1st Trimester

Drinking before 7 weeks, on and off symptoms

Hi lovelies!

I tested positive today and confirmed it at the doctors, rough calculation puts me at 7 w 4 days.
My symptoms switch either between extreme nausea and urge to vomit or very sore breasts, the 2 overlap slightly before I have one or the other more intensely 

Anyone have the same?

I have drunk alcohol (1-2 glasses of wine with dinner) up until now. And have read mixed advice about alcohol going through the yolk sac.
I had slightly lighter period, or heavy implantation bleed so thought I wasn't pregnant.
GP appointment on 28th
Any advice? TIA xx

Re: Drinking before 7 weeks, on and off symptoms

• l173 said:
    Hi lovelies!

I tested positive today and confirmed it at the doctors, rough calculation puts me at 7 w 4 days.
    My symptoms switch either between extreme nausea and urge to vomit or very sore breasts, the 2 overlap slightly before I have one or the other more intensely 

Anyone have the same?

I have drunk alcohol (1-2 glasses of wine with dinner) up until now. And have read mixed advice about alcohol going through the yolk sac.
    I had slightly lighter period, or heavy implantation bleed so thought I wasn't pregnant.
    GP appointment on 28th
    Any advice? TIA xx
    Not really sure what advice you’re looking for except to stop drinking if you haven’t already?
    But yes, symptoms vary between everyone and every pregnancy. They can come & go and it can either be normal or not. Best of luck. 
  • Thank you! Yes I have stopped, but wanted to know if symptoms come and go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you think drinking up until 7 weeks would have affected the baby?
  • There’s nothing you can do at this point. Many women drink before finding out that they’re positive, although most find out a little sooner than 7 weeks. Baby isn’t connected to you until the placenta forms closer to 9/10 weeks, but I would discuss it with your doctor and see if any extra fetal testing is necessary. And definitely stop drinking. There is no safe amount of alcohol in pregnancy. 
    Symptoms are different for every person in every pregnancy. Some women have all of them, some have none. 
  • Thank you!
  • Hi! I didn’t know I was pregnant with my first until I was 9 weeks (i took the implantation bleeding as a light period) and I was drinking a lot of wine. I stopped as soon as I found out and haven’t really gone back to drinking anything at all since I nursed him for awhile after he was born. I was really worried about it too, the dr. Said not to worry because a lot of women don’t know at that point. He had some health problems, but multiple doctors reassured me that none of it had to do with drinking. Best of luck and keep thinking positive thoughts :)
  • Drinking that early on in the pregnancy is not an issue. Our bodies are made to have babies so what we take in early on before most people realize they’re pregnant will not effect the baby like it would late into the pregnancy. Like my doctor said - if our pregnancies were that easily hurt the human species would have died out centuries ago.😉😂 And it’s totally normal for symptoms to fluctuate. Some days I’m starving, some days I have zero appetite, tired or energized, etc. It’ll keep you on your toes.😂
  • I was drinking through my 5th week, thought I had gotten my period with what must have been light implantation spotting. But I was feeling off the following week and my boobs were killing me lol so took a test and it was positive 🥳 stopped drinking immediately and have my doctors appointment next week so will chat about it then but thinking we are both fine, congrats!