September 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-in, Week of 5/8

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:ย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย 

Baby's Name (if chosen):

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€:ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What are your nursery plans?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.ย  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

ยซ13

Re: Weekly Check-in, Week of 5/8

• ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 9/6 22+5

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: hedgehog ๐Ÿฆ”ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Blue

Baby's Name (if chosen): Jacksonย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: fetal echo tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜ฌย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: pretty good- just dizzy and still pretty fatigued. No matter what I do to try and sleep on my side, I wake up on my back every nightโ€ฆ I throw pillows across the room in my sleep when I try to prop myself up with them. The irony is that pre-pregnancy, I slept on my side all the time! Iโ€™m really hoping that I wouldnโ€™t be sleeping through it if back sleeping were cutting off blood supply like they say it can.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: rants: none really!ย 
    Raves: hubs and I had an AMAZING time in Ireland! It was the first time I was really able to mentally disconnect from work in a long time and that felt great.ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: NATM

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans?
    โ€ฆ
    that he will have one, lol. The current guest bedroom will become the nursery once we have our baby shower and have things to start setting upย 
  • @blanket_girl you will definitely wake up when you can no longer sleep on your back. You'll wake up out of breath. I can still lay on my back without issues. I'm 22 weeks today.

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  22weeks Sept 11thย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: coconut and weighs the same as a football

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: pink

Baby's Name (if chosen): no name yet. I keep throwing names at my husband and hope something sticks. Will wait until birth and see her before actually naming her.

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: my appt from last Thursday was postponed until this Thursdayย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: right now, really good. Physically, my belly is getting heavy and I definitely notice the weight of it on my back and lower stomach muscles when I stand for longer than 5 or 10 minutes. Will look into getting a belly band this week.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: rave: my parents come on thursday!ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: nothing now

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans? No plans really. Baby will sleep in a bedside bassinet for the first few months. Then we'll transition them into our only other bedroom which houses my daughter. I'm a bit apprehensive about having them sleep in the same room but I'm sure they'll both adjust just fine. I'm really hoping this baby sleeps as well as my first does๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ
  • Loading the player...
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  9/13 (21+5)

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Endive

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM but it's complicated

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Blue

Baby's Name (if chosen):ย ย C. J.ย  Still in negotiations over what that stands for.ย  Cavendish is high up there though (Cav for short)

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 5/12 for cervical ultrasound, then 5/23 for 24 week appointment and final cervical ultrasound

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Straight from what I put on FB:ย So this is a very high anxiety week for me. I am 21 weeks and 5 days pregnant. On Tuesday, I will be 22 weeks pregnant. 22 weeks is when the problems started with Clementine and I went into the hospital. On Friday, I will be 22 weeks and 3 days pregnant. That was the day of my emergency C-section with Clementine. If I make it to Saturday, I will be more pregnant than I have ever been. It's hard to avoid a sense of doom. My next ultrasound is on Thursday.ย ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rant:ย  Every twinge I get, I think it's my cervix dilating.ย  I worry because I don't have much distinct movement yet.ย  I really wish I could just take this whole week off work until I get past my major milestone dates, but there's just too much work to do.ย  Rave:ย  Going to the beach in less than 3 weeks.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: None that I can think of right now.

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans?ย Pending.ย  Our house is really not well set up for this - the master bedroom is completely detached from the rest of the house (it's a mother-in-law suite).ย  In the short term, it will be a bassinet and/or co-sleeping arrangement. In the long-term, either the guest bedroom or (more likely) the boy person's man cave will get converted into the baby's room, but we'll have to figure out a monitoring system because of the split house situation.ย  Also, I refuse to start picking up baby supplies until after I get back from the beach, at which point I wil be 26.5 weeks and will feel a lot better about the viability likelihood.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  9/9 22+2

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: coconut

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: ttm

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Green

Baby's Name (if chosen): going back to the drawing boards on boy names. I have a strong feeling this will be a boy and we don't agree on boy names.ย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: not until the end of the month

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: pretty good unless I sit for too long, my pelvis is not happy at all.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: kitchen shopping with my husband is not fun. We don't agree on much, but he did say today I guess you use the stove more you should get to pick so that excited me. I'm glad we're no longer in limbo and know what the plan is for next year even if it's going to be stressful.... Another rant, mh gave MIL the news were moving back for mother's day, and it annoyed me. I hate when he thinks giving her our children is a gift, he's given her the "gift" each time we found out we're pregnant, and now that we're moving back the same thing. There will be lots of boundaries set by me this up coming year, and I'm sure I'm going to piss off my husband who thinks his mommy should be involved in everything we do.ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: nope

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What are your nursery plans? Ummmm there's a crib in our bedroom at that house that I want to get rid of, I like the crib we have here better. We have a king bed there and this one will likely sleep with us too. Figuring out how to get the almost 4 year old out of our bed will be interesting. The other bedroom is small and not sure how that's going to work with all the stuff my kids have here. Our bed there is so high off the ground I won't be able to use a bassinet unless I'm dropping baby into it. (my husband has a stool to get in and out of bed, I can get in and out holding a sleeping baby, so I'm going with his legs are short) reno will be happening to make the new master and bathrooms upstairs, but we're not having them finished to save money they will be our on going project. So yeah this baby won't have a place until we finish that and it won't be this year. Pretty much, it's all a shit show.

@kboydbowman I'll be thinking of you all week. I wish you could take the time off, at least you'll get another peak on Thursday and that can help reassure you. When do they stop checking your cervix again?ย 

@blanket_girl I'm a side sleeper normally too, but keep ending up on my back. @babywiik is right though, you'll wake up when you need to, it's very uncomfortable and you get very short of breath. I remember the first time it happened with my first it was scary.ย 
  • @jhysmath
    the check at my 24 week visit will be the last one
    Current pregnancy -

• ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 9/6, 22 weeks 5 days

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: A coconut soon to be a grapefruitย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink

Baby's Name (if chosen): Will reveal when sheโ€™s here!

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 5/16, 24 week checkup and hopefully the results of the NIPT blood work

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Heavier and running with a belly band all the time now. Stopped doing the jumping moves in my prenatal workouts and modifying a lot with yoga.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: No rants for now! Finals week is here, the sun is finally shining, and I just have to get through the grading and prep my online summer class. Rave: I just ordered some new sports bras and maternity from Amazon that fit great, and some shorts from Old Navy that are also perfect.ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans? Started planning a low key Beatrix Potter theme (Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddleduck, etc.) and found the cutest quilt on Etsy. That and a few framed prints of illustrations should do it. Furniture will be white and wall will be either a pale yellow or a pale blush. Weโ€™ll start putting things together when we get back from traveling at the end of this month.ย 
  • @kboydbowman will be thinking of you this weekโค
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 9/24, 22+2

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: an axolotl lol

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: finding out in one week!

Baby's Name (if chosen):

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: next week for anatomy scan

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: pretty good, kind of ignoring the UTI right now which has been amazing for my mental health. I plan on chatting with them today bc Iโ€™m unhappy with the new antibiotic they chose but really hoping to keep this low key as it really does help stress wise.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: yearly pediatrician visit for my son today which means wasting a good portion of my day driving and waiting ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: natm

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans?ย 
    Them sleeping in a bassinet for the first stretch of time and then hopefully getting the disaster of an office cleared out to paint and move the baby stuff to. No set decor or anything though. Really shouldnโ€™t take too long but honestly the problem is getting my husband motivated to do it, especially since itโ€™s where heโ€™s been working at home.
  • @kboydbowman Iโ€™ll be thinking of you this week!
  • @laj0217 I would submit before I left, just in case you end up going early. Nothing hurts submitting them early.ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  September 16 / 21w 2 d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Cocounut

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM

Baby's Name (if chosen): TBD

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Next OB appointment May 31, but at my 20 week scan the MFM doc mentioned they'd like me to be coming in every 6-8 weeks for scans until 32 weeks. After 32 weeks scan once per week. This is all because of having symptomatic Covid in early first trimester and not knowing precisely what strain (Delta or Omicron). Sounds like there are more risks and data available re: Delta than Omicron.ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Really good, overall. I do get short of breath quite easily, and my sciatica has been acting up. But the Chiropractor helped and I'll be going again this week.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: My husband has a solid history of forgetting about Mother's Day, he's terrible about remembering dates and making plans in advance. This year, instead of waiting on him, I just made a plan with my mom for the two of us to go to a movie and lunch together. The teenager even tagged along! It was wonderful. And no surprise, the husband was a little shocked to learn that I wouldn't be home all day for him to scramble at the last minute to figure out a plan. So, I guess that counts as both rant/rave.ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans? Nothing for a little while. Baby will stay in our room in a pack n play w/ย basinet attachment for probably the first 2-3 months. We need to do some renovations to the teenager's room, get bunk beds set up and move the 8 year old into that room. I think it will be a process, they're both not too happy about a shared bedroom situation. Once the older boys are settled I'll be able to clean out and set up the nursery. I'll also be keeping the full-size bed in the nursery for long nights (for me) and an occasional guest bed. Deadline to have everyone moved and settled is December 1, right before I plan to go back to work.ย 
  • mk2022xmk2022x member
    @laj0217 ah I love that so much!! We live in the PNW and also debated about doing an outdoorsy/mountains theme. Super cute, and love that your friend will do a mural!

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย Sept 12 / 22+0

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: coconut; he weighs as much as a football

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: ๐Ÿ’™

Baby's Name (if chosen):ย William John

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 5/26 for 24w OB

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: definitely pregnant haha. I feel like my belly has had some serious growth over the last week and I can tell the difference when bending over, getting out of bed, etc. My belly button is pretty stretched and my belly and boobs get itchy if I donโ€™t use belly butter every night.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: had a fun weekend at the coast this weekend and then we went out for sushi lunch for motherโ€™s day! I had a piece of one of my husbandโ€™s rolls and enjoyed every second of that wonderfully raw salmon haha.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Nursery layout - ย we only have two full walls in the nursery (third wall is closest, fourth is window), one of which has the floor vent smack dab in the middle. The floor vent will likely either need to go under the dresser (which is low and would prevent the majority of airflow) or the crib. Thoughts?ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans?ย We have the crib, dresser and rug in his room so far and Iโ€™m super glad we did that already so we have somewhere to store the stuff weโ€™re getting for him! Weโ€™re doing a jungle/safari theme. Heโ€™ll stay in a bassinet in our room at first but the nursery will be done before heโ€™s born. We get our glider in June!
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 8/14 / 26w

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: as long as a stalk of celery

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM&TTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

Baby's Name (if chosen): nothing yet

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: midwife appointment at the beginning of next monthย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: my back hurts if I lift my daughter too much and my pelvis hurts if I walk too far. My energy isnโ€™t completely in the toilet, though, so Iโ€™ll count that as a win

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: rave: the joggers I got from Jojo Maman Bรฉbรฉ are currently my favorite article of clothing. Theyโ€™re super comfy and they have room for me to grow. I wear them pretty much every day!

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: none right now

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans? For the first few months the twins will be sleeping with me. Then weโ€™ll put them together in the same crib in the nursery with my daughter. I think itโ€™s recommended that they sleep together until they start rolling around. Iโ€™m hoping I can get away with just buying one crib, then when itโ€™s time to separate them, getting my daughter a toddler bed and using the crib she sleeps in now for one of the twins.
  • @mk2022x it sounds like we have the same room layout with only 2 workable walls except the vent in ours is below the window. I would put the crib where the vent is. Itโ€™s not going to harm the baby at all and I think itโ€™s important to have proper air flow in the room to ensure itโ€™s properly heated/ACd as needed ๐Ÿ˜Š itโ€™ll get really stuffy if you cover it with the dresser.ย 
  • @laj0217 my work says around 1.5 months before the expected due date, but last time around I actually brought it in about 2 months early only bc my doctor at the time mentioned it.

Then of course I was earlyโ€ฆ I think most employers expect things to be off given the nature, but as long as itโ€™s before you leave it shouldnโ€™t matter. Iโ€™d also take into account how long your doctors office will take too to fill it out. I know with mine itโ€™s about 2 weeks and then I actually had to pick it back up again in person so it took about 3 considering everything.ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย sept 1 / 23+4

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: a chinchilla!ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: ftm

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: pink

Baby's Name (if chosen): settled for now we thinkย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: midwife in 2.5 weeks, glucose screen the week afterย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: pretty great these days. Besides some minor aches and pains and sometimes headaches I forget I am pregnant till she kicks!ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: no rants. Rave: we went on our mini-baby moon trip to Toronto, went to a show, the aquarium, swam in the hotel pool and ate some amazing food including Korean bbq. It was nice to just hang out together for two days doing all these experiences together and resting lots in the hotel between things. I donโ€™t think weโ€™ll get another over night trip in this summer due to renovations and such but it was lovely and good weather for walking around.ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€:ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans? We are finishing the basement so that one of the home offices can move down there and out of the second bedroom we have - that will become the baby room. I want to have it all done before end of July so that we are just able to chill after that. Bassinet in our room for first few months but I want to try to use crib for naps and the room for storing all the stuff and clothing from the get go. Doing a Woodland animals theme for bedding and art.ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  9/7 - 22+5

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: No idea anymore.ย 

Baby's Name (if chosen): TBD

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: March 23 for my 24 wk checkup and first week of June for my glucose test.

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Baby has been on my sciatic nerve sometimes, especially at night, so that has sucked. Other than that, I feel great!

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rants: Husband won't choose a name and it's driving me insane. Rave: Spent Mother's Day weekend in Atlanta seeing a Braves game and took our 4 year old to the aquarium. If you've never been to that aquarium and are anywhere in the SE, I highly recommend it. It was amazing!

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: natm.

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans?ย Well, my only plan so far is to set up the nursery in our guest bedroom. We will move the bed out of there, which I've also contemplated leaving in there for nights I may need it. Walls are already painted a light beige color, so my plan is to do everything else baby blue and white. I want it super clean and simple. No wall decals or anything. Baby will stay bedside in our room for the first couple of months, but I haven't decided what he's gonna be sleeping in yet. We already have a dock-a-tot which my daughter slept in, in between us, in our bed for a while. Then we just moved that to her crib. I'm sure most people disagree with this, but I did what I had to for sleep!ย 
  • savkromsavkrom member
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 9/30? 19w 3d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: mango and as tall as a jar of peanut butter

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink๐Ÿ’–

Baby's Name (if chosen): We are between Maeve Lee and Berklee(Berkeley)Grey

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 20 week anatomy scan Friday!๐Ÿ˜ฌ

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: ย Pretty good! Just anxious and excited for the anatomy scan. The appointments always make me nervous.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rants- deciding on a name is impossible ๐Ÿ˜ซ Raves- my husband is the most supportive person ever through everything and I canโ€™t wait to see him become a dad ๐Ÿฅฐ

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: For you second times or multiple times moms: when weโ€™re you able to feel the kicks externally?

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans? We had painted the nursery room a green color before finding out the gender and on one wall weโ€™re doing stickers of birch trees and bees with wall art of woodland animals and then pink bedding for baby girl. We figured weโ€™d keep everything else neutral so we donโ€™t have to change anything but the bedding for our next kiddo๐Ÿ˜Š
  • @savkrom I could feel them on the outside at about 19 weeks, but of course this is different for everyone based on your placenta location. Mine is between baby and my back.ย 
  • mk2022xmk2022x member
    @savkrom Iโ€™m a FTM but a few weeks ahead of you so Iโ€™ll reply!ย i agree with @whitta1015 above, it was right around 19w that my husband could start feeling kicks externally. Iโ€™m 22w now and I can see my belly pop up wherever he pushes out haha
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 9/29 19 weeks 4 days?

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: mangoย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: blueย 

Baby's Name (if chosen): between a couple

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 5/31 anatomy scanย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: alright. My body is tired though. I had a big weekend and wish I had more energy to do stuffย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: I hate how many people go outside now that the weather is nice. I like to have the park to myself with my daughter and our dogs lol

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: none. Someone asked about telling work or something. I need to get on that. Waiting until after anatomy scan bc Iโ€™ve been through previous loss.ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans?
    DD has a pink theme going. DS is going to chill in his bassinet and probably cosleep with us for awhile. It was a lot of work to do DD set up so will probably just wait for DS.ย 
  • @savkrom depends on where your placenta is. I'm 22+1 and have been feeling and seeing movements externally for a few weeks now. I don't remember with my first baby but I had posterior placenta then also so probably about the same time frame. I'm sure you will soon as well!
  • @savkrom I felt one the other day from the outside, but I'm a bigger person so I don't expect to feel much for awhile. The hardest part with feeling from the outside, is being able to know when and where to touch for me. I feel like once I go to feel where they've been kicking they decide to stop.ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  9/16; 21w3d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: endive

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: ttm

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: blue

Baby's Name (if chosen):ย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Thursday for PRI

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: mostly just tired from all the progesterone

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: I was able to buy a carseat, stroller, and pack and play for less than $270 because the boxes were a little torn up. I love me a good deal.ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans? Haven't even thought that far ahead.ย 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  Sept 27th / 19+6.
    ๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: As long as a strip of bacon.
    ๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out FRIDAY!
    Baby's Name (if chosen): N/A
    ๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: ANATOMY SCAN ON FRIDAY!
    ๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Farts are my best friend. I apologize if anyone finds that gross. I am Gaseous Rexius and I accept this, and on Friday, my stomach reiterated to me that I cannot sit leaned back anymore. I built up gas painful enough before noon that my stomach was a wreck for the rest of the day even with Famotadine and GasX. Today, my body off-gassed on its own <3
    ๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rant: My preggo-stomach is such a delicate little flower. My friend's daughter is an amazing baker and made meย quite possibly the tastiestย gluten free cupcake I've ever hadย with amazing frosting and legitimate homemade caramel on the side, and even though I split it between two eating opportunities today, my stomach is way upset with the world. ADDENDUM: I have had two massive farts in my sports-desolate classroom and feel much better. Sweet, divine powers that be, I feel so much better and it didn't even require meds.ย Rave:ย My MIL got me four Motherhood Maternity t-shirts and they fit great and I feel good in them, AND they show off the wee bump that could. One of my coworkers got all excited about being able to see the bump.
    ๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Did you know that basalt rock "grows" in columns and is oftentimes six-sided? I know that's more of a random fact, but I couldn't remember even though I should really know this so it's been bothering me. My husband was a river ranger on the lower Deschutes River (segment 4 on this map) and columnar basalt is ALL OVER THAT PLACE.
    OH ALSO ACTUAL QUESTION: What is your favorite full-panel pair of pants?
    ๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans? Depends on if we manage to swing a home (read: RV) upgrade/switch. Either "wherever baby fits" (current home) or garage section (if upgrade/switch) turned into nursery/office space. There's kind of a few things that would have to happen before July/August (preferably) for this to work out, so if y'all could hope for us in whatever way you personally prefer, that would be fabulous.
  • @pangolindrome ehhh moving 6 days pp 3 days after a c-section isn't all that great, but that's what I did last time. If it takes that long to find something (I know the market is crazy right now) let it.ย 
  • @kboydbowman I'll be thinking of you this week! I hope it goes quickly and all is well.

@mnmomma84 interesting! I also had COVID early on, but Kaiser hasn't raised any concerns at all as I never had a fever. That said, we're already being monitored frequently for other reasons, so maybe they just haven't mentioned it? Or maybe they aren't up on the data.

@pangolindrome fingers crossed for a home upgrade! It would drive me crazy to have things be so up in the air, so I hope you're staying sane despite the uncertainty.

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  Sept 25 / 20w1d (though they've said they won't let me go past 39 weeks, so that's clearly wrong!)

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: bell pepper, apparently

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink!

Baby's Name (if chosen): Ivy (most likely - we're waiting to meet her before we tell friends/family, just in case we don't think it's the right fit)

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: May 23rd and June 6th for cervical checks, June 22nd for another ultrasound with the MFM

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Huge! Which is dumb, because I know I'm going to keep getting bigger...but I have gone past the "maybe she's gained some weight" stage and into the "strangers staring at my stomach" stage. It's making me feel clumsy, and my back is sore, but so far it's a fun novelty rather than a total hassle. I'm well aware that I will feel differently as it gets hot and as I get bigger, so I'm trying to enjoy this stage while it lasts.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Very weak rant, but I'm just about done planning our registry/nursery/etc. and it's too early to start buying things, sending out the registry link, or setting up the nursery. I'm thinking I'll probably start prepping things after our 26 week scan. As someone who finds a lot of comfort in planning and researching, I'm fumbling to find things to do over the next few weeks. I'll take suggestions if anyone has them!ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Has anyone found any good online classes about birth, breastfeeding, newborn care, etc.? Kaiser gave me a number to call for their education programs, but I haven't gotten a call back.

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans? We'll start with a bassinet next to our bed, but we'll also set up a full nursery before the baby comes home. (We had friends who decided to wait until later and they had a lot to say about trying to assemble furniture while juggling a newborn!) I'll be giving up my office, which I never really use. The walls were painted light green by the people who used to live in our house, and I think we'll probably leave them as they are. I don't think we'll have a strict theme for the nursery or anything; for now I've been more focused on the necessities than on the decor.
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• @lilienne - my midwife recommended these YouTube videos from Holliday Tyson - I havenโ€™t started watching them yet but itโ€™s a few hours there. However it may be midwife focused and possibly Ontario healthcare biased? My area doesnโ€™t have in-person classes back up yet due to covid so Iโ€™ll be relying on online sources and reading a book on the birth stuff! My health area has a list of videos in lieu of the in-person, and many are from Penny Simkin on YouTube, or childbirthconnection.orgย 

@bigworldlittleg - the room looks great so far, thatโ€™s great inspo for me as I was thinking of leaving the light grey walls but I really like the sage and I love the art! My plan was to get similar art of individual animals too, probably somewhere on Etsy for frames I already have.ย 

• newbabymama27newbabymama27 member
    edited May 2022
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 19w5d, September 28ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: a mangoย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: finding out after anatomy scan!

Baby's Name (if chosen):ย will think about it after we find out the sex

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: anatomy scan on Wednesday! But OB appt to go over results a whole week later ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป Itโ€™ll be the longest week.

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: boobs and belly are growing but feeling good overall! This was my good spot last pregnancy too. The third trimester is when I get uncomfortable.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: rant: I hate working with people sometimes (Iโ€™m in HR). My clients are kind and respectful even when I deliver bad news, but one lady (whom Iโ€™ve never worked with) just went off on me due to her own issues. Rave: we booked a 3 day getaway for June at a nice lakeside resort to celebrate our wedding anniversary and Iโ€™m really looking forward to it. The toddler will be with the grandparents! Oh and potty training him has finally turned the corner for the betterโ€ฆ thank god! That was a tough tough 10 days.ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: not really baby related but any recommendations of twin beds with good storage for our toddler? We ordered a mattress already but need a good bed with storage underneath.ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans?ย Related to aboveโ€ฆ Weโ€™re moving our toddler to a big boy bed likely in July and pretty much reusing all his current stuff for the baby (itโ€™s a white crib, dresser, changing table, rocker). Iโ€™m thinking my current office wonโ€™t be able to fit all of that so I hope the toddler wonโ€™t be too upset to move there instead ๐Ÿ˜ฌ heโ€™ll be ok though. Weโ€™ll need to repaint it anyways and maybe he can pick out something for his wall, new bedding, etc. Then weโ€™ll need a new dresser and some sort of chair for his room because he still loves to read bedtime stories in a chair.ย 
  • savkromsavkrom member
    I have a posterior placenta too and have felt kicks internally since week 15 but every time I reach down to feel them with my hand I swear she stops ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜…. Itโ€™s driving me crazy/ making me feel like I am crazyย 
  • @jhysmath We know the one and we can have one built to spec. Our challenge is purely financial with how things have to line up. I would definitely hope not to need to do that, but I know that we will have help with the switch if we need it.
    @lilienne I am definitely staying sane. Our RV is great and I know what all needs done for a change to happen, but it would be awful nice if it did happen! Thank you!
  • melyraemelyrae member
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย Sept 1/ 23 +4ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: a Furbyย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM with my ๐ŸŒˆ

Baby's Name (if chosen):ย I think we have it down to our favourite but Iโ€™m nervous to call him that! What if we change our mind?!

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Friday- a maternity appt

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: uncomfortable. My body is sore, I can never sleep comfortably so I wake up still sore. But I am SO GRATEFUL for โ€œbaby bopsโ€ in my belly !!! I cried the other night because Iโ€™m going to miss such a beautiful feeling.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rave- hubby was sweet during Mothers Day and bought me flowers and a Starbucks Cup!!!ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: What are the items to splurge/spend on and what are the items to buy second hand/skip?ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans?ย itโ€™s coming along!!! Sometimes I spend my time in the rocking chair just staring at his little room, excited for whatโ€™s to come!
  • @melyrae to me, clothes are something itโ€™s great to get secondhand. You can always supplement with stuff, but they grow so quickly. Another big piece of advice is to just wait til close to your due date. You might find people give you a lot of what you need.ย 
  • @babywiik seconded on the good bras and clothes for breastfeeding. Your body will thank you!
  • savkromsavkrom member
    Ask and you shall receive I guess๐Ÿ˜… last night my husband and I were laying down to go to bed and we both got to feel her externally for the first time!๐Ÿฅฐ
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    @savkrom Iโ€™ve leaned more towards cautious in calling anything a baby kick. So, Iโ€™d say I definitely felt the baby at 20 weeks with a posterior placenta. Iโ€™m at 23 weeks now, and Iโ€™ve been feeling kicks on the outside for the last few days, but my husband just caught the first one last night. Itโ€™s very hit or Miss to have your hand in the right spot at the right moment.ย 

@melyrae this is my first, so Iโ€™d say take this with a grain of salt, but we got a bassinet, high chair, and swing second hand for big items. They were all easy to wipe down and throw soft parts in the wash. We also got some pacifiers from my SIL that my niece never used, and all of her neutral clothes/blankets.ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  9/2 | 23 + 4ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Grapefruit

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink

Baby's Name (if chosen): Waiting until she's born to decide for sure, but we have one!

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Friday! Routine visit with the midwives

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Great! Only complaint is my back gets pretty sore if I do a lot of bending down. We moved into our new house this weekend and I haaaate not being organized, but I quickly learned that I physically can't do all the unpacking/organizing I want to right now, which is hard.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Moving is the worst. ๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:ย So excited for double the space and to start doing some bathroom/kitchen updates!

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Are any other STM+ still nursing? I keep waiting for my milk to change/decrease and my 18 mo to lose interest, but it's not happening! Haha

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What are your nursery plans?ย We just had the room painted SW Pure White and I love it! We have a white crib and chair, so planning to add a big rug patterned rug with some color (sage and blush are my favorites right now) and keeping my eye out for a vintage dresser on Marketplace! I have a couple cute things that I took from my Grandma's house when she passed that I'll hang on the walls. Hoping for a simple, but cozy and meaningful space.