October 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-In 4/25

2»

Re: Weekly Check-In 4/25

• Options
    Thanks @bows22 - you all have made me feel better!
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    @sandy5693 I don't think pregnant and patient work in the same sentence!! haha  But hopefully you feel something sooner!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sandy5693 like everyone says it's just different and I have huge long legged babies so I think that helps. 
  • Options
    • 𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  oct 8/ 17 weeks today

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: pomegranate 

𝗙𝗧𝗠/𝗦𝗧𝗠/𝗧𝗧𝗠+/𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱: 4th baby

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: finding out (kids want us all to find out together, so we're hoping to do a mini gender reveal just for us)

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: May 17 is next midwife appt, then anatomy scan is May 25 (I was hoping for sooner since I'll be over 20 weeks already, but oh well)

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: I had covid and then gastro, along with the usual exhaustion, headaches, and nausea of the 1st trimester, but now that they're done, I'm getting my energy back, which is good because we're doing some renos to our house so we all fit after baby arrives (currently 3bdrm house, this is 4th baby!) Overall, having insomnia, tire out more easily, and get breathless

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: insomnia sucks, pregnancy dreams are fun, and I felt baby move yesterday!

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀:

• Options
    𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  October 1st / 18 weeks 

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: artichoke, slingshot…lol

𝗙𝗧𝗠/𝗦𝗧𝗠/𝗧𝗧𝗠+/𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱: STM

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: Pink!

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: We have an appointment with maternal fetal medicine May 11 with a detailed scan. I’m considered high risk because of my age, the fact that we did IVF, and my history with gestational hypertension. May 13th we have anatomy scan. So two ultrasounds in a week. I’m very excited to see her since the last scan was at 8 weeks but also nervous. 

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: Umm depends on the day. Been struggling with heartburn and burping, pressure after eating. Also headaches which just kinda take it out of me. Heartburn is manageable with meds and sometimes Tylenol helps the headaches. 

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: Feeling the baby move some off and on. Looking forward to feeling her more consistently. 

Questions: Anyone have experience with mfm appointments? I’ve never been and I’m extremely nervous. 
  • Options
    I've seen MFM with all my pregnancies and it's not a big deal. They do an in depth scan and then usually go over it with a doctor shortly after. It can take awhile but they just look at everything. 
  • Options
    @amille525 I’ve been seeing the MFM - also over 35 and IVF and some other medical conditions. It’s not been stressful other than of course being anxious for each scan (but that’s me for any appointments). The doctors have been very calm and have given me long detailed scans to make sure growth is happening as it should, etc. A nice plus is we usually get some high quality pictures too!
  • Options

• 𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  oct 28/14 weeks

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: peach

𝗙𝗧𝗠/𝗦𝗧𝗠/𝗧𝗧𝗠+/𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱: FTM

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: finding out as soon as my natera results come back

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: May 13...not really sure what happens at this appt since it's not 20 weeks

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: Physically good. More anxious. Racing thoughts 2-4am. Relying on my maternity pillow to break my lifetime habit of stomach sleeping. My lease is up a few days after due date. I'm already worried about where I'll live and afford an extra room for a baby. Worried about my husband who is not patient and very loud and what kind of energy he'd bring in during my labor. 

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: so eager to find out the gender. I want a boy so bad (I know being healthy is all that matters....) Can't decide if I'm showing a little or it's just the same gut I began the pregnancy with. I haven't told my dad I'm pregnant yet and it just feels awkward the more time goes by of how to drop the news. 

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: what is the next milestone at the obgyn check up? NT scan?

• Options
    𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  10/10, 16w5d

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: avocado

𝗙𝗧𝗠/𝗦𝗧𝗠/𝗧𝗧𝗠+/𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱: FTM

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: Blue

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: 20wk ultrasound next month

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: Rough. My nausea and vomiting have not improved. I tried going on Reglan, and while that helped with the nausea and vomiting (mostly), I had some awful side effects from the meds and needed to come off it. So far Zofran does pretty much nothing, and I may not be able to take a higher dose since I'm also on SSRI s. On the plus side: fatigue is starting to subside gradually. I'm able to go on walks and socialize a bit. But man I am so ready to be done with morning sickness. Headaches are new and also not fun. But I got my bump this week!

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: See above

Questions: Anyone else still dealing with tummy troubles?
  • Options
    @amille525 I’ve had two mfm appointments so far. They’ve both been really great. I feel like the providers have more time to sit down and talk through everything. I’ve had a list of questions at both mine and I’ve never felt rushed. I also had ultrasounds at both which is nice.
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    @amille525 I saw an mfm with my son and will likely be referred to one again later in this pregnancy (also ivf, 41, and previous complications). It felt comforting for me to have the extra level of care/appointments /ultrasounds /etc. 
  • Options
    @knottie most OBs only do the Natera or the NT unless you specifically ask. The next few appointments are just check ins with the Doppler.