September 2022 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight - Maternity Clothes

Re: Product Spotlight - Maternity Clothes

• Options
    I hate these. They sit in an awful place (butt crack/squishy part of hips) and made me very irritable today.
    Returning them and have ordered these instead. I have some hopes.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07JXNXL8P?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @runsonoatmeal So jealous! I wish I had a store like that near me. 
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @trapperkeeper87 I wish it were on my radar sooner! Will definitely be back once we start needing baby clothes.
  • Options
    Ordered 2 pairs of jeans at Old Navy during their sale and I’m actually really happy with them! They seem relatively true to size and pretty comfortable.

These ones were my favorite, they fit perfectly and I love the style…
    https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=7428170020602&tid=onma000014

I like these as well, I probably should have gotten a short (seeing as I am short… lol) but I typically roll my jeans anyway so they’re manageable. I still really like the way they fit regardless…
    https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=7428210020602&tid=onma000014
  • Options
    Old Navy denim shorts were a complete fail for me 😞 the waist and hip areas fit fine but then the leg openings could fit two more legs in there so they kind of look like I’m wearing a potato sack. Very unflattering. The biker shorts are thin and comfy, perfect for working out in the garden and playing outside with the toddler. 

I just got the Levi’s maternity shorts from Amazon though and they fit really well!

• Options
    I just bought a pair of Duluth overall shorts in a size up hoping I can wear those this summer but just loosening the sides. 

Old navy khakis I love and do fine with, the gap khakis fit like @pangolindrome described those pants. The plant fabric hits about an inch lower than butt crack and you're constantly feeling like you need to pull them up and they slowly fall down and make you look extra saggy. The quality of the gap material is so much better, but I guess you need a short butt to pull them off? 
  • Options
    @newbabymama27 I've been looking at that exact pair! I'm glad to read another good review on them! Now the weather just needs to cooperate for shorts!
  • Options
    @leannechristina that’s great! Glad I could help 😊 I’m planning to get another pair but they’re a little limited on stock right now so I’ll keep checking. 
  • Options
    My new pair of pants arrived annnnnnnnd… they sent a size small instead of medium.
    Lady please, I’ve been a medium since 8th grade. Very little has changed, oddly, except my curves.
  • Options
    Splurged on this jumpsuit- there's a 15% off coupon if you sign up for emails! I'm all about buying a couple nice statement pieces and wearing them a lot! Excited to wear this for date nights and weddings this summer! Smocked Bodice Maternity Jumpsuit – Ingrid+Isabel (ingridandisabel.com)
  • Options
    Super cute! I have trouble finding jumpsuits that work because I have a super long torso as it is and pregnancy certainly doesn't help lol
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    @kboydbowman they are definitely hit or miss! I have a short torso, so they typically work, but we'll see once it gets here- haha
  • Options
    I ended up buying the bootcut maternity jeans from target today... I love them! I hope they still fit this good when the bump gets bigger!
  • Options
    I just bought this onesie! I saw a lot of pregnant mom instagramers wearing it and I am so excited to have something comfy to wear! (I sized up) but it is really roomy.

https://www.freepeople.com/fpmovement/shop/hot-shot-onesie/?category=activewear-hot-shot-collection&color=030&type=REGULAR&quantity=1
  • Options
    @mamamoomoo12 sooo cute!!! I've seen that too and thought about ordering!!
  • Options
    dvmmamadvmmama member
    If anyone is looking for comfy leggings that aren't yoga pants - I have ordered numerous pairs of these from Amazon. They are VERY similar to the LulaRoe leggings if you were ever into those- the nice part is the waist is quite high and stretches a LOT. I can pull them all the way up and over my belly at 20 weeks! Lots of room to stretch too.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074R27W46/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Options
    I was going to wait until the clothes came in to give my review, but I am too excited, so I'm sharing what's in the mail!
  • Options
    @maple1422 I have those Levi’s shorts! 10/10 would recommend. Can’t wait for it to get warm enough to wear outside! 
  • Options
    @mamamoomoo12 That’s cute!!! It’s 36f today so I feel silly thinking about swimwear, but… idk it would be nice to have something by Memorial Day in case Oregon decides to accept that it’s May now.
    I feel inspired!
  • Options
    Not technically maternity clothes BUT....does anyone have any recommendations for a more comfortable hospital gown? I had one last time and didn't even wear it during delivery, but it was nice to wear the next day in the hospital.. Thought about putting one on my registry.  
  • Options
    @whitta1015 not sure if you have access to Morherhood Marernity (they closed in Canada over the last couple of years), but I bought about 3 of these types of night gowns with my first son. I didn’t end up wearing it in the hospital just because I was fine in the hospital gown, but I really liked them as soon as I got home. So soft and nursing friendly. They would totally work at the hospital too. 

• Options
    @whitta1015 are you wanting to wear it during labor? If so, I wouldn't spend much on it because it'll need a good cleaning afterwards. I wished that I had something comfy for afterwards though.
  • Options
    @babywiik Ehh idk. I had one last time and ended up just wearing the hospital gown during labor/delivery. Probably not, but maybe when we get closer to time, we can all share what comfy clothes we wore in the hospital after labor! I had some PJs from Target that I loved and I found some on Amazon earlier that I'll probably order.
  • Options
    @newbabymama27 Those were seriously my favorite night gowns! I did ruin my favorite one because of swaddle velcro pulling at it, but I'm planning to grab another one or two this time around. So comfy!
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    maple1422maple1422 member
    edited May 2022
    I skipped the gown idea and just wore a sports bra during delivery with DS. I’ll probably do it that way again, honestly. Nursing nightgowns for after though, sound like a GREAT idea. I know what I’ll be looking up today!
  • Options
    I was just naked during labor. I really thought it would bother me, but I just didn't care and didn't want anything on me. I walked to the labor tub room and back to my room in a sheet, but was pretty much naked constantly in my room. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath I was a very conservative and modest human before my water broke with DS. I've never been the same since that moment. If you don't wanna see it, don't look. :)
  • Options
    Yeah all modesty went out the window when I was in labour too 😂 my water was constantly leaking so I wore those beautiful adult diapers so I wouldn’t keep getting soaked. The hospital gown was kind of on -ish lol. But with all the IVs and stuff it was all over the place. I don’t even remember at what point I took off my bra but I definitely didn’t have it on. 
  • Options
    @pangolindrome I don't remember being hot or cold, but I do remember them saying I had full control on the AC and could adjust to whatever I please. 
  • Options
    @pangolindrome I don't remember being overly hot or cold, but I did feel like I was going to pass out (a very real fear as my vagus nerve likes to overreact to extreme pain and make me pass out). I'm very modest, by conventional U.S. standards, but I remember thinking I wanted my bra off, yet didn't think to say anything. It would have been a good idea, though, because right as they plopped my daughter on my chest, she released a huge poop all over me. 🤣

Modest or not, I definitely reached a point where I didn't care anymore. But I was also the kind of person who wanted to watch everything with a mirror.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    Anybody have any recommendations for a belly band?
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    @pangolindrome I recall being extremely hot the whole time I was in the hospital which is very strange for me since I’m one of those people that’s always cold, plus this was end of December and literally -30C outside. The nurses were really sweet and brought a fan into the room to cool me down during labour and also postpartum while we were there. My husband said he felt just fine (and he’s the one always hot!) so it was just me 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    I’m glad we can be helpful to you with our little tips and tricks! ❤️

I highly recommend the Always adult diapers. I didn’t use them a ton postpartum which is what I thought I’d need them for, but my water broke at 10 am at home and kept leaking slowly until I started pushing around 9 pm that day. It definitely saved our car and I didn’t have to embarrassingly leak all over the hospital as I tried to induce labour by walking around and then being moved from triage to delivery room and all that. They were surprisingly comfortable and I only took them off once I started pushing (of course I changed them as needed throughout the day too). 
  • Options
    Anybody have any recommendations for a belly band?
    For now, or after? What kind of support are you looking for (belly, hips, strong, medium, full blown coverage)?
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @pangolindrome I was comfortable (temp-wise) the whole time. Starting 10 A.M. I walked and used the yoga ball for as long as I could while wearing the gown before I felt like it was time for my epidural. Might have been around 1 or 2. Then I ditched the gown and sat in my sports bra and the sheet on cloud 9 until about midnight when the magic happened. I knew going in that I was comfortable with that plan. I did have the light sheet from my waist down the entire time between getting my epidural and having the baby. I had an oxygen mask on during the birth, and I remember my mouth/throat feeling so dry. I kept wanting/needing/demanding....  spoonfuls of the crushed ice between pushes. 
  • Options
    @trapperkeeper87
    for my giant-ass bump that is getting increasingly heavy.  I was thinking mostly belly support but I don't really know what I need?  I didn't make it this far last time, and obviously I'm only going to get bigger....
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    laj0217laj0217 member
    @kboydbowman I used the belly band for when your normal pants get too small this past weekend when my stomach felt achy/twinge-y. It helped and I had it laying around so it was immediately accessible. It’s definitely not a long term solution, but might be worth trying, if you have one lying around?
  • Options
    @pangolindrome Not during delivery, but afterwards I could NOT stop shaking. The doctor said it was just my hormones being so out of wack, and apparently a lot of people experience it. I don't remember it lasting for that long though, but I'll be honest, the few hours after delivery are a complete blur.
    Also, I've seen that some people recommend taking a stroller fan to strap onto the hospital bed rail. I may do that this time! 

I don't remember wearing anything under my gown at all last time. Trying to remember now how high my epidural placement was because I'd love to just labor in a sports bra and nothing else.