September 2022 Moms

Product Spotlight - Maternity Clothes

Re: Product Spotlight - Maternity Clothes

• I'm wearing one from shein today that is a short sleeve, solid black, maxi length dress with just a little twist detail right above the bomb. It's simple, classy, and comfortable  :)
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @nightknight

I am having a tough time finding clothes in Canada also. It looks like many of the suggestions above also ship to Canada.

I would be curious if anyone has found other options in Canada.
  • Loading the player...
  • @foreveronyourside I just got a pair of maternity jeans from Shein and I'm pretty pleased. I have a few more items on the way, but based on my experience so far I'd say it might be worth a try!
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• @foreveronyourside
    I had some success with Shein recently. Just be sure to pay attention to the sizing details and I didn't order anything that didn't have reviews to backup the size measurements. Also, I learned the hard way that fabric matters. I ended up getting one top that is not stretchy and likely won't work in the long run. Glad it was less than $10! 
    Also, I just ordered a couple of pairs of shorts from Macys that were on sale today! 2 pairs of "sleep" shorts that I'm sure will end up being my comfy shorts at home. And one pair of jean shorts. Hoping they all work out since the price was right!
  • I’m really short (4’11) and have difficulty finding jeans that fit my height. I searched all over for petite or short maternity jeans, but no such luck. 
    I finally received my first maternity stitch fix box and everything was amazing! The jeans they sent were PERFECT! The brand was 1822 denim, so I went to 1822 Denim’s website and ordered their Bundle of Joy box and it was awesome. It comes with three pairs of jeans that are suppose to fit throughout all the trimesters. They weren’t the cheapest, but are super comfy and fit great. 
  • @wendy-g I’m 5’ so I can relate to the struggle!! 

I’ve been distracted again to continue my Shein search BUT I did get 3 pairs of black Hofish leggings from Amazon and I’m super pleased with the thick material. I lived in their nursing bras for over a year so I’m glad it’s still a decent brand!!! Yay! I love when things work. 
  • I bought a couple of really cute dresses from ASOS. I was having a hard time finding clothes that didn’t feel too dowdy/maternity, and ASOS really delivered on the style. The prices were pretty good, too!
  • If anyone comes across any maternity dresses suitable for a 6:30pm semi-formal wedding in May (it'll be HOT here), let me know! I have a Seraphin dress saved on Poshmark and have found a couple on Pinkblush but nothing I'm in love with yet. I forgot about ASOS. I'm gonna check there today.
  • @whitta1015 Baltic Born has a "Bump Friendly" section with lots of cute semi-formal dresses!!
  • whitta1015whitta1015 member
    edited March 2022
    @lalarose22 Thank you! I see a few I love on there! I also just found another cute website called Petal & Pup that has some really cute stuff!
  • @lucyg00cy Yeah, I've noticed that too, Target used to be a good place for quality and price. These days I'd normally go with Amazon unless I find something local to support.
  • I decided to try StitchFix and it just arrived today. I know it's pricey, so it's the only time I imagine I'll do it. But man, the pieces are beautiful! My entire haul (3 maternity tops, a cardigan, and a pair of skinny jeans with full panel) is beautiful and would be $169 to purchase after discount. I think I'll pass on the jeans and cardigan (I don't usually do cardigans and I know my hips will expand past the size they sent), but I still need to try everything on. They got my color palette just right, I'll say that! And my desire for modesty. Call me impressed!
    DD 10/2019
  • Someone else mentioned StitchFix and I jumped on the train. Scheduled one this morning to arrive next Friday (when husband is out of town for his snowboarding guys' trip). I was blessed that my SIL had a bunch of stuff to hand down to me, and the tops will work but we're totally different body shapes in the lower half and the pants are all way too short. I'm currently rocking the same 2 pairs of maternity jeans I grabbed at Old Navy every other day at work hoping nobody notices or cares. Hoping the shorts I ordered online from Macy's work out, too! If this stitch is as amazing as past boxes I might splurge and keep all the items but then will need to call it quits on the shopping. 
  • @erinstonewaltz please make sure you stop by the introductions thread and introduce yourself!
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Glad ya'll are coming to my StitchFix darksite.  Muahahahahaha
    Current pregnancy -

• Stitchfix is very tempting. I just went through my maternity stuff and threw most of it to the donate pile. Most of my last three were spent in the winter and early spring when I was still teaching. I have no what I’m going to want to wear in the late spring/summer. My husband gave me a Seraphine giftcard I can’t wait to spend but I’m trying to hold out until I figure out what I really need. I guess a maternity bathing suit for sure and some tank tops and shorts?  
  • UGH! Chalk up one more thing to shop for...I didn't even think about a bathing suit!!
  • Recommendation for workout shorts that support the belly? 
  • I recently got some great maternity/nursing bras from Pact (online) and I’m loving them! Super comfy, nice support, room to grow, and my “at attention” nipples don’t show through my shirts much anymore. Yay! I exchanged my “small” ones for “medium” and they fit perfectly now, so the sizes run a tad smaller than I expected. 

Also just ordered a belly band from Ingrid & Isabel because my jeans are quickly becoming tight on me and I am hoping to wear my normal clothes a bit longer yet to save $$. 
  • Hi @erinstonewaltz
    Make sure to stop by the introductions thread and introduce yourself!
    Current pregnancy -

• Just jumped on the shein bandwagon. Ordered a bathing suit and a few summer dresses. Fingers crossed. 
  • sasasamsasasam Just Joined
    I know how you feel! I am petite, and my baby bump is starting to bulge. The maternity pants available everywhere are too big/loose right now at 14 weeks' pregnant, but I managed to find these pants at target for $20, comes with a drawstring so that it could last for a while. I sized up from XS to S, and it fits pretty well. It's dressier than leggings and warm for the cold weather here in the midwest. Hope you find them as useful as I am!

https://www.target.com/p/women-39-s-high-rise-knit-drawstring-ankle-pull-on-pants-a-new-day-8482-black-s/-/A-82752009
  • I just made my plane reservations for a 2 week beach trip at end of may/early june.  So then I turned around and ordered 14 sale bathing suits from Shein.  I'm sure at least half of them won't work, but they're so cheap and returns are so easy!
    Current pregnancy -

• Hi @sasasam and welcome.  Please make sure you stop by the introduction thread and introduce yourself!

Current pregnancy -

• @sasasam ooo thank you! I could definitely use those for work!
  • @kboydbowman that sounds so nice…2 whole weeks of vacation! It’ll be warm enough here to start going to the pool and beach in April and get in the water starting in May (some brave souls get in earlier) but there’s just something about going to a beach somewhere else that makes it nicer lol!
  • @laj0217 Normally my mom and I spend Labor Day week at Myrtle Beach every year.  Obviously this year that's no bueno, so my mom rearranged the trip to be me-friendly (i.e. before the "you really shouldn't be travelling" part of pregnancy starts).  She stacked our week on top of the week she does with my brother and I'm going to go for both - the first week it will be just she and I, and then the second week my brother, SIL, and niece will join as well.  I literally don't think I've taken a two week vacation since winter and summer breaks in undergrad...more than 20 years ago.
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman You'll be close to me!! I know you go annually, but if you want any new restaurant recommendations, let me know! We go down about once a month because my dad has a house in North Myrtle, and we also fish out of Georgetown, so we stay there a lot in the Summer.
  • @whitta1015
    I'm always open to new suggestions - we like everything but particularly enjoy Indian and Mexican.  I also love sushi places.
    Current pregnancy -

• Looking for a sage green maternity dress for my sisters “woodland wedding” in July (I’ll be 7.5 months)… any recommendations that could ship to Canada ???
  • @melyrae I'm not sure if they ship to Canada but Pinkblush has beautiful stuff with great color options!

@kboydbowman Hmm I haven't had any Indian food down there but you should try Nacho Hippo. I know there is one in North Myrtle and I think there is another one at the Market Commons in Myrtle. It's tex mex and SO good! I love their pulled pork tacos. Menu for Nacho Hippo | Myrtle Beach & North Myrtle Beach Mexican Dining
  •  Wanted to share that I got an email from Macys this morning advertising a 25% off Motherhood Maternity clothes deal. :smile:
  • @whitta1015
    we'll have to look into Nacho Hippo.
    Current pregnancy -

• pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited March 2022
    YALL I NEED RAIN PANTS. Any suggestions?
    My fire hose pants from Duluth have a timer on them 😂 I can’t button them bc they fit in the worst place possible.
    Kind ladies, help me stay dry. Oregon is being hekkin’ moist. What rain pants do you suggest?
    I am 5’5”, ordinarily size 8/medium. Still a size 8 so far at 12w4d. 
  • @pangolindrome enlighten me… what are rain pants?! I’m in Seattle and I’m v curious what those are hahah. If it’s super, super wet, I just wear knee-high rainboots. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @mk2022x
    same - what the heck are rain pants?
    Current pregnancy -

• pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited March 2022
    mk2022x said:
    @pangolindrome enlighten me… what are rain pants?! I’m in Seattle and I’m v curious what those are hahah. If it’s super, super wet, I just wear knee-high rainboots. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    it’s not really pants but thanks for the input 😂  
    I walk my dog three-four miles a day in the Cascade foothills whether its 0” rain or 4” rain per hour, so I need pants for the soaked days.
  • Ok, I thought maybe there was some actual thing they sold in the Pacific Northwest called "rain pants" lol
    Current pregnancy -

• Haha! Are rain pants not normal??? 😂 I'm from the PNW😜 like pretty much water proof pants that you put on top your other clothes. Often paired with a rain coat. If that's what you're meaning @pangolindrome, I've looked and finally found something here in Norway that'll work.

https://www.stormberg.com/no/dame/bukser/skallbukser/mobu-mom-skallbukse-10016790001
    I just got these pants so haven't tested them outside. They were long but have velcro at the ankle so I could make them manageable (I'm 5'4"). They say they're wind and water proof which is what I need. The belly part seemed a bit big but it's better than too tight and around the waist cinched so they want fall down anyways. If you can find anything else and you get these ones, I can help arrange them being shipped to me first and get them shipped to you. I don't think they ship to the US 🤔
    There is legit 1 store that sells maternity outdoor clothes, in NORWAY, where they all say "it's not bad weather, just bad clothing" and go outside year round. Anyways, I found one site in the UK that sells some.
    https://motherandnature.co.uk/product/maternity-walking-trousers/

I was looking in the states too, thinking REI or Columbia or something similar would have something and all I found were leggings🙄 could you try a pair of "hunting" pants? I think I've seen some that have a stretchy waistband so maybe they could fit under the bump? If anyone needs a business idea, sell maternity outdoor clothing. I promise I'll come shopping.
  • Cute bridal shower dress recommendations needed. I looked on Amazon and think I might have a last resort option if it’s needed but would really like to get some recommendations as I’m more of a jeans and tshirt person. This is for my step sister for the wedding I’m unable to attend so I pretty much feel obligated to attend the shower, especially since it’s only a few hours from here. 😬