September 2022 Moms
Options

Thankful Thursday 3/24

What are you thankful for this week?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Thankful Thursday 3/24

• Options
    Thankful that my husband slept in our kids beds last night and I had the whole bed to myself and the 1 year old. The 3 year old slept nicely in the side carred crib. So much better than all 4 of us in a queen bed like the night before, when I opted to go sleep in the other room half way through the night and then the 1 year old cried until she found me. One day I will miss the snuggles, but pregnant me not so much. 
  • Options
    1 more day of work and then a glorious week off!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hubby is cooking dinner while I sit on the couch :)
  • Options
    Needing to poop while at home 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I’m just thankful this little baby is still going strong! And for my new pregnancy pillow!😂
  • Options
    I am thankful for MH encouraging me to take some time for myself this weekend and to get a prenatal massage. He knows I’ve been in pain lately.
    (Also, @serenity_by_van, I love the name! 🕯)
  • Options
    Thankful for new maternity bras. My old ones just weren’t cutting it and causing a lot of pain and soreness and today I feel like a new person. Also so glad for weather in the 70s today and not near 90. 
  • Options
    Its now Friday but I am so grateful its the weekend in 2 hours for me. This week has been so so rough. 
  • Options
    Hubbs and I managed to get half of the tarps up over our home today. I found a magic vein of energy and got on the roof! It’ll help SO MUCH regardless of sun or rain. I’m excited. We had to take the last tarps down in a hurry before the snow would’ve made the whole thing collapse (I do NOT recommend being on an RV roof in freezing temps with active snow) and damage our home, and we opted for eight small tarps this time instead of two huge ones. 
    I am excited for how much cooler we will be this summer. We also bought a misting system after the heat bubble last year (120F for two-three days straight) which will help us stay cooler if needed. We built the scaffolding last year and added the ratchet straps for support, and we’ve attached the scaffolding with metal wires to the ground in four places (was not possible with the last tarp cover) on the wind-catching side.
    I am very happy with it. We both are. 

I did not use to be this brave, but now I get up
    there pretty easily. I sealed the whole RV roof - all the seams and stuff - last year so I spent a bunch of time up there. I do not like heights much, but I am also thankful for the human ability to learn and overcome.

Photo of what we did because I’m way proud!!!
  • Options
    @pangolindrome omg… that PNW heat spell last year was the worst. I’m in Seattle and I think we hit 113? It was miserable. 
  • Options
    @mamamoomoo12 I had to go back through my AcuRite weather reports to confirm. Apparently we only hit 113F. It was so crazy! First the September 2020 historical wind storm and Riverside fire, then the February 2021 ice storm (we were exactly 6 days without electricity which was relatively mild), then the June 2021 heat bubble. Unusual natural disaster bingo, anyone?

It was absolutely horrendous. I remember waking up in the middle of the night and with both our ACs going, the RV was still 95F because the temp never went below 110f outside. 
    It added insult to injury that our elevation (1750ft, we’re in a really weird spot) was the only place locally where it stayed that hot. A mile below us, it got down to 95F. 
    I truly hope that never happens again. Ever. That was how I imagine Florida or Louisiana or something like that.
  • Options
    @pangolindrome GA here and even we don’t get that bad! Usually caps out at 98°, although it’s a humid miserable heat. That being said everywhere down south has a good a/c system so you can just stay inside and by comfortable. 
  • Options
    @mamamoomoo12 @pangolindrome that was the worstttt 😭 it was so hot that the fire alarms at the apartment community we live at kept going off in each building for hours because the alarms were getting triggered by a “high heat” warning. Power kept going out at some buildings too (not ours, luckily - just once for an hour). It hit 116 out by me and I do NOT want to repeat that. Super glad we’re due in September and not July/August and have to worry about this happening again with a NEWBORN. 

I’m super thankful to have had a really nice week in AZ with perfect weather! DH and I celebrated our 3 yr wedding anniversary on the 23rd and I’m just so excited for our new adventure as parents!