October 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-In 4/25

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:ย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:

Questions:
ยซ1

Re: Weekly Check-In 4/25

• Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  October 13 / 15w5d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Pear

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Green

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Tomorrow (feeling anxious like @bows22)

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Nausea is so much better, but still very exhausted at night

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: I am both so excited and so nervous to have made it to the last week of April because I have two appointments this week.

Questions:ย I know this has been discussed other places, but I'm so ready to feel baby move.ย  From what I read it can start as early as 16 week for FTM, but is more typical between 18-22.ย  Does that sound right to all the STM+ mamas?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    @sandy5693 I started really feeling movement around 21/22 weeks with my son. I felt flutters a couple weeks earlier but couldnt really confirm if it was gas or baby until later!ย 

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  Oct 29 / 13 +3

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: A lemon

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STMย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: finding outย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: May 5th is my next OB appointment. Like the other ladies, waiting for reassurance!!ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: I've been feeling a lot better the last week or two. Naseau is almost gone, just sometimes in the evening. And I seem to be getting some energy back. Feeling a bit more confident that this will happen and we've been starting to tell family this past week, and planning on telling work tomorrow... So a little anxious about that!ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: I feel like I rant all the time in my head (mostly about my husband! Lol) but can't think of anything right now!!ย 

Questions: None right now

• Options
    @daisyyyy
    happy birthday!!!
  • Options
    @daisyyyy Happy birthday!!ย 
    I cannot fathom how people sleep on their stomachs. ๐Ÿคฃ I'm a side sleeper. Specifically my left side. I use a wedge once my belly is big enough or you can get a pillow. My husband is a stomach sleeper and I can't understand how that's comfortable.ย 
  • Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  ย 10-4 repeat C-section 9-27 17 weeks today.

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:ย  a large onion and is as tall as Kleenex box.

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: 4th time

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย  Blue

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย  May 5th and May 17th detailed scan w maternal fetal medicine.

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:ย  Sickness seems to be less and less thankfully. My back and hips are getting achy.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: I get out of breath so easily anymore it's rediculous. Super appreciative to my parents who haven't gotten upset at schedule changes for my appointmens. (I watch friends little ones) I also love that the weather seems to finally be starting to warm up. ( We live in the Midwest)

• Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  9/26 / 18 weeksย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Sweet potato

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: ftm

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Have to have a follow up to our anatomy scan in 4 weeks. Feeling so much more relaxed now that we've seen her wiggling around looking like an actual baby!

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Tired. Just so, so, tired.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Our anatomy scan was on Monday and it was incredibly reassuring. Each appointment up till now I've gone in preparing for something to be off (thanks anxiety), but now it feels real somehow. She's actually in there and doing great as far as we can tell! All looked good, but she was so squirmy that we have to come back to get a better look at her heart.ย 

On the other hand, I'm frustrated because it feels like my medical system has a set way of treating all women who are overweight. I had to do an early glucose screening (normal), automatically started on baby aspirin (BP at home is teetering on low, even though it's been high normal in office), and now they're saying that I'm going to get growth scans every 4 weeks because of my weight. No one has come out and said that I'm high risk, and truly I feel like my weigh has had minimal impact on my pregnancy. I'm walking and eating normally now that the nausea has passed--after loosing a few lbs in the first trimester I've only gained 5lbs. I understand that extra monitoring can only be beneficial, but I'm annoyed that the only reason for it is because I'm overweight.ย 

• Options
    @fichey that must be so frustrating!
    I do actually get GD and from what I understand they do extra glucose monitoring when you're over the age 35 and I'm not looking forward to drinking that poison. I have to have extra monitoring also because of my size. I gain so much weight and I get so large and my babies are so huge I have to do NSTs and extra growth US because all of my babies have Macrosomia. They also require extra monitoring before and after birth. It's all very stressful.
  • Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  15 + 3

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ I gave up checking because every app said something a different size

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Team Green

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Wednesday next week

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Really good! The exhaustion was insane the first trimester so I feel like I can take on the world now with more energy

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: rave: the pregnancy is feeling so much more real. I've started showing a little bit. You can't tell with clothes but I notice and my husband pretends to notice as well ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Options
    @daisyyyy happy birthday!

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 10/24 14+1

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: peach or lemon? Not sure ๐Ÿค” ย Also as tall as a playing card!

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Blue!

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: May 13thย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: mostly good! Still tired sometimes (really done know the last time I wasnโ€™t ๐Ÿคฃ), I felt a few flutters. Guessing itโ€™s just gas, but kinda hoping itโ€™s baby swimming aroundย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:I was really excited for the salmon Iโ€™m making for dinner, but it smells so damn fishy in the oven that I donโ€™t know Iโ€™ll be able to eat or ๐Ÿ˜ข

Questions: none

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @daisyyyy happy birthday!
    @bows22 and @sandy5693 I hope you have great appointments tomorrow!
    @fichey Iโ€™m glad your scan gave you reassurance! Thereโ€™s nothing like getting to see your baby wiggle around.ย 

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย Oct 17/15+1

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Eggo waffleโ€ฆ.now I want waffles.ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Blue

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Next Mondayย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Anxious to definitively feel the baby. Have felt some flutters but thatโ€™s it. Overall good, though.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: A co-worker on my team left abruptly and Iโ€™m taking over one of her roles that involves an area of law I have ZERO experience with. Iโ€™m drinking from the firehose right now trying to get up to speed.ย 

Questions:ย Do you all remember when our hair starts being extra luscious from the shedding cycle stopping? Is it more like 20 weeks along? I may be shedding a little less but canโ€™t really tell.ย 

• Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  15 weeks 10/18/22

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:ย  Duckling

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: fourth time

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: tomorrow morning for a follow up from last week. The next one is in May

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:ย  Exhausted and starting to break out.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:

ย I'm anxious to feel more regular movement. Tonight while I was hanging out with my oldest she was resting her hand on my belly and she felt a large bump press into her hand. I felt it also and that's the first solid movement we've felt. She was ecstatic. The baby only pressed up for maybe 15-20 seconds and then baby slowly moved away. I cannot wait until this is a daily occurrence.
    Questions: I'm going to second the hair question. My hair is still falling out but I'm so ready for the luxurious mane I had with my first two. My hair was trash with my son but it's looking pretty good this go round.
  • Options
    @daisyyyy Happy Birthday and way to go on figuring out some next steps with school! I hate having to sleep on my side and much prefer being on my back. My snoogle pillow helps a fair bit with keeping me somewhat in place but I keep having to switch sides from my hips getting sore. Solidarity!
  • Options
    pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited April 2022
    @fichey You should be 18+1 at September 26thโ€ฆ because I am 18+0 at September 27th ๐Ÿ˜† you should also join us over in September and double dip like I do! Unless you already are!

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย Sept 27th / 18+0
    ๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Artichoke. Also sweet potato but seriously, the size range is NUTS on those.
    ๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out in two weeks!
    ๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Anatomy scan and 20-week on May 13th
    ๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: I am finally growing a bit of a bump but donโ€™t think I can feel anything yet. Itโ€™s enough that my students have confirmed Iโ€™m in the โ€œpregnant or too many tacos?โ€ stage. Iโ€™ve been tired and not getting enough sleep, so that sucks. Otherwise, Iโ€™m feeling fine. Hungry, so hungry. My brain keeps eating my words and switching them for adjacent/adjacent-sounding words.
    ๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Baseball got cancelled today which means I get a full class for my dual credit English two days in a row. Iโ€™m going to savor it. Thank you for being rainy, Oregonโฃ๏ธI can keep raving about my husband every week lolโ€ฆ also, our dog is making really good behavior progress. I think weโ€™re coming up on 8 months with her.
    ๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: What does it mean to โ€œpopโ€ and how quickly does it usually happen once you start showing? Also, why is there no GTKY on here this week? :) I love reading those.
  • Options
    @pangolindrome I couldnโ€™t think of one this week!ย 
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    edited April 2022
    @sandy5693 I had an anterior placenta last time and I felt movement at 20 weeks. No one told me that I had one but I saw it on my NT scan results. I hope you have a great appointment today!

@mia80 I have not really been enjoying telling people at work! I am cranky about having the same convo a million times (will you find out what youโ€™re having? Is DD excited? Etc etc)

@daisyyyy I hope you had a great birthday yesterday! Iโ€™m in the same boat with not being able to sleep in my stomach. Itโ€™s rough!

@kelly_mom_mimi Iโ€™ve noticed being out of breath more easily lately too. Hopefully itโ€™s just an adjustment period and it gets better.ย 

@fichey that is so incredibly annoying, however youโ€™re also getting bonus monitoring for no real reason so thatโ€™s kind of nice.ย 

@wileybliss I agree on the size thing, itโ€™s so inconsistentย 

@aycul18 I am having the same flutters versus digestion dilemma. Even when itโ€™s like a minute straight Iโ€™m still like ๐Ÿค” probably gasย 

@EmilyE13 that work thing seems extremely annoying and something you shouldnโ€™t have to be dealing with! Will they try to replace her asap?ย 

@krysnicole1022 have a great appointment today! Thatโ€™s so cool that your daughter got to feel the baby! I canโ€™t wait for DD to be able to do thatย 

@pangolindrome Iโ€™m guessing no GTKY because itโ€™s really hard to think of them after awhile and @EmilyE13 has been the one coming up with one every week! We could always do a separate GTKY thread if you have any ideas. Iโ€™m going to try to be better at that too. Also, +1 for hungry always!
  • Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย still complicated. Technically full term is 10/24, but looking at the end of August/early September with triplets.

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Bike Bell.ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: finding out

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: May 13

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Still tired a lot. Nausea isnโ€™t as bad but I still donโ€™t feel like eating much. Trying to get calories in me is hard. I do feel like things are on the upswing though!

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: More of a story than a rant or a rave. For me this is funny, but my husband isnโ€™t going to live it down. He somehow accidentally muted my texts. Just my texts. Everyone else he gets his text sound but not mine. Itโ€™s been frustrating me because Iโ€™ll be resting in our bed on our 2nd floor and heโ€™ll be down in the basement so Iโ€™ll text a request or question or to help with the kids if theyโ€™re getting out of bed and I wouldnโ€™t get any responses. He finally figured it out last night. Heโ€™s been super supportive and helpful so he feels bad that it happened, but he also knows itโ€™s going to be a joke that he muted his pregnant wife for at least a bit.ย 

Questions: When can they actually tell the sex? I didnโ€™t have many ultrasounds with my first two, but since thereโ€™s triplets, Iโ€™m have ultrasounds every other week start at week 16. Will they be able to tell them? Or week 18? Or will it not be until the week 20 anatomy scan? Theyโ€™re identical triplets so I figure they just need to be able to tell on one.
  • Options
    @jen_third22 I think they can tell as early as 14 weeks on a good ultrasound. We found out with my second at 16 weeks because I had to go in to MFM for some bleeding. The tech never actually saw the parts but she said after 25 years in the business she could tell based on instinct during the US. She was correct that it was a girl. I think with my son it was 18 weeks.ย 
  • Options
    @bows22 so happy everything went well! Iโ€™m just leaving my doctor - short visit, but everything went fine too. Heartbeat was nice and strong ๐Ÿ’œ So relieved!
  • Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  17 weeks

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Chipmunk, pomegranate, creme brulee

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding Out

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Virtual midwife appt May 11th, in-person May 12th, anatomy scan May 12th

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Sick again ๐Ÿ˜ญ DH and I are both sick this time, just a couple weeks after I'd finally gotten over my cold. He tested negative on a rapid test yesterday but I might take one today too because this time feels more similar to when we had covid before. Also keep having random intrusive thoughts about things going wrong with this baby. I did get A+ in both my Winter courses though so riding that high!

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rave: I finished Bridgerton Season 2 faster than expected so I started watching The Great and I love it! This is my last free week before Spring term plus I'm sick so not going out so I'm binging it like crazy

Questions: Anyone else struggling with intrusive thoughts?
  • Options
    @krthouse yes to the intrusive thoughts. I keep imagining horrible scenarios and driving myself to heightened anxiety. I'm a wreck. Like my kid felt the baby push into her hand yesterday and today when they used the Doppler o had to hold my breath because I was terrified the baby died over the last 14 hours. It's bad. My doc seems to understand and has been doing quick scans for my sanity and having me come in more often.
  • Options
    @krthouse oh yeah, 1000% on the intrusive thoughts. I find it helps to acknowledge what they are, accept how they function, and keep going with your regular thoughts. It has taken some practice though.
  • Options
    As a GTKY addict, I posted one. Iโ€™m thinking of making a document to put them on as I come up with more. I am very happy to contribute GTKYs.
  • Options
    @krysnicole1022 @pangolindrome Grateful to know I'm not alone, but I hope they ease for you too, mamas ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
  • Options
    @jen_third22 Iโ€™m having identical twins, and they weee able to tell me the genders this week at our 16 week US.ย 
  • Options
    @jen_third22 I justโ€ฆ I am sure I knew but holy dog, triplets. I hope you donโ€™t mind me saying but if anyone told me in real life theyโ€™re pregnant with triplets Iโ€™d probably give you a dumb stare and say something like either โ€œholy shitโ€ or โ€œwoah.โ€ I donโ€™t know why I have such a strong urge to send this. Itโ€™s not related to anything.
    We will find out the sex at week 20, but thatโ€™s the first US since week 12 for me.ย 
    Still, dang.ย 
  • Options
    @amandax22095 Thanks! Thatโ€™s good to know. And congrats on identical triplets! What gender are they? Thereโ€™s no multiples specific threads here so I didnโ€™t know there was another identical multiples person around!

@pangolindrome Just so you know, thatโ€™s the appropriate response. ๐Ÿ˜† I appreciate the responses like that from my friends the most.
  • Options
    @jen_third22 on some boards there are several folks with multiples so theyโ€™ll do a weekly or monthly multiples check in. I havenโ€™t counted up how many we have. I know you and @amandax22095 are but wasnโ€™t sure who else. We could also do a โ€œHigh Risk Check-Inโ€ which is also common but would include more than multiples. Open to everyoneโ€™s thoughts on it!
  • Options
    @jen_third22 theyโ€™re boys! I was fully convinced they would be girls ๐Ÿ˜…ย 
    @EmilyE13 I think a high risk check-in would be good!ย 
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 We could always try a high risk check in and see the response. I know Iโ€™ve seen others discussing being high risk.ย 
  • Options
    @jen_third22 when I first read your question, I was thinking that they might not be able to see the sex of all of them depending on their positions. But I forgot they are identical! So I bet there is a chance at 14 weeks. The boutique ultrasound places around have gender packages that start at 15 weeks.ย 

@krthouse Iโ€™m struggling with intrusive thoughts too. I actually scheduled an elective ultrasound today to see if it helps me relax some on vacation next weekย 
  • Options
    Happy Friday everyone - just getting back from my early anatomy scan (16 weeks) and Iโ€™m so relieved everything looks fine. I do have an anterior placenta though which Iโ€™m sort of bummed about because I feel like baby movements would help my anxiety. For those of you who have had anterior placenta pregnancies, did you have a considerable decrease in movement? Or did it just take you longer to feel movement? The US tech tried to cheer me up by saying Iโ€™ll probably sleep better lolย 
  • Options
    I'm on my fourth anterior placenta and it absolutely did not prevent me from feeling movement early. I think they just say that to be reassuring because in some instances it can. I've had friends with posterior placenta not feel kicks until 20-25 weeks but I've felt them at 17 weeks. It's really difficult not to worry though. Soon enough you'll be like "calm down baby and stop squeezing my bladder!"ย 
  • Options
    So baby movements do help with reassuring you that everything is okay but on the flip side if there is a break in movement that causes panic as well. ๐Ÿ˜ญ
  • Options
    @krysnicole1022 thank you for this!ย  Yes, I knew it would be a double-edged sword but I'm so happy to hear it hasn't made feeling movements difficult for you.ย  Each thing that I think will help my anxiety only spurs new anxiety...lolย 
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    @sandy5693, I completely agree with @krysnicole1022!ย  You just find a new sort of anxiety with kicks!! lol

I didn't have an anterior placenta with my son, but I also didn't feel kicks until about 21-22 weeks. Everyone is soooo different that's it's really hard to say how this will affect you.ย ย 

• Options
    Thanks so much @mia80 - such a great reminder and I will simply be patient and see what happens.

I promise I'm focusing on all the good news we got! :) The emotional rollercoaster of pregnancy is no joke.
  • Options
    @sandy5693 I had an anterior placenta and from 20 weeks on I felt pretty consistent movement. I never got the crazy limbs sticking out of my belly or really hard kicks but DD also just didnโ€™t move very much. Her umbilical cord was incredibly short and they said that happens if the baby isnโ€™t very active in the womb.ย