June 2022 Moms
Options

39 weeks- cervix check

I am 39 weeks , just did a cervix exam. OB said cervix not open. What can I do to open the cervix. Also I am bleeding, how long does the bleeding last for

Re: 39 weeks- cervix check

• Options
    skathiskathi member
    When you say bleeding, what do you mean? Like period type bleeding, spotting..? If you're still bleeding today please call your OB ASAP.

As for opening the cervix, unfortunately there isn't much you can do until your body is ready. Walking is a good way to keep everything loose and optimal for going into labor, but ultimately it's up to your hormones to tell your cervix when it's time to start dilating.
  • Options
    subi12subi12 member
    Just spotting and it stopped today. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At my 39 OB appt my cervix was not dilated but was starting to efface. I did loose mucus and bloody shower prior to that and after that appointment. I did a lot of walking and curb walking. My baby was born literally hours later at 39w1d. 
  • Options
    Congrats Mamaheidy2 on delivering! I was starting to efface at my 39 weeks but no dilation. Plan on walking a lot this weekend. When you curb walk do you do it on both sides? 
  • Options
    Thank you @mamamarthaof2
    yes, I did it on both sides for about 30 mins or so. I also eat 6 dates and drank a cup of raspberry leaf tea. Prior to that I had been walking a lot throughout the week, with little sit breaks, that really helped push her lower into my pelvis. Wishing you all the best, hopefully your delivery day is right around the corner :)