January 2023 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• charmnomgocharmnomgo member
    edited May 2022
    Introduce yourself: Hi, I’m Gina

Due date: 01/07/2023

How you found out: missed period, though had spotting, which I didn’t have during my first pregnancy, Beta-HCG during an IVF round and confirmed home pregnancy test.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I have a 2 year old daughter who turns 3 soon; I work in tax operations for an NYC asset manager; I like to clean a little and rest a lot when not chasing after my toddler so naturally my home is always a mess; I have a supportive husband who is usually thoughtful. 

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)? Man, I’m tired by 9:30 pm every night. I’m feeling little twinges here and there. I’m on Endometrin, so lots of bloating and fun in my pants.  Nausea and heightened smell is kicking in, sometimes my breasts tingle, and I cry at sappy memes, commercials, and posts. I have lower back pain and try to walk a mile a day, which is easy with my commute.

• Hi, Atiyaah. Due Jan 11, 2023. First pregnancy, excited and nervous. My husband and I own a cat, he is a darling. Both husband and the cat haha. No symptoms so far, hopefully things go smooth
  • Loading the player...
  • fj0523fj0523 member
    edited May 2022
    Introduce yourself:
    Hi, I’m Faith (25 turning 26 in July)😊 this is my first pregnancy 5 weeks and 1 day today.

Due date:
    1/14/23

How you found out:
    My husband and I really tried for the first time after I used ovulation strips. He went away for work for two weeks and I became sick. I kept having hot flashes and feeling like I was going to faint but I was so focused on being sick that it didn’t occur to me I could be pregnant. I took a test the next morning at 10 dpo and there was a faint but very clear line!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    My husband and I got married on 5/1/21 and I’ve been off of birth control since then. I expected to get pregnant sooner and was using an app that predicted my ovulation but it was completely off! We live in an apartment right now but are going to start looking for houses soon (terrible time, I know). We have two cats that we are obsessed with! I work from home and he is in a high stress job.
    My husband has a balanced chromosome translocation so I am at about double the risk for miscarriage than the average female. I’m praying that this baby sticks but grateful to even be able to get pregnant! 

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)?
    I had a cold at first but luckily that went away. My motion sickness that I already get is now heightened. I’ve been cramping on and off, same for lower back pains. My boobs hurt, but I am happy to have any symptom I can get! 
  • edited May 2022
    Hi!! Also following in the very cautiously introducing myself club as we just found out and it’s extremely early.

Introduce yourself: I’m 28, married to my high school sweetheart!

Due date: unsure but the app says Jan 17th

How you found out: Went to Disney and wanted to drink around the world in EPCOT. Took multiple tests and they were neg. Woke up on a Friday morning, just had the urge to test once more, and it was positive!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    I’m a therapist for youth and adolescents. It’s great most days! This will be our first human baby, but we have a dog and cat. I love to read and craft. My spouse is a salesman, so he’s on the road a bit.

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)? I’m a little freaked about feeling so excited so early. I feel SICK. Every symptom, I have. Emotionally I am a wreck. I so desperately want to be so happy, but I can’t shake the feeling like something bad will happen. I have cramping daily and every single time it gets in my head that something is wrong, I start panicking. Full on panic attack with loss of vision and numb legs. I know I’m only making it worse for myself, but the fear is so real. Any and all kind words or suggestions are welcome.

Looking forward to have this space to share with you all.
  • My son is the same age as yours. Turns 6 end of August and starts K in "fall" Just found we're expecting #2.
  • 2023 Moms
    Introduce yourself: hi I'm Julie

Due date: 1/9 according to calculator

How you found out: took a test. Missed period. Although I don't always have a regular period was noticing some body changes. Took 2 tests actually since I was shocked.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) Have 1 son (5.5) I'm in the market research industry. --I schedule mystery shops basically.

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)? Mix of emotions. Wanted this for so long and never had success at getting pregnant again. Worried of my age (late 30s) and the age gap of our kids (If all goes well)
  • I live in AZ. I'm glad I won't be at the tail end of this pregnancy during those hot months.
  • > @cmk7213 said:
    > Introduce yourself:
    >
    > Hey! I’m a mom of 2 from OR and am so excited to be here!
    >
    > Due date: Jan 20
    >
    > How you found out:
    >
    > Obsessively taking pregnancy tests for the past week. Got a positive tonight.
    >
    > Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    >
    > I have 2 other kids, 4(B) and 8(G) and this is my 4th pregnancy. My last was a surrogacy and I delivered that babe almost a year ago. I stay home with my kiddos and homeschool and occasionally work at our local school district as a substitute. I’ve been married to my husband for about 5.5 years :)
    >
    > How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)?
    > So far so good. I’m nervous but excited. I ended up with pre eclampsia during my surrogacy and while my doctor said I’m safe to get pregnant with my husband again, I can’t help but worry a bit. I’m also very nervous about the morning sicknesses that will likely hit me soon. It seems to get worse with each of my pregnancies, and last time it was absolutely horrible.
    >
    > I’m excited to get to know everyone!

Gd bless you for being a surrogate mom to another mom. As someone who has struggled to get pregnant the 2nd time it brings tears of joy to see the kindness.
  • atlnewbatlnewb member
    edited May 2022
    Edit. Ignore this. Still learning. Hah!
  • bwow615bwow615 member
    edited May 2022
    Hi all! I’m an older mom (currently 38) with 2 kids. Soon to be 7 yo boy and 4 yo girl. 

Due date: Jan 23 based on lmp

How you found out: took a test today… had a feeling. 

I have 2 other kids… we have been talking about whether we were going to try for a third. I came off hormonal bc in July and had an oops in planning! So here we are. I’m excited, but shocked. I think our family will now be complete after this babe. I am a sahm, since 2020, and my partner is in IT. We have 7 month old goldendoodle and recently moved to Florida. We love hikes, going to the beach, and all the area parks. (We also homeschool)

Basically shocked. Period is 5 days late, so thought I was just having menstrual symptoms, cramping in the back/lower abdomen. And just a little more tired than usual.
  • Introduce yourself: Hi! I’m Jessica! I’m a STM - just found out this evening that I’m pregnant again. I will be almost 33 and my son will be 7 when my second child is born, eek!

Due date: January 22, 2023

How you found out: took a test!

I have been married to my husband for 7 years. We have a 7yo son, 2 cats, and a dog. We enjoy our son’s sporting events and his other various activities. Our hobbies are whatever he is into!

I am feeling super bloated and having some lower abdominal pressure. Feeling pretty anxious, as well, as we were not preparing for a baby.
  • It’s so wonderful to be here and to meet you all!

Introduce yourself: Like @L1C4gal I’m also VERY cautiously introducing myself, because it’s so early. I’m Jesele, I’m 34 and this is my first pregnancy. My husband and I started TTC on our honeymoon in Italy last month and it’s safe to say we did a good job! Lol

Due date: January 10, 2023

How you found out: We we’re fresh off the plane from Italy and I felt flu-ish for a few days. I actually was worried I’d gotten COVID, but the test I took before the flight home was negative. I took a preggo test and it, too, was negative. I was exhausted so I chalked it up to jet lag and PMS. A week later, my period was late (which is common for me, she’s unruly), so I took another pregnancy test, and it was positive!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) First time mom, current dog mom to the world’s most mild-mannered Siberian husky. I work in higher ed marketing & communications, but I’m a writer at heart. My husband and I live in the mountains in NH and we love all things outdoors, reading, and playing music together (we’re both hobbyist musicians).

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)? Emotionally, extremely nervous about miscarriage because I feel like I don’t know anyone whose first pregnancy didn’t miscarry, who actually went full term with her first baby. It seems so precarious, and I’ve been worried sick. Other than that though, I feel good, just tired and peeing ALL the time.

I’m actually stoked about having a winter baby. Winter is my favorite season (thank you, hygge attitude and picturesque NH mountains) and my best friend growing up was also born on my due date, the 10th.
  • Introduce yourself: Hi everyone! I’m Sarah :)

Due date: 1/19/23

How you found out: some early symptoms, confirmed with BFP yesterday:)

My husband and I live in the foothills outside of Denver with our 2 big dogs, cat, and a bunch of chickens. This will be our first baby! Hoping for our rainbow after a mmc in November at 10 weeks. 

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)? My symptoms are starting to progress, mostly my boobs ache and I’m hungry all the time. But I know they are going to get worse 😬 Emotionally, I am feeling excited and relieved. The last few months of trying after a miscarriage have been really draining. Now I can finally celebrate again!
  • itsmejayitsmejay member
    edited May 2022
    Introduce yourself: Hi All! My name is Jess.

Due date: 1/20/2023

How you found out: My cycle is usually every 28 days so when I didn’t see any signs of my period coming this month, I decided to test on day 29 using an expired test I had lying around, not thinking anything of it. To my surprise, it showed a dark positive line right away. I was in denial that maybe it was a false positive since test was expired so I went and bought another test the next day, only for it to produce an immediate big fat positive also. Confirmed with a blood test at the docs, and here I am!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I think I may be the ‘oldest’ mama on here at 41. This is my 3rd pregnancy. My husband and I have 2 daughters, ages 5 and 7. We thought our family was complete but deep down inside, we’ve always wanted a boy. I thought I was too old to conceive anymore but surprisingly, it happened right away.

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)? Excited but nervous at the same time, given my age. No symptoms other than light pressure in lower abdomen.
  • Excited and nervous sums it up! So glad to meet you all! ❤️
  • My name is Sarah and I am pregnant about 5 wks. I previously had an ectopic and lost my right Fallopian tube back in December. I have one amazing 21 month old daughter.

I found out I was pregnant this past Friday 5/13 via a home test. Got a positive with an afternoon pee, so I felt confident that I was pretty positive.

I’m nervous since my last was an ectopic and my first was a little difficult due to unpredictable periods. I am so happy but of course nervous. I went today for an ultrasound and hcg test due to my recent ectopic. The could not yet see the sac but again, it’s early. I go back on Friday for a repeat ultrasound and blood work. I feel a little crampy and soreness in my boobs.
  • @sarahflem I can totally relate to your nervousness. My last was ectopic as well, and lost a tube too. I know how hard it is to not let the worry take over, just know you aren't alone! ❤️
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Introduce yourself: my name is Ashley. I’m 32 (almost 33) and this is my second pregnancy, but hopefully ends in a better outcome! My last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage before 8 weeks.

Due date: 1/15/2023

How you found out: I took a clear blue test when my period was 3 days late.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I work in insurance verification for an ophthalmology practice. I live with my boyfriend and my stepdaughter. We have an old grumpy cat and a young, hyper dog that we rescued last year. In my downtime, I love to write.

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)? Emotionally, I feel very anxious. I want so badly for this pregnancy to be healthy and viable. 🤞🤞🤞
    Physically, I’m exhausted. My boobs HURT and I’ve been hit recently with random bouts of nausea throughout the day. I’ve also begun getting nauseated almost every time I eat a meal in general, so that’s been fun lol.
  • dwightsnutedwightsnute member
    edited May 2022
    ♥️
  • L1C4galL1C4gal member
    @dwightsnute love your user name :D
  • Introduce yourself: my name is Juliana. I'm 26 and this is my first pregnancy! Surprisingly, we got pregnant on our first try.

Due date: 1/21/2023

How you found out: I had a very strong feeling I was pregnant because I'm quite sensitive to my period symptoms and could tell what my body was experiencing was not going to be my period. I took one pregnancy test too early (2 days before my period was due) and it was negative. Then took 2 more tests yesterday and both were positive! I was (and still am) shocked.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) My husband and I have been together for 6 years, married for 4. We have a sweet 3 year old golden retriever who is going to be the best big "sister" to our baby. I work remotely from home and am hoping to continue working, at least part time, after the baby comes. We just bought our first home, moved in Saturday and Sunday, then found out we were pregnant on Monday. Oh, and my husband also got a killer new job offer on Monday too. So a LOT of change all happening at once for us!!

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)? I already feel a lot of symptoms - cramping, EXTREMLY hungry all the time, bloating/gas, constipation and slight nausea/upset stomach. Also have a strong spicy food craving already haha. Emotionally I'm still in shock. My husband and I debated for a while if we wanted to have kids and felt a sudden change in our hearts that we were ready.. Then literally right after we decided we were ready, we got pregnant on the first try. We are so grateful and don't take that for granted because we know it can be hard for many women to get pregnant, but it's very shocking mentally because the decision to have kids was a quick one for both of us and we got pregnant so fast I feel like I hadn't even mentally prepared yet!
  • Congrats Mama's! We did it! 🙌

Introduce yourself: Cassie Lyon

Due date: 1/20/2023

How you found out: I took an at home test because I needed to find out so I could schedule our vacation 🌴 Surprise! We have to reschedule 🤣❤

Tell us about yourself: 
    We have a 21 month old, his name is Asher. We have 2 dogs, a border collie/sharpei mix and a blue heeler/lab mix. We live in Utah so we love the outdoors so hiking and camping. Our family loves to go the the amusement park near us and try to have any adventure we can. 

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)? I am feeling elated! We've been ttc for 10 months so I am just over the moon. I'm bloated and gassy and have painful joints, I can't get enough water but have have to pee 5000 times a day. I have a high heart rate and am starving all the time. I wouldn't trade it for anything 🥰
  • Wow! You are so amazing to be a surrogate 💜 I wish all the blessings for you and this pregnancy! 🙏 
  • etnyahetnyah member
    Introduce yourself: - Hi! Nice to meet you all, I’m Kristin.

Due date: - 1/23/23 based on cycle, but really 1/27/23 based on ovulation.

How you found out: - Took a test at 10dpo (two days ago), it was so faint I convinced myself it was an evap line. Yesterday it was slightly darker, this morning a tiny bit darker again so I’m staying cautiously optimistic for now (emphasis on the “cautiously” part). We’ve been trying since January.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) - My husband and I have been together 9 years, married almost 7. We have a 3 year old son, he’s a February baby so he’ll be almost 4 if this pregnancy works out.

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)? - Physical symptoms: sore boobs, pelvic pressure/mild cramps. Kind of feels like AF is around the corner (I still haven’t missed my period, so very early days!). Had a tiny bit of implantation spotting. Emotionally: Nervous! I’m generally a pretty laid back person, but with TTC and pregnancy I have zero chill. I’ve peed on a million sticks and I scrutinize every single one. I’ll still keep it up for probably about a week, did the same last pregnancy. Still can’t believe this is happening! 
  • tatumstollertatumstoller member
    edited May 2022
  • pm88pm88 member
    Hello! I’m Priscilla from Texas and I’m 33 years old. I’m pregnant with my 3rd. 

Due Date: 1/11/2023 currently 6w1d

How I Found Out: I tested on the day I was supposed to get my period. So 3w 6d, I just had a feeling and it was true. 

Myself: I am a Labor and Delivery nurse, I have 2 daughters (5 & 2 1/2), and my husband and I just celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. 

Feelings: I’m nauseous on and off, bloated and my breasts are tender. 
    I had morning sickness with my first from 5-16 weeks. 
    My second was 7-17 weeks. 
    So I’m ultimately nervous to experience all of that again. 

I’m excited for baby number 3. But it doesn’t really sink in until my first appt which will be in about 3 weeks (on my hubby’s birthday). 
  • L1C4galL1C4gal member
    @jgolson18 I'm a tenure-track assistant professor too! Solidarity on the stress...I'm typing this at 1:23 AM while I desperately try to wrap up final grades :D I'm in urban planning, and I research the connections between transportation (especially walking and bicycling) and public health/health equity. Nice to "meet" you!
  • Introduce yourself: 4th pregnancy here. 3 were eptopic.

Due date: 1/20/23

How you found out: Took an at home test when I noticed my breast were sore.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) Married with a dog. Nurse.

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)? I’m feeling nervous that it’s another eptopic pregnancy, I should know June 2nd. I’ve had sore breast, light stomach cramping, bloating, and fatigue.
  • Introduce yourself: I’m 35 and this is my 2nd pregnancy. First ended in miscarriage and D&C in early December. 

Due date: Jan 20

How you found out: took a pregnancy test day before I should have gotten my period. I’m weirdly regular since the miscarriage and was just curious. A faint line so I took another test to confirm. BFP!!

Tell us about yourself: Married for almost 3 years. Wildlife biologist. 2 lovely dogs, 9 and 10 years old. 

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)? The pregnancy hasn’t fully hit me yet since I don’t have any symptoms yet. But last time the symptoms started at about 6 weeks, so im not concerned yet- I’m sure they are coming soon. Mostly worried cuz of the last miscarriage but remaining hopeful. It’s helpful to see that so many other woman have gone through the MC route and are still remaining positive and having healthy babies. This was the first month we started trying since MC. Excited to be on this journey again!
  • Introduce yourself: My name is Anna, I just turned 30 and this is my first pregnancy!

Due date: 1/20/2023ish?

How you found out: Positive pregnancy test after period was 3 days late

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I’m looking for a new job right now. I have one pitbull named Kleo and a husband who I used to work with in personal finance. I’ve been sober since 3/22/2022!

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)? Mild cramps, a little tired but nothing too bad at all. Emotionally anxious af and freaking out every other hour but grateful!
  • Hi I’m Jessica !!

Due date: Early Jan 2023

About me: Been married for 2 years. I had a miscarriage late last year that took a huge toll emotionally. But we’re hoping everything is well this time around. This would make me a first time mother so I’m really excited and hopeful.

I’m feeling a mix of emotions all over. Nauseous most days, I feel like every smell triggers me. But overall good. Taking walks and laying down has definitely helped
  • Introduce yourself: Hi, I'm Mallory! I'm 30, and this is my first pregnancy.

Due date: January 11th, 2023

How you found out: I was late for my period so took a test.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)    I work in accounting for a large hardware store in Northern California. My partner and I have been together for 9 years, engaged for 7 of those, and were actually planning on getting married in early April, but I don't know if that's gonna happen now lol. He has a 16 year old son who has lived with us since he was 7. I love my bonus son, and we are all so excited to be adding another sibling to the mix. We have two dogs, a Border Collie and an American Bulldog.

Emotionally, I'm a bit of a wreck. I'm beyond excited for this baby, but I've been dealing with some mental health struggles. I actually went off my birth control pills because they sparked a bout of severe depression. I started taking Prozac, which was doing wonders for me, but I've stopped taking it since finding out I'm pregnant. I'm nervous to try to control my depression without medication. 

Physically, I'm very tired and nauseous. And thirsty.
  • Introduce yourself: Arneshia

Due date: January 23, 2023

How you found out: At home pregnancy test

I am married and have 6 children at home. We also have a dog and a Guinea Pig. We love doing anything fun. I own my own business and I also have a regular job.

I have every symptom possible. We are so happy. This is our rainbow baby.