September 2022 Moms

May Appointments Thread

Share information about your upcoming/recent appointments.
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: May Appointments Thread

• Just got my anatomy scan results back.  The good news is that all the anatomy looks happy and good.  Fetal weight is on target. Also, my due date is now a day earlier - 9/13.  The bad is that, according to the anatomy scan, my cervix is down to 3.2 cm.  My cervical ultrasound an hour later with my OB read 3.7.  Still, that 3.2 makes me anxious - that would mean I've lost 1.5 cm over 4 weeks.  I emailed my doc to see if we need to do anything prior to my next scheduled check (5/12).
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• I was just comparing my 20 week scans between #2 and this one. They were done at the same hospital, I'm pretty sure by the same tech, and I'm a bit scared by the numbers on this one when my first was a giant baby and all of her measurements were significantly smaller than this one.  The scans were at 20+4 and 20+5 so not much different on days. My giant baby weighed 12 oz and this one weights 1lb. I so do not want to have a giant baby again, never mind having one bigger than my giant baby. My first who was 7lbs 2 oz at birth was only 9 oz at 19+1 but that was a different hospital and tech. 

Also thought it was nice to read the report that I needed the US because I was referred for "elderly" pregnancy really elderly? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Remember that the in utero weights are sheerly guesses based on other measurements - so take them with a grain of salt.
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman they were spot on with my daughter at 40 weeks so that scares me. 
  • Fuck.

Now they want me to do a 7 day IV antibiotic tx.  So now I have to see if both from the medical end and from the work end if I can come in to work with a port in my arm (last time it was only 3 days and I was able to swing it on my off days), and if not, get my doctor to sign off on a thingie to let me work from home for the week (they canNOT afford to have me not working for a week, but my boss HATES telework).
    Current pregnancy -

• Ok, I have an appointment for after work tomorrow to go get the saline lock put in.  I'm just going to keep coming to work and hope for the best.
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman Noooo. At this point I’m hoping I can just find someone who wants to deal with this for me so my midwife gets off my back about it. 

Apparently they’re the only ones who seem to think it’s important anyway so it probably really doesn’t matter at this point… 😂
  • ...and they're not going to let me come to work with the port in my arm without custody clearance, which will probably take longer to get than I actually have it in my arm for.  So I have to get the boss who hates telework to approve me to telework for Thursday and Monday (I'm already slated to do training from home for Wednesday), because they canNOT afford to have me off those two days because of the BIG MAJOR PROJECT.
    Current pregnancy -

• wisehwiseh member
    Nooooooo @kboydbowman to the IV antibiotics & also the shortened cervix. Did your doctor get back to you about a plan yet?

I have my dating scan next Friday but I am considering changing it to a different hospital. I posted in a Facebook group about the comments in my 12 week scan & how awful the quality was. There was an ultrasound tech said the machine they used was not supposed to be used for obstetric scans, but I am sure that it is the only machine they have. Would you guys try to find somewhere else as well? 
  • No, I emailed the doctor about the cervix and we'll see what she says. I suspect she's going to say we just need to see where we're at for the next scan next week
    Current pregnancy -

• @wiseh if it's possible to get somewhere else in a reasonable time I would, but I'm sure you'll end up on some sort of list especially with how remote you are. I would want a scan closer to 20 weeks if I could, then if they can't see everything request another else where. 
  • @jhysmath my first was in the 98th percentile at the anatomy scan, so we thought he was going to be huge, but he was 7 lbs 6 oz when he was born. Just some reassurance for you!
  • @lalarose22 thank you, that does supply some relief. 
  • So tired this morning.  I literally could fall asleep at my desk and I've only been here for 45 minutes.
    Current pregnancy -

• wisehwiseh member
    @jhysmath they wouldn't let me book it at 20 weeks & have booked it for 22 weeks. I am already 21 weeks & my scan is next Friday. The town I live in is supposed to be the birthing capital of the Pilbara so I am shocked they don't have better imaging equipment for obstetric scans. The next town over has way more availability than here so I am going to give them a call today. 
  • No photo description available
    Fun with at home IV antibiotics!  Day 1....six more days to go...
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman I hope the next six days go quickly for you and that the abx do their job!

Had my Week 25 appointment with the midwife today. I’m measuring 38cm, so that’s fun. 🙃
  • @csardaszz
    pics or it didn't happen lol
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman Hah! No pics with the tape measure, but I just snapped this one. I’m lying down. The bump on the left is my boob. I’m a B/C cup for scale.
  • @kboydbowman one of the CRNAs I work with sent me home with a sneaky IV and a saline bag because I was so dehydrated from throwing up all week I could feel my brain moving in my skull. It was amazing and I wish I could thank her but it’s a secret 🙃
  • @foreveronyourside we promise not to tell anyone
    Current pregnancy -

• @foreveronyourside Can you buy her a treat or beverage or something of her liking? Or would it be weird?  
  • Cervical length dropped from 3.3 two weeks ago to 2.8 today. I'm being put on vaginal progesterone but they let me know I may need a cerclage if the progesterone isn't helping. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @ashley35209 sorry to hear it, that must be stressful! Fingers crossed that the progesterone does the trick.
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• @ashley35209 Welcome to my s***** party. It sucks.
    Current pregnancy -

• I'm just trying to stay positive. If I continue to shorten at this rate I can at least keep him cooking another 10 weeks which will get me to 31 weeks. Much better than delivering at 25 weeks. But I'm really hoping this progesterone will be my savior. 
  • @pangolindrome I promised her I would scan her lumbar spine for “protocol development” lol 
  • @ashley35209 Keep us updated!! Hopeful that the progesterone does the trick! 
  • @ashley35209
    I've been doing that kind of math, too, and I've been on progesterone this whole time.  Mine only gets me to 29 weeks based on rate or projection though, if the anatomy scan measurement was right.  If my OB's measurement was right, I get to more like 34 weeks. :(  I hope mine slows down, and also that the OB's measurement is the correct one..
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman I've been on oral progesterone but now I get to add vaginal progesterone, too. I've been doing 200mg oral daily but he said that obviously isn't helping. He said to reduce the risk of premature birth I really need to be dosing vaginally. He also wants me to get it from a compound pharmacy because he says it absorbs better than the stuff you get from a typical pharmacy. 
  • Mine is vaginal - 100 mg tablet two times a day.  Get pantiliners.  Lots of them.
    Current pregnancy -

• Boo. I hate pantyliners. 
  • You'll hate soaked panties covered in white residue even more.
    Current pregnancy -

• I have my fetal echo on Monday. Has anyone ever had one of these before? 

I’m not anticipating that they will find any issues- this is a precaution because I was on a psych med that I was tapering off of when we first started TTC, and we ended up getting pregnant right away. So, I was technically still on the med for a short while while pregnant and my doctor recommended we do an echo just be safe. Anatomy scan last month looked completely fine when they visualized his heart so I am trying to tell myself there is nothing to worry about… but we all know how that usually goes :-/ 

If anyone has any experience with it, I would love to know how it went for you and what to expect 
  • @blanket_girl
    I haven't had one, but I've known people who have, and from my understanding it's going to seem a lot like an ultrasound, but perhaps also with some electrodes?
    Current pregnancy -

• @blanket_girl no experience but sending you internet hugs and hope all goes well at the appt
  • I can’t wait for the anatomy scan on Friday!!! I might have felt some flutters… but there’s almost no telling and I felt like my bump got smaller (it didn’t - my brain just did a thing) and I need that reassurance. 
  • Taking Friday morning to go to a chiropractor and then 2 Mondays taking the day to get a a wax because the place I go doesn't have weekend hours and I have sick time to use now that I'm leaving here. 
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    Doctor appt this morning. She said the foot pain is likely from ligaments stretching in my feet and trying to do too much. No evidence of unusual/concerning swelling. She said take it easy this weekend, take Tylenol for the pain, and wear more supportive shoes. 

Also, I am “on track” for weight gain now instead of under, so I guess that’s good? Glucose test is on the 31st and OB appts are now every 3 weeks instead of 4. Glad that timing worked out with summer break and I don’t have to use any more sick leave (at least until school goes back in August)!