October 2022 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Bath Time

Let’s talk about bath time! Bath tubs, towels, washcloths, toys, bath soap, anything else is fair game!

Re: Product Spotlight: Bath Time

• Options
    We used a bath sponge thing in our sink then the Angelcare bathtub in our tub and now the skip hop slip guard bath mat. Probably could have skipped the sponge in sink thing but I wanted something for the sink so I wouldn't have to bend too much early postpartum to bathe baby. I swear by the the little floating thermometer we were gifted (nor sure brand, but it wad a little turtle) as it completely changed bathtime for us because we could get the temp right every time to avoid baby meltdowns. We use the foaming lavender baby wash from Earth Mama. 
  • Options
    I love hooded towels. I have about a thousand but will get more for this baby. I have always used this bathtub or something similar. I can use it on the counter and fill it up with the attachment from the shower (it stretches really far) or just do it in the kitchen sink.  We usually do Aveeno baby or dove baby for our kids. After having an eczema baby we avoid all things scented. I use the bathtub until they can sit by themselves and then they are in the regular tub. I'll move it down into the bathtub once my incision has healed up enough. I've got to be honest we go through so many washcloths in our house that I just buy the large pack at Target. I think I have fifty washcloths at any given moment. I always buy a fresh set of baby bath toys. Nothing that squirts obviously. I love the yokidoo stuff for toddlers. My kids are all in showers now with the same bath toys they've had for years that get cleaned once a month. The boon pipes and gears are great as well for toddlers.
    h//smile.amazon.com/dp/B081R2BDJL/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_QME2Y8DRNH2KJQSREGNC
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @krysnicole1022 YES to hooded towels. Also likely getting more. I particularly like the ones from H&M because they're wider.
  • Options
    I have older kids and when they were newborns I had a product called a Tummy Tub that I loved, but it doesn’t seem to be made anymore? It was basically like a bucket with a padded seat that held them snuggly so they felt more secure, and you didn’t have to worry as much about them slipping down under the water. The closest I can find is this: https://www.amazon.com/BEABA-Shnuggle-Support-Months-Midnight/dp/B08BPJ3DJP
     Has anyone used it before?
  • Options
    I usually prefer something that is more reclined when they are newborns but that one has really great reviews! My younger kids like to give the baby baths (historically) so I like having the sling and stuff. 
    A lot of my friends had the bloom bath as well. They loved it except it took forever to dry out. 
  • Options
    In case anyone else has coconut allergies, these are the baby bath products I found that don't have coconut derivatives in them: Hello Bello Premium Shampoo & Body Wash in Gentle Sweet Cream, Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion, and Burt's Bees Baby Bee Diaper Ointment.