1st Trimester

6-7 weeks cramps & spotting

I have only been pregnant one other time, it was 6 years ago and ended in miscarriage just after 12 weeks. Today I am 7 weeks and 2 days and have been having light bleeding for 3 days with mild-moderate cramping. My first appt is not for another week. Should I go to ER? Also I have had no other symptoms. No nausea or breast tenderness which worries me. I had both with my first pregnancy. Blood test at 5 weeks showed HCG levels on the high side but that's all I have to go on right now. Anyone else had spotting with cramping lasting 2-3 days or more?

Re: 6-7 weeks cramps & spotting

• Cramping and spotting can be normal for many women. My midwives' office said if you're bleeding and soaking through a pad in an hour then you head to ER. In a previous pregnancy, when my spotting was heavier I called the office and they sent me for an US to check on things. If you're worried, I recommend you call you doctor or midwife. 
  • I’d see your doctor ASAP.
    I had bleeding at 8 weeks that got worse after the first day and it was a miscarriage. I’m so sorry—it’s so scary. I am wishing you the best and sending love.