1st Trimester

Pregnancy test confusion

I took a digital pregnancy test 1 day before my missed period and it was negative. I took another 1 day past my missed period and it was positive. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be concerned that I have low Hcg levels or can this be normal? I also have less symptoms than I did with my first pregnancy which is concerning me.

Re: Pregnancy test confusion

• I’m confused… if you got a positive after a negative, that means your hcg is going up. I don’t understand what’s concerning about that? 
  • What are you confused??? You do not necessarily turn a pregnancy positive a day before you expect your period. 

Congrats! You gave a positive! 
  • Loading the player...
  • mdrl_1mdrl_1 member
    I read that the pregnancy test I use is 95% accurate the day before your missed period so i thought it was odd it would be negative and then be positive 2 days later?
  • Did you use the same brand of test for both?
  • mdrl_1mdrl_1 member
    I did! But one was digital (says “pregnant” or “not pregnant” - which showed not pregnant) and the other was the + or -, which showed +
  • I’m not a doctor, so this doesn’t constitue medical advice, but here’s what I would do: if you can, go get the First Response Early Response test. Usually you can find FRER boxes that come with x2 tests in one box. Take one first thing tomorrow morning. Then, re-test in a few days (ideally 5 days later, but I know it can be super hard to wait that long…try for at least 3). If it’s still unclear, and you haven’t had your period, call your doctor’s office to request a blood test. Good luck!

• mdrl_1mdrl_1 member
    Thanks for the advice, I’ll definitely do that!! Fingers crossed! :)
  • meggymemeggyme member
    Digital tests are typically less sensitive than analog ones, so this is totally normal. 
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::