothing comes to mind 

• Options
    @tryingktogku I figured so, based on how you wrote your EDD 😉 It honestly makes more sense to write it that way, but my American brain is still like 🧐
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: Jan. 18 / 9wk5

Baby is the size of a(n): Tater tot 😋

Team blue/pink/green: Green for now

Upcoming Appointments: 6/30 for US and labs that we didn’t do last week, since the doc adjusted my EDD

How are you feeling?: I feel like I’m in Groundhog Day repeating week 9 since my due date changed, which has me down emotionally. Physically I feel normal, just exhausted. 

Rants/Raves: My boss told me in May I could work remotely all summer, and changed her mind so now I’m in on random days of her choosing. I hate it and am actively seeking another position that’s fully remote, consistently. I’m a planner and being subject to someone’s scheduling whims (professionally, at least; I already know I’ll be taking orders from Baby in January and that is totally ok) drives me up a damn wall, especially when my commute is almost an hour through some pretty rough mountain passes.

Questions: Anyone else having the sudden urge to keep their pregnancy news and progress off of social media? The idea of sharing this with people I don’t necessarily know well and talk to IRL is making me b*tchy lately. I know it’s a personal choice but for me the right thing feels very much like, “F those people, I don’t want their feedback.”

GTKY: What is the the strangest piece of pregnancy/ parenting advice you’ve gotten so far? Not wanting this type of advice is the big reason why I don’t want to do the whole Facebook/Instagram pregnancy updates thing. I’ve avoided that noise so far and now I have zero patience to gracefully deflect other people’s bull. My inner New Englander is feeling extremely loud and defensive this week, apparently (Bump community excluded)

• Options
    @jesofthenorth hey you changed your sn! How north? Haha! Did you tell your boss that you would be looking for other employment if she didn’t let you stay remote? My friend just switched jobs for the same reason. As far as social media, with my first we fought through some infertility and a loss, so when I finally got my keeper, I wanted to scream from the rooftop! With this current pregnancy, I did just announce it on fb, including that it’s a surrogacy. I didn’t want someone to randomly see me pregnant, and then never again with a baby. The only other time I will mention it on social media again is to announce (sans photo) that baby is here and we are both healthy.
  • Options
    littlekck said:

EDD / Weeks + Days: 10 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry

Upcoming Appointments: second ultrasound in a couple weeks

How are you feeling?: tired. Nauseous one day, crappy the next, then fine another 🤷‍♀️

Rants/Raves: nothing fits! I don't quite look pregnant yet, just chunky ugh. Brighside feeling good today! 

Questions: NIPT or routine genetic testing? In canada so I have to pay out of pocket. Weighing on my mind heavily 

GTKY: What is the the strangest piece of pregnancy/ parenting advice you’ve gotten so far? Nothing comes to mind 

Do you have a personal spending account or health spending account at work? That’s how I’m covering my NIPT! 
  • Options
    @jesofthenorth I didn't post until almost 7 months the first time that I was expecting, and only because H wanted friends we don't see often to at least know, I could have done without. Probably will do the same this time because if I'm not close enough to tell you about it irl or in another manner, I don't feel like you have to know.
  • Options
    I have health benefits through work but I'm not sure that it will be covered.
  • Options
    @tryingktogku nothing surprises me with that woman she has always been a piece of work 😒

@jennifer_louise last time I was at the beginning of the month, but I think when I have my ultrasound I'll feel a little more relaxed.
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe I know I really have to think before I create any threads with dates to change it the American way hahahaa 
    @jesofthenorth I Just started a work from home position in May and it is WONDERFUL. I don’t ever want to go back to working out of my home lmao I find I am so productive both with work AND my at home stuff on breaks it’s glorious. I loath “IN” days where we have to go in office lol 
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 01/20/22 9w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry

Upcoming Appointments: appt with my NP this Friday. Completed all bloodwork today.

How are you feeling?: Exhausted and hungry all the time. I miss coffee desperately but this baby does not want me to have any at all. Still having anxiety after a previous loss. I still find myself wanting to test.

Rants/Raves: Rant- I’m tired of working already. Being a nurse while pregnant sucks so much. Rave- was able to hear babies HR on our fetal Doppler a few days ago. But now I want to check daily to make sure there’s still a heart beat. Anxiety is terrible.

Questions: Anyone in Ontario, Canada who’s had the NIPT done and actually found out the sex of baby? 

GTKY: What is the the strangest piece of pregnancy/ parenting advice you’ve gotten so far? Thankfully I haven’t had to go through this lol I’m sure that my clients will have some interesting advice though once they find out I’m expecting.

• Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 01/17/23, 09 weeks 06 days

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Team blue/pink/green: Trying to convince my husband to at least let me find out a head of time.  He’s determined that we should wait and be surprised together.

Upcoming Appointments: I was supposed to have an ultrasound appointment today but they called and canceled when I was on my way.  It’s been rescheduled for Wednesday.

How are you feeling?: Super anxious.  I’m probably going to talk to my OB about whether or not I can take anything to help with my anxiety because this last 2 weeks have been hell.  

Rants/Raves: I know this is stupid, but I’m a little upset that my appointment got moved.  It’s only two days and shouldn’t be a big deal but my anxiety about this pregnancy has been so bad I just really need to know if everything is ok.  I can’t even sleep at night.

GTKY: What is the the strangest piece of pregnancy/ parenting advice you’ve gotten so far? So my mom swears that you can control the sex of the baby through the way you have sex while trying to conceive.  According to her if the women is on top and she orgasms, it will be a boy and if the women in on the bottom and she doesn’t orgasm that it will be a girl.  She swears she knows it works because it worked for her.  Anyways, when I told her my son was going to be a boy she got super mad at me, because she wanted a granddaughter and clearly I was intentionally disregarding her wishes.  When she found out we were trying for a second she again reiterated the exact ways we were allowed to have sex because she “needs” us to have a girl *eyeroll*

• Options
    @jesofthenorth when I was pregnant with my son, I didn’t post anything on social media announcing the pregnancy and didn’t get around to announcing his birth until he was a few weeks old. I’m generally not big on using social media and there are just so many random people like old coworkers and old school friends from forever ago on my Facebook.  I just preferred to keep the news amount the friends I actually communicate with regularly.  I’ll probably do the same thing this time too.
  • Options
    @jenpomber I’m going for my NIPT on Friday and will be finding out the sex. Will keep you posted! 
  • Options
    @jenpomber fellow Ontario Canadian nurse 👋 I opted out of NIPT because well you have to pay lol however I did buy a “sneak peek” early gender prediction kit 
  • Options
    jenpomberjenpomber member
    edited June 2022
    @tryingktogku Dang! Do you know how much it cost?
  • Options
    @jenpomber 500 in ontario 
  • Options
    @jenpomber if you’re just doing it for gender I mean it’s a pricey gender reveal at $500 when you can know in 7 more weeks via ultrasound lol but if you do the OHIP covered genetic screening and something comes back  abnormal on that THEN OHIP covers NIPT and panorama I believe 
  • Options
    @tryingktogku holy cannoli. Think I’ll pass then! Lol
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: Jan 22nd, 9w 2d

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry!

Team blue/pink/green: we're going for a girl but have convinced ourselves it's a boy. :)

Upcoming Appointments: this Thursday 23rd

How are you feeling?: God I feel so guilty about how I feel. I wake up and lay in bed each morning and have a life crisis. Do I really want another baby? Will I regret it when I find out I can't juggle 2 kids? What if it affects my relationship with my fiance? What if I have a mental breakdown and can't be there for my family? I already feel like I have no sense of self and just go through the motions with one child. Who am I even? Am I happy? It's awful. 

Rants/Raves: My fiance just started a new job since I'm pregnant. He feels like others will judge him if he stays at home. Now he's gone at 5a and but home until 6p at which point he is just exhausted and isn't present. I want to be supportive but I'm having a mental crisis and just need him here to listen. Just feeling overwhelmed. 

Questions: should I even be doing this? Lol

GTKY: Just announced on Sunday so nothing weird yet thankfully. :)

• Options
    nenacastellonnenacastellon member
    edited June 2022
    beccaneu LOL! your mom advice is far from the truth at least with my first one!  

Have you asked her what if you are on top and don’t orgasm? or at the bottom and have an orgasm?
  • Options
    @anxiousmommy32 I personally have a history of depression and gad, and having a therapist that specializes in pre- through postpartum has been very helpful to ease fears and worries. And totally hear you on the partner! Mine works at night, and summer is the busy season. It’s hard when we know that they’re doing their best but they’re human and tired, too. Hang in there and hopefully his load lessens too. 
  • Options
    Thank you for the reply @cbhclark. I'm sure it will get easier as time goes on and reality settles in! I hope you're able to keep some peace of mind through your pregnancy too. 
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/3/23 12 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: 6/30 NY scan

How are you feeling?: Feeling good. Symptoms are getting better and I’m noticing more energy. I think I’m developing melasma on my jawline so that’s fun. 🥲

Rants/Raves: We traveled this past weekend and I wasn’t sure how I’d handle the heat and the adventuring. Our trips typically consist of a lot of walking, eating, and drinking. I skipped the drinking of course but handled the eating and the walking really well! I was definitely grateful for aisle seat on our flights because I got up to pee three times on the 3-hour flights  😬

Questions: Any suggestions for managing melasma?

GTKY: None so far but I’m sure that’ll change when we start announcing. 

• Options
    @daffodil_shoe Wow she sounds like such a fun coworker to have.  Glad you deleted her after those comments!

@footdrbritt I hope you get some relief soon from all the symptoms!  And yea no on the advice from MIL :lol: 

@tryingktogku I really need to add in some yoga!  I always feel better when I do it.

@jennifer_louise Ugh I hate those days.  My kids have been so grumpy lately and fighting with each other, so I completely understand!

@L1C4gal I am currently going through Invisalign and can't wait to be done!  I am only on tray 8 of like 27 though so it'll be a while!  It does keep me from snacking and stuff because I'm like ugh I don't want to deal with taking them off right now.  

@cbhclark I'm sorry for your loss :heart: I have been through loss too and had the same fears.  Like what if I jinxed it somehow by telling people?!  Pregnancy after loss is just hard.

@jesofthenorth I would be super annoyed by the work situation too.  I hope you are able to find something better that is fully remote.
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 11 w 0 d - 1/10/23

Baby is the size of a(n): Poker chip or fig

Team blue/pink/green: Hoping to find out with the NIPT soon

Upcoming Appointments: 6/30

How are you feeling?: I am so TIRED. I feel like I have not slept at all this week. I got like a two week break from week 8 through 9 and now I am just back to utter exhaustion. I can’t get comfortable at night and sleeping super light. I have a pregnancy pillow but it’s not helping. 

Rants/Raves: I bought a maternity/nursing bra this week because I’ve already gone up at least one maybe two cup sizes it feels like. It is amazing and so comfortable 😍

Questions: I’m overweight so I went into pregnancy expecting to be able to gain less weight than other people, but has anyone lost weight? I’m not sick/vomiting, I’m eating enough and I’m not exercising because I’ve been so exhausted but I’ve lost weight. Is this normal? 

Not really advice but my wife’s aunt had to do IUI like 20 years ago with her kid and she ended up with a high risk pregnancy and was on bedrest. Since she found out we’re pregnant she makes sure to tell me every time we see her that I’m going to end up on bed rest and to just expect it because we didn’t conceive naturally. We literally did an at home insemination with a syringe instead of a male part…no IUI and I’m not high risk per my doctor so it drives me nuts that she keeps telling me this even after we’ve corrected her. 🙄

• Options
    @nuggetsmomma21 Same boat! I also am overweight, not really able to exercise as much right now, and have lost weight the last several weeks. My dr wasn’t too worried and gave me a benchmark where I should call if I get lower, like 10% of body weight. It seems to have stopped losing for now but it definitely freaked me out at first!