December 2022 Moms
Options

Nutrition/Recipes

Curious if anyone has gotten helpful nutrition advice for this early stage of pregnancy?

I also love cooking so figured we could share any nutrient-rich recipes!

Besides the obvious, my pcp mentioned prior that I should add salt and foods with extra calcium to my diet. I had never heard of the salt suggestion!

Re: Nutrition/Recipes

• Options
    Does anyone have any alternatives for coffee, I love my coffee but I know I shouldn’t drink it
  • Options
    @janinegb My doctor says one cup of coffee per day is fine!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup! One cup of coffee is fine. I switched over to decaf when I had my IUD out and it's really helped me anxiety. Took a few months to find a decent decaf bean. 

I've been a fan of Greek yogurt fruit smoothies made with orange juice in the mornings. It has calcium and folic acid, some protein from the yogurt. Easy to make first thing. Or even the night before have it sit in the fridge. I have some trouble with foods that smell a lot especially while cooking so these are perfect. 
  • Options
    janinegbjaninegb member
    edited April 2022
    I have been researching a lot of recipes trying to figure out what to cook
  • Options
    If you ladies live near a Dutch bros they can do their drinks without caffeine 
  • Options
    @talldecafcappuccino - your username has always cracked me up  :)

great suggestion about Greek yogurt orange juice smoothies. I tried this morning, yum!! I also added avocados. This will be great for the hot summer too 

I made myself ziplocks of cheerios at the beginning of the week and have those stashed at the office, purses, etc. 
    Not a “recipe” but something lol
  • Options
    @santababy2022 aww thank you! It's from my comfort movie, You've Got Mail. I've seen it waaay more times than I can count. Funny thing is my due date 12/18 is the same day the movie was released. 

I'm glad the smoothie has worked out for you!! Another thing I've found to help is instant oatmeal packets.
  • Options
    msd15msd15 member
    I’ve been struggling with drinking water. Wasn’t a huge water drinker before, but now I get instant heartburn and sometimes it makes me nauseous (so ridiculous ) but I have found making some infusions has helped a lot. I add some fresh squeezed lemon juice and a few slices of cucumber and I can actually get a few glasses down. I haven’t done it yet, but before have done fresh strawberries and orange slices is really good .I gets a bottle (currently using one that’s 40oz) put it all in and let set in the fridge overnight. Usually it’s pretty strong so when I make a glass I pour half the infusion and the rest with regular water
  • Options
    @talldecafcappuccino You’ve Got Mail is an amazing reference and movie! Too funny!!

oatmeal was another good suggestion, thank you. 

I made hummus (super easy to google recipes with just a few ingredients including chick peas) which has been very appealing spreading on crackers this week! 

I may try making a black bean dip next