Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 5.16

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ballgame. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?: 

GTKY: Guilty pleasure... what do you buy at the supermarket (or wherever) and then devour before you get home, being sure to destroy the evidence immediately?
History
I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 5.16

• Options
    @optimistgardener looks like we started this at the same time! Will use yours and I’ll just title mine disregard! 
  • Options
    Diagnosis (if you've been): anovulatory PCOS

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): WFAF

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): I think I am going to push foreword and just do a monitored cycle! so clomid (dose to be determined at first ultrasound/ bloodwork) followed by trigger shot (ovidrel) followed by progesterone! I have a gut feeling this is what I need to ovulate and don’t want to waster more time taking meds and waiting another two months just do this anyway! 

How are things going?: things are well! I’ll need to flex my time at work for roughly three days and I’m still in training so my manager isn’t THAT happy about it but repeatedly keeps telling me “we support the making of and having of babies in this organization” lol so honestly she has been super great to work with and is very understanding thus far! 

Any questions?: has anyone done monitoring privately and had the results sent to their clinic? It may honestly be cheaper for me to pay out of pocket for blood work and ultrasound and just have the clinic advise me on what to do then having to drive 4 hours there and back for three days (that’s 3 days unpaid and the price of gas is obscene) 

GTKY: Guilty pleasure... what do you buy at the supermarket (or wherever) and then devour before you get home, being sure to destroy the evidence immediately? This is an odd one but iced tea lmao I don’t keep it in the because because I would drink it ALL. It’s my guilty pleasure and a bottle never makes it home un emptied haha 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Diagnosis (if you've been): RPL, MFI, Possible Funky Blood

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): IVF

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  BCP. 

How are things going?: I don't like BCP, I hate them so much. 

Any questions?: Nope

GTKY: Guilty pleasure... what do you buy at the supermarket (or wherever) and then devour before you get home, being sure to destroy the evidence immediately? Right now its twin snakes, the sour/sweet gummy snakes.  They give me great joy.
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @mambo5-2 I am right there with you loathing BCP. I am hoping these are the last three days I will ever have to take it in my life!!! Nothing like being nauseated all month in an attempt TTC hoping you’ll feel nauseated again soon lmao 
  • Options
    I'll update more later, but does anyone (@kiki047 @acleverusername @bumblebee0210?) who has done the microdose lupron protocol happen to know how long it takes before the lupron's initially stimulating role transforms into a suppressive one?
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • Options
    @optimistgardener I never did the microdose lupron protocol, so I have no idea. All of mine were pretty garden-variety antagonist, with the stims cranked up to 100. Lupron always confused me for that reason... (both stimulating and suppressing? Also it triggers ovulation?)
    TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• Options
    @optimistgardener I don't know much about the micro-dose lupron stim cycle. I would recommend trying the R e d d i t IF thread this folks there are very science-y and there's A LOT of ppl there. (Just don't break their rules or the AutoMods will come for you.)

@tryingktogku I know I'm in the US, so take it with the grain of salt, but I definitely opted for "local" monitoring last cycle since my doctors is a 2 hr drive away (each way). Just didn't make sense to take off 1/2 day off work for a 5 min ultrasound. 

FYI, I'll be handing over at TTCAL for the foreseeable future since it'll be a while before I can contribute meaningfully here. :expressionless:

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    @acleverusername I think I could get ultrasound results right away but blood work locally can take up to a week I guess so that’s not ideal lol I’ll travel this go but if I need to do another round I’ll see if they will meet me in the middle somehow because I have to travel 4 hours each way so that’s a whole day! 
  • Options
    Hi all, going to do my best to tag on mobile
    @tryingktogku I’m glad your work is being flexible. If they say it, they need go mean it. 
    @mambo5-2 I’m sorry bcp are making you so cranky. It’s been years for me, but I don’t remember being cranky, just it turning my sex drive to an utter flat line. 
    @kiki047 I can’t wait for your monitoring update, I literally and crossing all of my fingers and toes for you. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): uncooperative uterus/RPL… TBD

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): benched

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): today was my d&c, so game plan this cycle is just recovery. Oh and still gonna check my HCG tomorrow. 🙃

How are things going?: sore. I’ll elaborate in TW for MC/D&C

Surgery was today, MH was allowed back with me in pre-op which was nice. It took a lot longer to go under, what felt like 10 mins, so I was cracking jokes about understanding why Michael Jackson liked fentanyl to sleep. Last thing I remember saying was “make sure you bring me back!” So, sadly, my body is really not behaving in a textbook manner. The d&c was done under ultrasound as well, and the POC had organized and basically didn’t want to all come out. Turns out there was a small area they had to leave because it had reached a point it could do damage to keep trying to remove it. So when I say sore, I mean yikes. I actually opted to get additional IV pain meds in recovery. And sent home with some heftier ibuprofen and antibiotics. That being said, hopefully my body sheds this last bit on its own, but my OB seems confident the RE will want to do an HSG. She also put in a call to the RE today about how this all went and I guess to look to see if I can get in any sooner. Bleeding is a lot heavier this time, which I was told to expect. But generally speaking, I’m doing ok. 

Any questions?: natm

GTKY: Guilty pleasure... what do you buy at the supermarket (or wherever) and then devour before you get home, being sure to destroy the evidence immediately? Ice cream sandwiches. 

• Options
    @bumblebee0210 thanks for replying to my summons! Sorry i couldn't remember what all you'd tried. My sims are always cranked up to 100, as well. Currently on the 225/225 split.
    @kiki047 My understanding is that lupron, when taken at a standard dosage, outright suppresses the pituitary gland, clamping it down to zero. When taken at a very low dosage, it has the opposite effect, forcing it to produce all of its endogenous FSH and LH in one fell swoop. After the pituitary has been emptied of its FSH/LH producing capacity (and this is the time frame I'm wondering about) the lupron becomes a suppressant again because it doesn't take much to keep a pituitary that has already been squeezed dry suppressed. If any of that makes any sense. Also I lol'ed at your brother getting into the car like "hey! snacks! oh wait..."
    @acleverusername yeah sadly i've been scouring the internet for info on how long it takes for md lupron to perform its face change, and I can't find an answer. I'm sure it probably varies from person to person, etc. Still, I thought I'd toss it out here just in case. My worry is that my stimulation cycle seems to be progressing quickly and I want to make sure that the lupron has shifted gears adequately so that I don't get a premature ovulation. Obviously this one one of those "talk to your doctor" kinds of questions, but you know me, any opportunity for a little extra-curricular research, haha. But also I'm terrified of asking the r e d d i t IF folks anything because I don't want to get yelled at! :smile: Also I guess I'll have to start lurking the TTCAL thread since I want to keep up with you!

Diagnosis (if you've been): old

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): IVF

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): egg retrieval!

How are things going?: Had my stims day 5 ultrasound today. I still have 10 follicles visible, of which 5 are now in the 10-15mm range: 2 @15, 1 @14, 1 @13, 1 @11ish. I have my fingers firmly crossed that some of the others will make a bit of serious headway in the next couple of days, but that I won't lose a shot at keeping those bigger ones.
    My E2 is at 639.2, which is significantly higher than my usual stims day 5 reading (my last two cycles I was at, like 450 and then at 220 on my 2nd cycle). I guess that's a lupron flare cycle thing? I'll try to read that as a good sign.
    The doc wants me to carry on with existing dosage and get another ultrasound on Thursday. The clinic is still talking as if I'll be doing my retrieval next Monday, but I'm pretty sure given how things look that I'll be doing my retrieval on Saturday or Sunday. I would be extremely grateful to the powers that be if that proves to be the case, since it would simplify my calendar substantially.

Any questions?: just my extremely nerdy MD lupron questions that no one on the internet can answer.

GTKY: Guilty pleasure... what do you buy at the supermarket (or wherever) and then devour before you get home, being sure to destroy the evidence immediately? I'm with @kiki047 about fresh baguettes. There's specifically a local bakery that I just can never buy because if I did, I would eat the entire thing before I even get home. I'm also very easily swayed by coffee shop donuts and by packages of junior mints.
    History
  • Options
    @anniemarie887  hoping you have a speedy recovery and are able to put this behind you soon 💙

@optimistgardener FX all goes to plan and you have the retrieval on the weekend for scheduling purposes
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 oh crap i think we posted around the same time and i missed yours. your D&C sounds rough. I'm sending all my best healing vibes your way and hope that you finally catch a break with your recovery. take good care of yourself.
    History
  • Options
    *lurking*

@anniemarie887 I’m so sorry that your D&C was complicated. I hope you heal quickly and can finally put this behind you ❤️
  • Options
    anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited May 2022
    @optimistgardener fingers and toes are all crossed over here for those follicles and a weekend retrieval to make your life easier. 

thanks @optimistgardener @tryingktogku @maggiemadeit I am feeling better today after spending basically all of yesterday in bed. My step count was 1700, aka sloth (edit to fix that weird tag!)

looks like my OB sent everything for pathology as well. It’s so crazy to think that up until 9 months ago MyChart was like oh look an annual exam, all is well. And now it’s like the never ending story of my uterus. 
  • Options
    @kiki047 I'm so freaking happy for you! 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @kiki047 ahhhhh that’s amazing news!!!!
  • Options
    @kiki047 wonderful news about the euploids!
    @anniemarie887 thank goodness. what a relief.

AFM, I'm just here to complain that I did not sleep because I could not find a comfortable sleeping position, my ovary is oof, and because my brain spent the whole night being like, "ok let's see, so if on monday my largest follicles were 15mm, and if they grow 2mm a day, then on thursday my largest 2 will be 21mm or maybe larger if they're growing fast, which... what if they're overmature assuming i trigger on friday and retrieve sunday?!?! i wonder what my little follicles are doing? i hope they're growing!," etc.
    guys, my official calendar has me retrieving on monday, but i can't really see any way that the clinic sticks to that unless i miraculously develop a bumper crop of smaller-midsize follicles on my thursday scan and they decide to sacrifice my 2-3 leading follicles.
    History
  • Options
    @optimistgardener Everytime I look at my calendar I worry about that, and I haven't even started Stims yet.
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    Sorry for the disappearance. Went ahead and took vacation days despite our cancelled plans and enjoyed a few days mostly unplugged. Back for tags in a bit!

Diagnosis (if you've been): Minor blood issues, RPL, old eggs

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): TI 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): letrozole, progesterone, and now baby aspirin

How are things going?: I heard back from the RE's office after the last of my bloodwork results came in. I get to start on baby aspirin thanks to slightly elevated anticardiolipin IgM and beta-2 glyco 1 IgG. Doesn't seem like anything terribly concerning, but glad to have an easy option to hopefully treat it. 

Any questions?: I'm accumulating a small stash of pills to take each day (nothing compared to some of you, I know!). Right now I take everything together in the evening. Is there any reason I should split up when I take them? Current pills include: letrozole/progesterone (depending on point in cycle), PNV, probiotic, methyl folate, ubiquinol, baby aspirin

GTKY: Guilty pleasure... what do you buy at the supermarket (or wherever) and then devour before you get home, being sure to destroy the evidence immediately? BBQ Pringles!
  • Options

@tryingtogku I’m so glad your organization is supportive! I don’t have any experience to share regarding the private monitoring, but I hope you can work it out to make your life a little less stressful.

@mambo5-2 Ooh, I love sour/sweet gummy snakes! And BCP are the worst.

@kiki047 Haha, I love your brother’s disappointment about the car snacks. Great news on the euploids!

@anniemarie887 Girl, finally. I’m sorry the D&C was a difficult affair, but thank goodness it did what it was supposed to.

@optimistgardener Ugh, I’m sorry that the calendar for retrieval is stressing you out. I’m glad everything is looking promising though!

• Options
    @kiki047 we opted for no this time. I am very anxious about it but at the same time I think it is the right decision for our circumstances. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @kiki047 i am hoping so hard that this FET is the magic one for you. I hear you on the hope thing though, she's a tough beast to come to terms with.
    History
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 ooph @ that D&C story. Hopefully the last little bit "falls through" and I sincerely hope your OB can pull some strings. What an effing saga you've been living through. 

@kiki047 what wonderful news on the euploidy front! I'm so ecstatic for you! And great news about the chronic endometritis too. Take this with a grain of salt, since n = 1, but my Covid really came out of no where. We actually had 4 guests staying with us 4 days before I tested positive and no one else – incl. my H – testing positive. I was taking 5mg of prednisone. Then again, **TW** pregnancy (and loss) **end TW** do make you more susceptible to infections so I would just trust your doctor. As for hope for the upcoming cycle... I am really hopeful for you. Sounds like you're doing enough things differently for there to be a true shot! Hoping SO SO SO hard for you. 

@abjm0325 if you're having a hard time managing pills, I would highly recommend one of those "by time of day" pill sorter. It's been a heaven-sent. The prenatal that I take (Modern Fertility) should be taken away from calcium / iron to ensure better absorption, so the manufacturer recommends not taking it with morning coffee/yogurt (if you have dairy). Might be a few things to look into, but honestly, I WOULD NOT stress over it. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• Options
    kiki047kiki047 member
    @acleverusername yeeaah I'm basically expecting to come away from this wedding with Covid but I'll do my part for the ceremonial bridesmaids duties, take all the photos, then stay away from people the rest of the night/wear my mask when I'm not seated/eating. The only bright side is that I won't know a lot of the people so there's less chance I need to mingle outside of our immediate family (who are all going to do a rapid test that morning just in case). That's really all we can do at this point. About half of the family has had it now and in every one of those cases except for my brother, they don't know where it came from. My brother had it coming; he was partying in Miami for 5 days with a friend who was barely even out of her own 5 day quarantine (like maybe she arrived ON the 5th day) and he was already symptomatic by the time he flew home. 

@optimistgardener thank you friend. Hope is such a double edged sword. Feeling like it's going to impale me at some point but here we are. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @kiki047 also taking some vitamin C, staying hydrated and well rested will also increase your chances of avoiding the vid! If you are run down you’re more susceptible!  Fingers crossed you come out unscathed!
  • Options
    Has anyone here put some distance between close family members who are not sensitive to your IF journey? My two SILs are not INTENTIONALLY insensitive but they also do not make ANY effort to be and I am leaving any interaction with them feeling AWFUL lately 

TW below mention of familial pg/lo for clarification

My one SIL just had her second baby in 11 months and my other SIL is pregnant with her third. They BOTH did a huge family pregnancy announcement  and DID NOT let me know beforehand and I cried at BOTH/ left the gathering (and I am NOT someone who cries easily) and after the first one I very much told everyone I would appreciate a text before an announcement to process my emotions but that was obviously disregarded. And now every time I am with them I leave feeling like absolute garbage because I feel like one is throwing her newborn at me and the other is throwing her belly at me. my one SIL had the audacity to be like “omg I missed my first prenatal visit because I forgot I was pg” and I’m just there like oh cool yep you FORGOT you were pg. 

so I told DH I want to avoid family gatherings with his side for a while (they usually have one once a week) and he is so/so with this decision. I said it’ll be good because he can still go and then I’ll have some “me time” to like do yoga/ whatever I want which is a rarity! However we also don’t know how long this journey will last and I don’t want to just like cut out my SILs/ nephews/nieces either
  • Options
    kiki047kiki047 member
    @tryingktogku oof, yup, I feel you 100% on that. MH's side of the family knows what we're going through but they're super obtuse about it as well, like you said they're not intentionally hurtful but they're also not considerate of my feelings whatsoever. Maybe because I don't cry often enough in front of them or something? I'm really trying not to take the blame for this because it's not me, it's them. They also get together once a week and I've been avoiding them for almost 2 months now. I go when I feel up to it and on MY terms, and even though MIL still finds ways to passive aggressively get a dig in here and there about me being "too busy" for them it has been so much better for my mental health. I hope you can find a happy medium. Having SILs being KU/having newborns around would be even more triggering for me. Would it help if you find ways to meet them in the middle, on neutral ground, on a day of your choosing instead of feeling forced into it out of obligation? 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    edited May 2022
    @kiki047 honestly I was around a few co workers often who were KU and much more sensitive to me so I am kind of just over them right now?? The last PG announcement was on Mother’s Day and I’m just not over it. Abs it brought up the bad feelings towards my other SIL who did the same thing a few months ago. And I’m not one of those people who like throw themselves into their nieces and nephews because they are struggling. I am opposite. Holding my newborn newphew makes my heart hurt actually. Idk I think I’ll just step back for now and re assess if it’s been a while. I’m sorry you are going through this with you spouses side too! It def puts you in a weird position 
  • Options
    kiki047kiki047 member
    @tryingktogku I'm the same way not wanting to drown myself in other people's kids to make myself feel better. And I especially resent it when they throw their kids at me as some kind of band-aid solution to my grief and sadness. BIL and SIL also announced on Mother's Day 5 years ago and it still stings. Her shrieks of excitement and jumps of joy will haunt me for a long, long time. When we announced the first time she gave me a big hug and was visibly excited but FIL didn't "get" our announcement (we picked up Tims on our way over and wrote "Grandma x2" and "Grandpa x2" on their cups) so MIL had to point it out and he just gave a big smile and proceeded to drink his coffee. It's a delicate situation and we all learn to navigate it in our own ways but it definitely doesn't make you a bad person or any less of a family member to need to set boundaries. MH's family has no concept of boundaries so that has been something we've had to work really hard at throughout our relationship. 

TTC History:

• Options
    @optimistgardener squee! I am patiently waiting for your detailed update!!
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @optimistgardener that is a VERY exciting update!
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• Options
    @optimistgardener ahhhhhh!!! this is AMAZING news!!! i am doing a little happy dance over here for you!!
    @abjm0325 so glad you took the time off and hopefully feel recharged! are they having you repeat the clotting tests? my bff was diagnosed with APS, baby aspirin and lovenox for her
    @kiki047 still a bit sore, but getting better. i am doing milking this week and kind of just unplugging from as many responsibilities as i can. i am 100% over here cheerleading for this FET for you, i totally understand wanting to protect your own heart <3 i am also crossing all the fingers and toes that you avoid the 'rona.

• Options
    @anniemarie887 No mention of repeating the tests as of now. I was barely outside of the "normal" range for both, so I suppose the baby aspirin is an easy suggestion for the time being while they focus on the HSG next cycle.

@optimistgardener Awesome news! Can't wait to hear your final report!

@tryingktogku I have had a similar difficulty with my BIL and SIL after a quick second pregnancy and an insensitive announcement. Honestly I have just pulled back from the relationships as much as possible, but perhaps easier for me since we only see them once a month or so. I would do what you need to to stay sane and let the family obligation chips fall where they may. Your feelings are valid. 

@kiki047 Yay for normal biopsy results! I totally understand the mixed emotions, but if we don't remain a little hopeful I feel like the process is unbearable. We'll all be hopeful for you on those days you need to guard your heart.
  • Options
    thanks all for sharing my enthusiasm this morning. :)
    after a very cranky day of waiting for an update from the clinic, i finally got a call just now.
    I have 4 follicles between 18-20mm, 1 at 16mm, 1 at 14mm, 2 at 13mm, and then 5 hovering just below or at 10.
    So... the distribution of those follicles is not entirely excellent. But I am going to try to put faith in my body's past history of turning up the occasional mature follicle even when it is very small.
    my e2 is at 1231, which is still way higher than my previous rounds.
    History