Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Wednesday, 4/27

mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
edited April 2022 in Trying to Get Pregnant

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: WTO Wednesday, 4/27

• Options

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, BBT, HIU, vitamins

R/R: This pimple on my face has made a friend and I'm so annoyed. Right on my chin too, so I keep accidentally touching there and going OOF stop!! Ugh. I'm trying to figure out how to revise/revamp my current skincare routine because my face desperately needs it. I bought a bunch of things today so we'll see. I'm so clueless on this stuff honestly. I was made to have older sisters and somehow I'm the oldest of 2, I'm always going to them for advice on what they use and what they do :D

CS/Q: Low LH still.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

@mrsmtothek ugh, sorry about your pimple squad. I just use cetaphil during the winter, but I use First Aid Beauty in the summer months. If you run on the oilier side I LOVE FAB, they have a red clay scrub that is phenomenal. 

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: CM, CP, PNVs, OPKs, HIO

R/R: My rant is that my allergies are already starting and I slept so horribly because I couldn't breathe. Rave is that it's supposed to be warm for 5 straight days starting tomorrow or Friday!

CS/Q: NATM

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrsmtothek ooof ouch! That sounds painful. I have no advice for skincare routine as I also didn't have an older sister, or any sister for that matter to help guide me. Total tomboy over here.
    @bbrahmbhatt Allergies are so bad!! My H took 2 benadryl last evening since we were out of any other non drowsy meds. He passed out on the couch at 8pm and left me to take the trash cans out. harumpf

Month/Cycle: 15/4AL

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: (im)patiently waiting to see if this double dose of clomid is going to help get me KU.

R/R: I've had  steady mild cramping the last 2 days. I'm assuming it's the clomid doing it's job? hoping? fingers crossed? I'm still doing an OPK each day to make sure I didn't have some hidden follicle somewhere that they couldn't find and it's about to ovulate on it's own. lol

CS/Q: nope.

TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options

Month/Cycle: 1

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, OPK

R/R: My husband pointed out to me that I had a little piece of seaweed stuck in between my teeth long after I had already run some errands and smiled at lots of people. 

CS/Q: Just generally new at this…I’m just coming off birth control and hoping my cycle will start to figure itself out. I am CD 10 and thinking of starting OPKs but don’t really feel like I’m going to be ovulating soon. I guess kind of a gut feeling. Is now a good time to start?

@mrsmtothek I am so totally clueless when it comes to skincare too! And makeup quite honestly. I went to Ulta the other day for new foundation and felt like they took advantage of me the way oil change places take advantage of women some times haha. I have two older brothers so it was never something I paid any attention to until recently. Sorry about the painful pimple though! Those are the worst. 

@bearmomma1 Fingers crossed the Clomid  does the trick. Having patience is so very hard. 

• Options
    ejoseph16ejoseph16 member
    edited April 2022
    @iiirene depending on how long your cycle is, you may be getting close to start OPK. I start testing around CD14 because I run around 30-35 day cycles. 

ETA: lurking from TWW! 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    *lurking from IF hell*
    @iiirene if i were you i'd be starting OPKs by CD10. My cycle is relatively short (26-27 days) and I sometimes ovulate as early as CD11 (usually cd 12 or sometimes 13). that means I sometimes am already starting to show a progressing line as early as CD9, with a strong positive by CD10 or 11. You'll start figuring out your cycle better if you wind up sticking around for a few months, but you'll feel better "wasting" OPKs on non-fertile days if you go ahead and buy a box of cheapies from amazon or similar.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Options
    @optimistgardener @ejoseph16 thanks for the advice! I took one today and it was super negative. I’m eager  for my cycle to get back to normal but not sure how long that will take.