September 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms, 5.2

kboydbowmankboydbowman member
edited May 2022 in September 2022 Moms
Raaaaaandom.
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly randoms, 5.2

• Options
    pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    My bump now touches my desk when I sit like normal. It took me a while to figure out what was different. Also, the maternity camis I got from Target feel WEIRD but not in a bad way.
  • Options
    I’ve eaten a jar of pickles every week now. I feel like Vlasik is sponsoring this pregnancy. I’ve always loved pickles, but now I have no self control so jars only last so long. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lucyg00cy
    little baby Vlasik?
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    @lucyg00cy My first pregnancy (that unfortunately ended in miscarriage at 7 weeks), we named the baby Dilbert, or Dill, because I wanted pickles constantly. That babe will always be my little Pickle. 🥰
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @pangolindrome My first pregnancy I went from being the best shape of my life to being 185lbs and I looked in the mirror it was like looking in a fun house mirror. I didn’t even recognize myself, it was really weird. I never took any pictures and deleted a bunch from my baby shower but minus a little bit of loose skin and stretch marks it all went back! You’re still in there!!! You will go back to “normal!” You’re beautiful and you’re making a HUMAN CHILD🥰 it’s all completely worth it. 
  • Options
    @foreveronyourside Thank you. I was already overweight at 175, but I’m in good shape and my body is really ANNOYINGLY happy at that weight. It didn’t even change when I ran the half marathon. I imagine it was quite startling to have your experience, but also huge yes, our bodies are doing amazing things!!!
  • Options
    Down side of an in home daycare.... No back up when she catches the stomach bug that was going around. I'm stuck at home because my husband has to prep his students for their state test next week. So me and the almost 2 year old her to hang out today. I'm looking forward to taking a nap with her. 
  • Options
    mk2022xmk2022x member
    I woke up today already needing a nap. Lol 😅
  • Options
    @mk2022x same girl same.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    Naps are life. I want a fat nap.

I also look forward to my husband eating the donut I grabbed because Tiny Taylor doesn't care that I'm celiac, I was not leaving the mail room without it.
  • Options
    For anyone interested, https://babytula.com/ is having a 25% off site wide sale for Mother’s Day (through the 8th) with coupon code moms2022. 

They have all kinds of baby carriers, blankets, etc. We actually used this brand last time and I (and baby) really liked it and if definitely helped when all baby wanted was to be held but I still had loads to get done. 🙂
  • Options
    melyraemelyrae member
    I got invited to a friends stagette. It is after 9pm. Downtown (I live in the burbs) at a karaoke bar. I don’t want to go. But she told me at work the other day how she really really wants me to be there and hopes I can make it. Ughhhh I wish I could just be honest and be like “I just don’t want to”. 
  • Options
    @melyrae Maybe tell her you'll come, but let her know that you'll only be able to stay for like 45 minutes or an hour and then leave early?
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @melyrae oh I would be the same - I am relaxing by 8pm and getting in bed by 9:30 these days. I had a hard time planning to go in person to prenatal yoga knowing I’d be home after 8:30! I would totally go to someone’s dinner or pre-bar catch up at their house - but not up for anything where I would need to leave the house after 8 these days! 
  • Options
    @melyrae I told my coworkers that I’m an automatic no for outings outside of work 😂 no shame at all. Also, I might have to google what a stagette is? Sounds like a divorce thing? Yay? Haha 
  • Options
    @foreveronyourside I’m guessing like a bachelorette party? Female version of a stag night?
  • Options
    @pangolindrome Am I that negative? Maybe 🤔 
  • Options
    melyraemelyrae member
    @pangolindrome @foreveronyourside it’s the same thing as a bachelorette party !!! The terms are used interchangeably here. (Obviously not everywhere else?!?) 
  • Options
    @melyrae Forgive me, I grew up in a town of 800 people in MN and still live in the area haha that’s my excuse lol 
  • Options
    @kboydbowman congrats! That’s a great feeling . 

One thing I miss about working  is that feeling of accomplishment on getting something done or finishing up a project and watching hard work pay off. One of the hardest transitions to staying home was not being able to complete a task in one sitting. I’m used to it now but something silly like not finishing the dishes without having to stop would be so frustrating. Actually, I guess now my littlest is older (almost three) and I actually can complete some tasks without interruption… gah now I’ve gone and scared myself for going back to newborn/infant days 😂
  • Options
    wisehwiseh member
    @mk2022x I have been having the most vivid dreams that I wake up after having been awake in my dreams for 8 hours. I am wrecked all the time 😅

Glad it went well @kboydbowman
  • Options
  • Options
    mk2022xmk2022x member
    @wiseh oh gosh!! I hope you can get some good sleep soon, I could not function! I can’t wait for little man to be here but I’m already missing my sleep 😂 my hubby can function on little to no sleep already but it’s going to wreck me haha
  • Options
    @mk2022x you will be amazed at how little of sleep you can function on once he is here!! Before my first babe, I needed 8+ hours of sleep every night. I haven't gotten that in over 18 months now and I'm somehow still alive :p
  • Options
    @lalarose22 I can function on less sleep these days, but it's not a good level of functioning (2.5 years in). I think everyone just has a different level of what will work for them, so it's a valid fear.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @mk2022x I'll second what @lalarose22 said I was an 8 hours a night and most days that I could took at least a 1.5 hour nap. It took a lot of getting used to, but you survive pretty well on surprisingly nothing. 
  • Options
    @mk2022x One thing I did love about the erratic sleep patterns of the newborn period was being able to drink coffee at any weird hour!
  • Options
    @mk2022x it’s funny because it’s a shock at first but then you get used to it. I remember feeling like a zombie for the first bit and even my vision went all wonky and I could barely read anything on my phone. But then one night instead of 1-2 hour stretches of sleep, I got a whole 4 hour stretch and I felt like I slept for 12 LOL I remember telling my husband I felt like a new woman. 
  • Options
    Living everyday like a zombie with no sleep makes you so appreciate all you have to do is pee and get back in bed 🤣 I keep reminding myself the upcoming zombie period is temporary! Because wow! I was so tired I was hallucinating! Then woke up to feed and change diapers and still worked 8+ hours. How did I do it the first time. How. 
  • Options
    @foreveronyourside omg yes! I forgot about the hallucinations. Everything was such a blur 😅 huge props to you for also working 8 hours the next day. I was fortunate enough with a long mat leave so I didn’t have to do that. Not that I could ever nap even when not working, I just am not a napper. Couldn’t do it. 
  • Options
    melyraemelyrae member
    Dear goodness this sounds awful. Haha. 
    I LOVE my sleep so this is the part I’m so scared about. Like I’m legitimately scared my body will physically not be able to take care of both me and baby without sleep and I’ll just fail somehow…

(also coming from a place of fear of not having family nearby to help and hubby will be at work so … it’s just me and babe!) 
  • Options
    Just had some kicks I could actually feel from the outside!  Subtle but definitely there!
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    Re: sleep. I was so nervous about not getting enough sleep. As a teenager, if I didn't get a full night's sleep for 2 nights in a row I'd end up with strep throat. Thankfully, I found out it I was infecting myself and got my tonsils out 1.5 years before having my first baby but I was still so nervous. There were some mornings I'd lay my daughter on the floor (before she could move) and then lay next to her and doze. Some days, when she woke up, I'd feed her and lay her back in her bassinet beside the bed, keep the lamp on and doze beside her. She'd be cooing and I'd half heartily wiggle my fingers above her for something to look at. Middle of the night, I'd nurse her laying on my side and we'd all fall asleep. I'd put my arm out and sort of make a box around her. It wasn't comfortable but I knee I wouldn't be able to roll over her. You figure it out and everyone survives.
  • Options
    @melyrae you would be amazed at what you’re capable of and you will certainly not be a failure! Sorry for scaring you, honestly. That was not my intention. I found the challenge for me was to take care of ME but my baby was 100% happy and thriving even if I was tired. I had trouble having enough energy to make myself food so I’m already telling myself I’ll need to work on that with this babe. 
  • Options
    kboydbowmankboydbowman member
    edited May 2022
    Welcome back! You were actually one of the people I was worried about, because you dropped off of my active list since you hadn't posted in a minute :)
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @kboydbowman Thank you! All is good. I always got on during work, because it's just easier on the desktop, but I had to feel out my new job first. haha