September 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-in, Week of 5/8

Re: Weekly Check-in, Week of 5/8

• laj0217laj0217 member
    @lalarose22 congrats on the new house! Moving sucks, but the extra space will be so worth it, I imagine!!
  • @lalarose22 my first never lost interest, I had to wear her at 22 months (10 weeks before my due date) to give myself a break. My second (was 20 months) I weaned around 10 weeks this time when I got a stomach bug because I couldn't deal with it anymore. It was pretty painless don't ask don't offer for awhile and then last few times was avoid nap time and bedtime. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  September 13- 22weeks

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: Baby weighs as much as a football

𝗙𝗧𝗠/𝗦𝗧𝗠/𝗧𝗧𝗠+/𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱: FTM

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: Blue

Baby's Name (if chosen): Wyoming (Wyo) Timothy James

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: Nothing until June 1st. May get a 3D ultrasound so the grandparents can feel involved.

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: Overall pretty good! My legs are sore from working our auction event all weekend. I had a pretty emotional day yesterday trying to figure out what I want my career to look like after baby. And feeling overwhelmed with everything I have on my plate right now.  

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: Rave a couple nights of good sleep. Rant a less than stellar poop schedule.

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: Nothing right now

𝗚𝗧𝗞𝗬: What are your nursery plans? We are almost wrapping up a big remodel- adding a large mother in law apartment to our family home. Baby's room is this cute little room that feels like a little fort. We are going with lots of earthy neutral tones. I am not a fan of traditionally "baby" colors. My husband is redoing a vintage dresser and that's about all I know right now. Its kind of crazy having to design Wyo's room and basically a whole condo at the same time. 
  • lalarose22lalarose22 member
    edited May 2022
    @laj0217 thank you! Definitely worth it. Just need to be patient- easier said than done for me ;)

@jhysmath oh boy! Good to know! I went on a weekend trip at the end of April and he did fine not nursing before bed (that's the only time he does and he's never taken bottles at home) so I think it's really just comforting to him right now. We'll see what the next few months bring.. maybe I just need a couple more weekend trips ;)
  • @millygolitely and @babywiik thanks! I'll take a look at the names you're recommending. Kaiser finally got back to me, but of course the September group already started so now I'm behind.

@pangolindrome haha, you must be better than I am at handling the unpredictable. :P That's the sort of thing that I really struggle with!
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• @lilienne Some skills we learn because we want to. This is not one of those. My ability to handle the unpredictable has developed through trial by fire. Hubbs and my life is anything but predictable and I can either accept it and work with it or become a husk of a human being  :D
  • 𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  09-20 // 21+0

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: a lesser weasel  :D

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: pink!

Baby's Name (if chosen): Whisper MAYBE not sure

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: I just had my anatomy scan yesterday! Next appointment is June 9th (will have glucose test done then)

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: My lower back hurts so much!! Other than that I feel pretty good. Was surprised when I forgot to take my unisom for two nights and nausea came back in full swing- I vomited for the first time in a while! That shocked me, I thought I was way over that but I guess I am more like my mom than I thought. 

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: Tomorrow is the last day of state testing! Thank goodness bc today was rough. They had me as the only person running up and down the stairs- my back and my feet were dying by the end of the day. 
    I also found out at my appointment that I have an anterior placenta! Makes me feel SO much better about how long it took to feel her and how little the movements are.

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: None right now! 

𝗚𝗧𝗞𝗬: What are your nursery plans? We have a second bedroom that’s been used as a storage area mostly- we need to move stuff around. She’s gonna sleep with us for a while before we move her in there, but that’s the plan so far! 

• @dvmmomma such cute nursery inspiration 
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    @dvmmomma that’s such a cute design! What colors are you thinking about? Love seeing what everyone else is doing :)
  • dvmmamadvmmama member
    @chelsraec right?? Our house is very mid-century so we are trying to stay with that vibe.

@laj0217 - I'm not exactly sure yet- I picked up a bunch of color chips from Lowe's when I was there last in all sorts of pinks, purples, blues and yellows- I hate this stage of planning because I have so many ideas but I need to lock one down so things sort of match in there! I keep putting things on our registry then taking them off because I changed my mind about colors and possible design.
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    @dvmmomma my best friend had a Harry Potter/dinosaur/truck room. She just picked what she liked, nothing matched, and it was still great!
  • @dvmmama - cute nursery idea! 
    I also have the Oviapregnancy app that I started using after using the Ovia ovulation tracking app. It’s free and doesn’t have message boards, but I like the mini updates it provides daily on baby growth and your own body changes. And it has “weird-but-cute” animals, fruit/veggie, toys, and baked goods comparisons every week! Also has a calendar feature which I really like for throwing in appointments or keeping track of how far along I will be at which future week.  Works as a great complement to this app I find. 
  • @maple1422 I read "with iced coffee on my back" and was so confused. Also yes, stupidly excited! TWO DAYS! And I hope your home situation lines up how it needs to :)
  • newbabymama27newbabymama27 member
    edited May 2022
    @maple1422 just got back from the ultrasound!! Unfortunately this baby was not cooperating as I had hoped lol. They were curled up with knees to chest and hiding their private bits. The tech tried so hard with no success of seeing the genitals and made me go empty my bladder and walk around the hospital and that didn’t help either. Given that sex is not part of the anatomical scan, she couldn’t reschedule me to check and said I need to go to a private clinic later to see if they can find it (which is $150+ if I decide to do it). Then she showed me what she WAS able to see which was a cute wiggly babe. I asked her to check one more time before leaving and she said she miiiight’ve caught it but because she’s not a doctor she can’t be certain and can’t tell me 👎🏻 So she’s sending all the pics to the radiologist for him to do the report and confirm if her guess is right. She said it’s also very possible he won’t agree with her and won’t confirm it either because it wasn’t very clear. *sigh* oh well. I guess I’ll see what my OB says next week. At least the baby was wiggly and moving! Just a little shy. The ultrasound also dates me at 18w6d instead of 20w so we’ll see if my OB changes my due date to October 6th. With my first son he was also measuring small but she didn’t change the due date. Now I need to find a computer with a disk drive to get those pictures.. why couldn’t they just put it on a USB?! 

On another note, did your son pick out his room colour yet? If so… how horrendous is it? 😅 I’m worried mine will pick puke green or something and I’ll have to disappoint him and veto his choice lol. 
  • @newbabymama27 Dangit, kid! Also, disk drive as in 'floppy' disk? :flushed:
  • @pangolindrome no no, like a CD drive! But we only have old MacBooks and not the kind with CD drives. My work computer also tries to encrypt anything that isn’t issued by work so I’m scared to insert it in there to try… might have to ask my in-laws to use their desktop. 
  • @newbabymama27 I guess I'm showing my age, haha! You wouldn't happen to have a gaming console, would you? Those will also read most CDs.
  • maple1422maple1422 member
    edited May 2022
    @newbabymama27 it’s pretty horrendous. He wants 60 colors. All over the place. His words. 
  • @pangolindrome oh yes we do have a PS3 I believe?? But I want them moved to my phone to obsess over and send to my parents and a few close friends haha. 

@maple1422 omg good luck 🥴 maybe he can pick out a picture for the wall instead? Or his bedding?? 
  • @newbabymama27 4 colors max. I said he could do one per wall. We can always paint over it later. 
  • wisehwiseh member

Oh my gosh I have SO much to catch up on!! Life has been absolutely hectic and I am looking forward to Thursday next week when it returns to how it was 18 months ago 🙌

Thinking of you this week, @kboydbowman! I also love the name Cavendish!

@jhysmath congrats on the move though I know it will be stressful! Once you’re settled and the house is finished I’m sure it will be great.

@laj0217 love the idea for your mural!!

@mk2022x can the cot & dresser go on the same wall so they’re either opposite the vent or either side of the vent?

@savkrom with my DD I had an anterior placenta and could only feel my daughter if I laid still at night on my left side & had no other distractions. I could barely see or feel from the outside, even right at the very end. This time around I am feeling movement constantly now, but I still can’t feel or see them on the outside.

@lilienne if it helps at all we moved house with a 6 week old and had no problems at all. We did all our furniture assembly/disassembly while our DD slept. They’re quite sleepy still at that stage. We’ve also moved house when our DD was 7mo (which we then travelled for 2 months), 9mo, 2yo & almost 3yo. We’ve not had any problems with the moves 😊

𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  Still haven’t worked this one out yet. Somewhere between Sept 16 & 22. So somewhere in week 21.

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: baseball hat (that’s a weird one)

𝗙𝗧𝗠/𝗦𝗧𝗠/𝗧𝗧𝗠+/𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱: STM

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: Green

Baby's Name (if chosen):

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: Anatomy scan tomorrow! Then midwife appointment on the 27th of May. I think after then I will start having regular appointments.

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: Fabulous! I barely feel pregnant, but I am really feeling this baby a lot which can make for awkward moments in meetings when it decides to have a party 😂 I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before but the pregnancy with my DD was complicated with surgery at 16 weeks to remove an ovarian cyst that my body never really recovered from, so this pregnancy is a dream in comparison!

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: My rant is my rave. I am SO ridiculously busy at the moment but it’s all for the best. I can’t remember if I mentioned that I interviewed for a new job a few weeks ago but I ended up getting it and I start on Monday, so the last 2 weeks has been absolutely hectic trying to finalise everything to hand over. I’m still not done but I am going to spend a lot of this weekend ensuring everything has been followed up that needs to be and write a comprehensive handover so when I start my new job on Monday that they don’t keep bugging me going forward. The new job will not involve any take-home work and in 6 weeks we will be moving to an 8 days on, 6 days off roster which I am absolutely thrilled about! I will have a “back to back” meaning when it is not my rostered days on I will have someone else there doing my job, so will NEVER be called or have to think about work on my days off. We also applied to get a new house through work at the beginning of Feb & we FINALLY heard back last week that we got a house and we now have 2 weeks to move!! This might be OK if we were planning it & if movers were readily available, but we were not actually planning to move and there are no removalists in town unless I want to pay $5k to move 2 blocks away. The new house is AMAZING and I am so excited to move. The last thing that’s hectic is I have another uni assignment due on Wednesday and then I am DONE with this subject and their stupidly high marking! To top all of this off, my DD has started BMX racing so she now has this twice a week, 4:30pm on a Wednesday & 7pm on a Friday.

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: NATM

𝗚𝗧𝗞𝗬What are your nursery plans? We are in a rental so nothing 🤣 (in Australia when you’re renting you’re not allowed to do anything to the house, even putting hooks on the walls) The new house has a 4th bedroom which is right next to our bedroom which will become the “nursery” – though for the first year the babe will be in our room. With our DD we kept all her clothes and the change table in the nursery and had her in with us. It worked really well so we will do that again for this one.

• @wiseh wowowow that is a lot going on but so so exciting! Hooray to the new house and job 🥳 What kind of field do you work on with that kind of 8 days on, 6 days off schedule (sorry if you’ve mentioned earlier)?
  • 𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  9/11 — 22w+4d

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: Coconut

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: Pink!

Baby's Name (if chosen): Waiting until she's born to decide for sure but we’ve narrowed it down to three and said we cannot add anymore 😂

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: May 24 for just a routine midwives visit 

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: Really good!! Trying to prioritize workouts bc I keep hearing that I may not have energy during most of the third tri. Sometimes have some mild pinching as things move around in there but mostly I feel healthy and happy! Also it’s been cool to feel kicks a bit more consistently!!

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀: Having to conserve sick/ vacation days for maternity days later. 𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: Hubs made waffles, got flowers and got me some new slip on shoes for Mother’s Day thinking that I won’t want to bend down to tie shoes later on. So sweet!

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: I feel like my two biggest fears right now are breastfeeding in general and 3rd/4th degree tearing during delivery. Anyone else? I feel like there’s so much to worry about that I’m not entirely sure why my brain is currently focused on those two things 😂

𝗚𝗧𝗞𝗬: What are your nursery plans? We’re going with a National Parks/ outdoorsy theme so far! Got a really cute children’s national parks poster from Etsy and hubs painted a forest green accent wall over the weekend! It’s really coming together nicely 💜 loving all the other themes too!!! 
  • wisehwiseh member
    @newbabymama27 I work in the mining industry in Australia, though there are lots of industries here that work similar rosters. I am an engineer but am moving into an operational role. I've spent about 50/50 time in ops & engineering over the last 13 years and I absolutely love operations and the people side, it's so much more fun than the seriousness of your typical engineering team. 
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    @wiseh oh man, so busy! But that’s all going to be so great in just a few weeks!!
  • @wiseh oh very cool profession! I hope you enjoy being more on the operational side :) 
  • @wiseh will you own or rent the new house? How exciting! Congrats on the new job/schedule too!
    @ciscothedog2018 breastfeeding has me worried sometimes too. I am nervous that I won't be able to do it right again. I try not to linger on it, because I won't know until we get to that point. Until then, I'm glad to read others' experiences with it through these threads! As far as tearing, I had 3rd degree tears with DS. He was my first and this is my second, so that's all that I know. It hasn't changed anything for me. I was stitched up and it healed with the rest of me over the next 5-6 weeks. The warm water in the peri bottles was my best friend. 
  • @ciscothedog2018 Just here to second everything @maple1422 said! This is my second child and I didn't breastfed with my first. Considering trying it this time but it scares me to think about! Also, I had a 3rd degree tear with my first. They had to use the vacuum on her, so they warned me I would tear worse. Hoping it's not that way this time around, but if so, I'll survive. They sewed me up and it took a good 5-6 weeks to completely heal up. Walking and getting in/out of bed was not easy for a while, but you do what you gotta do for baby!
  • @maple1422 Feel free to ignore this, but if you don't mind... have the tears and healing affected what you feel during sex? My friend told me that kegels really are important and will help return things to close-to-normal if done right and consistently. I mean, you're having a second, so that gives me hope. I am just pretty worried since it's always been important to me.
  • @pangolindrome - Answering from my experience! I don't think it has affected anything about sex at all, nor does my husband! And honestly, I didn't do kegels. Of course, I was terrified to have sex for the first time after the doctor cleared me, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated. Just make sure you use lube! 
  • @whitta1015 The whole reason we successfully conceived was that I was... uh... really insistent... and it's kind of my favorite part of sex, so I really appreciate hearing that.
  • maple1422maple1422 member
    edited May 2022
    @pangolindrome Sometimes there's an angle that puts too much pressure on it, but I just avoid that specific angle. It's rarely even an issue. Not sure how much is tmi, but he just can't go too far toward the back or it feels tender. Hasn't affected a happy love life here.

Edited because I only answered half of your question. Nothing looks or feels different. I still have full sensory (idk the correct grammar for that). And, I'd say kegels are good for all women, not just moms. Not sure if they had a hand in helping, because I never do them regularly. Just when I think of it. 
  • I was young then (23), but I'm hoping the recovery is the same for me this time!
  • wendy-gwendy-g member
    𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  23 weeks 4days / sept 4

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: an eggplant according to a different app

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: 💙

Baby's Name (if chosen): Nevillen 

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: May 18th for a re-do anatomy scan 

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: I feel great! Only issue I’m having is allergies ugh. 

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: rave - I’ve felt him pretty early on with the fluttering and squirming and then felt major kicks around 15 weeks or so. His movement have been sporadic, some days I felt him often and some hardly at all, but for the past two weeks I’ve felt him multiple times a day. My husband finally got to feel him this past weekend. I love so much just sitting on the couch watching my stomach pop up and down. I was able to get several videos this week and he’s definitely starting to form a routine. 

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: 

𝗚𝗧𝗞𝗬: What are your nursery plans? We are doing a Harry Potter theme. My sister will be painting a huge mural on one wall that will feature the castle, flying car, womping willow, the train, etc and then she’s painting the rest of the walls to look like castle stones. She’s drawing up ideas now and finalizing the colors, can’t wait to get started!
  • @wendy-g your Harry Potter nursery is going to be so cool! Lucky baby!
  • @pangolindrome ha, fair enough! I'm definitely better at it than I used to be, for the same reason. Still, it's not my strong suit and I'm impressed by your ability to handle it.

@maple1422 this pregnancy is "high risk" due to concerns about whether the placenta will keep working well as the baby gets bigger. It's worrying to think about things going wrong later on, and I'm not thrilled about induced labor...but I'm betting by week 39, I'll be very happy about the idea of not being pregnant anymore! :P I love the "jump and say boo" comparison for kicks, that sounds both hilarious and inconvenient!
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• wisehwiseh member
    edited May 2022
    @maple1442 I will still be renting. I live in a remote mining town in the Australian Pilbara (feel free to google) and houses are ~$500,000 USD for a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom that needs renovating or ~$700,000 USD ($1M AUD) 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom that's ready to move in. The prices themselves aren't that bad, BUT, insurance is an absolute killer. In the rest of Australia you can insure a $1M house for ~$3k a year, but up here it's $30k a year! Our crime rate is quite high but the real cost is because we are in a cyclone prone area and 2000km from the closest capital city, so there are no trades people, no equipment, nothing, and the cost of rebuilding is really expensive. So barely anybody buys houses, most of them are owned by the government (public housing for people who can't afford houses or for doctors, police, teachers, etc.) or by mining companies.