January 2023 Moms
Options

Singleton or multiples

I had my first ultrasound today at 8 weeks and 1 day because of some abdominal pain on my side. turns out I have a tear where my placenta is. doctor does seem too concerned right now, because it's a small one and is just gonna monitor it. when I was having my ultrasound performed, the tech had mentioned that my right ovary released 2 eggs and my left released 1 egg. as of right now she only sees 1 baby, but we'll know for sure my next scan when the baby is a bit bigger. just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone? Could there be more than one in there just hiding behind the first?

Re: Singleton or multiples

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Hi @jmefelizardo we don’t do one off posts like this but you could definitely post your question in the already established multiples thread or in the weekly Randoms thread! As far as I know it’s very uncommon for a twin to be missed at 8 weeks and I’m also super uncertain how the tech could tell you how many follicles you released and from what side as unless you were given a trigger shot during ultrasound monitoring this is almost impossible to detect! 

@BumpAdmin please close thread for one off post!