Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: How do you typically spend Valentine's Day with your husband? What are your plans this year?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 2.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jellie603, I haven't started wearing it yet, but I did just order a belly band.  We'll see how long I hold out before using it, but so far I've taken all the pregnancy things on much earlier this time around than I did last time.  And with twins, I say go for whatever you want whenever you want it, lol.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/15 - 8w3d

FTM/STM/STM+:  STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: as tall as a ball point pen

Upcoming appointments:  I have an OB appt on Fri and then the anatomy scan next week on the 23rd, and then a fetal echo sometime in early March... I think the 5th.

How are you feeling?:  mostly okay.  Slowly getting better it seems.  Except for sleep. I've been sleeping horribly this time around and it's a drag.  I'll just consider it prep for when the baby shows up because we've been blessed with a fantastic sleeper for our first born, and he rarely wakes us up in the middle of the night so I'm super out of practice. 

Rants/Raves:  not really any new.  I want winter to be over.  Maybe that will improve my attitude. 

Questions:  natm

GTKY: How do you typically spend Valentine's Day with your husband? What are your plans this year?
    We usually just make each other a nice dinner at home.  My bday is very close to valentines day, so we usually go our for that (we did not this year for obvious reasons) and take a more chill approach to valentines.  We pretty much plan on doing the same thing this year. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: edd 7/26, 16w6d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Avocado

Upcoming appointments: Decided to transfer care to a different practice. Next appointment is my anatomy scan & routine doctor visit on 3/10.

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good. Lower back pain is starting. 

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: How do you typically spend Valentine's Day with your husband? What are your plans this year? My husband is not the thoughtful or romantic type. I realized this years ago. Today was nothing special and I doubt he even realized it's Valentine's Day.

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 19 weeks, 7/11

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:Boy

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a Toy Story alien from the claw machine

Upcoming appointments: next week for AS

How are you feeling?: Doing okay.  Feeling like i need to start telling my patients but sort of hoping I can wait until the AS next week. Also just dreading the whole thing - because the typical response is either them just totally not caring about it (which is fine) or being overly involved/'concerned/asking questions
    PHysically okay, just always feel like i need a mid-day nap, which does not work with my job

Rants/Raves: I was presently surprised at my OBs approach to weight gain during pregnancy and lack of being judgy about it, - my last office was okay except 1 OB who was unkind about my weight gain one time between visits without ever asking me anything about what i was doing.  Rant - one of the 2 OBs in the office is always soooooooo slow and he is now there on schedule with my appointments on the best day of the week I can go to not interfere with work. I had a quick check up last week, my appointment was at 5pm, i saw him at like 630pm.  I even tried to skip the appt and just go for my 20 week since i had originally rescheduled my previous appointment due to a snow storm but went because he wanted to "talk about things before the AS", which could have been a 5 minute phone call and did not change our TX plan at all

Questions: 

Historically we would go out to dinner sometime that week, it is the anniversary of when we "offically" started dating so hubby always likes to do something.  since having our son, we would go out with him since we didn't have family nearby. the last couple years we ordered heart shaped pizza and found a dessert to eat. Hubby always gets me a small gift even though we always agree not to

@Zwink1 any particular reason for the fetal echo? that was one thing my doc brought up as an option to plan for due to me being advanced age but then said it probably wasn't necessary unless they see something concerning on the AS.  
  • Options
    zwink1zwink1 member
    edited February 2022
    @runnergirl2018 it's a little bit age, but primarily because we conceive via IVF-ICSI w/ an FET (there's research that suggests that babies born via IVF may have higher instances of heart defects both at birth and later in life).  If there were any other risk factors present, I don't specifically remember them telling me about it, but I know nothing popped up on the NT scan so it's just precautionary. 
  • Options
    @runnergirl2018 I have a fetal echo in March as well and my dr wants it done due to having diabetes. 
  • Options
    @zwink1 @francesgs thank you. We may revisit it after the AS. My doc was saying that a lot of issues are related to chromosome abnormalities and I did NIPT and it was all normal so his recommendation was to wait for AS results but it helps to know other reasons it might be recommended 💕
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7. I4/ 18 weeks 5 days

FTM/STM/STM+: STM++

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out at 20 week Ultrasound 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    The size of a postcard today. 

Upcoming appointments: in 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: Good, just have a yucky feeling all the time! 

Rants/Raves: I had a little bleeding yesterday after some Valentine’s Day romance with my husband, never happened in my other pregnancies so I did panic a little/  I got a nutribullet yesterday, it was on sale and I am so excited to incorporate healthy smoothies into my diet! I also plan on making some baby food with it 😊

Questions:

GTKY: How do you typically spend Valentine's Day with your husband? What are your plans this year? We typically eat at a restaurant and my husband gets me roses and a card and I usually get him a card and a gift but we stayed home this year because I just feel yucky with all the restaurant smells! I have to eat cold salads, we are also trying to save money as we are trying to buy a house and I quit my job the other day to complete clinical hours that I won’t get paid for 😕
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 20th/ 17wks 6days

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments: next Friday for anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: Still dealing with congestion since about 8 weeks.. so over it. Other than that I’m feeling pretty good. Just lots of stretching lol

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: Anyone else dealing with congestion ?? How do you manage it? It wakes me up all throughout the night and I need some relief.. I am just scared to take anything on a daily basis. 

We usually do dinner and dessert. Yesterday we did lunch and a Costco run… 😂 so romantic 

• Options
    @jellie603 I'm gonna bet that especially with twins, the pressure and cramping is normal. I am getting Braxton hicks myself being a third-timer. They are normal after 16 weeks. But call your doctor! There's nothing wrong with calling just to make yourself feel better. They have that line for a reason.
    I feel you on the car thing. We had to go buy a car over the summer because our only car was just breaking down. It took me two months, but we finally found a car I'm in love with at a price I could live with. Not a fun process. I hope you can find one!! I checked the websites every single day. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/7, 19 weeks +5 days 

FTM/STM/STM+: TTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We think team blue, will be confirmed on Thursday!! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: The cartilage is turning into bone!! 

Upcoming appointments: AS on Thursday, midwife on Friday 

How are you feeling?: Eh. I still have to wear my bands, but the nausea is mostly gone. Still gagging on water off and on though. The sinus pressure/headache situation has been unreal. Generally achy and definitely overdoing it right now and paying for it. But at least I have the energy to do it! I've had a few Braxton Hicks, which I don't love but I also know is normal. I feel like there's no way I'm making it to 40 weeks or maybe even July with this baby XD. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: I've got neighborhood bus kids wreaking havoc outside my house. They are drawing on my car, terrorizing my cat, and today they're taking the garbage out of my bulk garbage pile, sword fighting with it, and just dumping it back in my driveway. While all the parents sit in their cars with the windows rolled up doing nothing. 

Rave: My husband has THREE! jobs on the hook right now. He's waiting to hear from one about flying out to meet the team, waiting to hear from another on doing the final assessment, and having his second interview on the third today. One of these has got to come through for us. It's also prompted me to clean out our storage unit/reorganize everything and just generally prep for moving. I am way overdoing it and my house looks like a toy and clothes factory exploded. But I'm trying to do as much now as I can because I'm slow these days and I have two toddlers and a family who still needs to eat. And I'll have a million things to coordinate and fix and pack once we get the go-ahead and like two weeks to do it. It's already been over a week of just me spending any time I can going through our stuff and cleaning our yard up and I'm not even done yet! My husband thinks I'm nuts, but there is no way I could have accomplished all of this within that time frame if I didn't do this prep work. 

Questions:

GTKY: How do you typically spend Valentine's Day with your husband? What are your plans this year? We've always been pretty low-key on V-day but with everything going on right now, we didn't do anything yesterday. I'm ok with it though, it honestly would have been more stressful with everything else on my plate to try and coordinate and budget something out. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @jellie603 what did you narrow your choices down to for cars? May be worth asking your OB for your peace of mind about the pressure and cramping you're feeling. Not sure if there are special things to take note of with twin pregnancies that are totally normal with singletons.

@cmhme that's exciting that YH can finally attend an appointment! I've also had those "oh yeah, I have a belly now don't I" moments. Like leaning over a table lol. Very unusual feeling.

@zwink1 sleep is for the weak! lmao jk I very much value my sleep. Too many nights lately of not going to bed until 11 or later is killing me. And the dark mornings isn't helping!

@stardustskies hope everything works out great after transferring your care!

@runnergirl2018 that's really great that they're not so focused on your weight gain. Overall is what matters right?

@simonaselvek I occasionally buy supplies for smoothies and then I never make them :sweat_smile: oh well.

@francesgs I've had congestion since around week 6! It has gotten better. I'm plowing through boxes of tissues like it's nobody's business

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jul 14 / 18+5

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: he's a disposable camera this week  :D

Upcoming appointments: next week is the anatomy scan!

How are you feeling?: doing really good. Have had a few cramps here and there, but don't think they're very concerning. Probably just baby moving around or things getting stretched out in ways they're not used to.

Rants/Raves: we're back to working in the office. Normally Tuesdays are my WFH day but we had 3 upper management people leave so now some guy above the president level is visiting us today so for the sake of having my face present, I will be going into the office today. Blah. Oh well.

Questions: Am I eventually going to stop breaking the hell out all over my jawline and chin? It is taking me weeks to get this garbage under control. And my back is looking terrible too. Better not look this way come bikini season!

GTKY: How do you typically spend Valentine's Day with your husband? What are your plans this year? We typically don't do anything but this year I asked him to take me to brunch on Sunday so I could have french toast or crepes for the first time in years now that I can eat gluten again. Omg were my fruit crepes delicious! We might just make brunch a thing every year even though Valentine's Day isn't always going to be so close to the weekend.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I've narrowed it down to the Toyota Highlander or the Chevy Traverse. I've read soooo many comments from other moms about 3rd row vehicles. For me what it comes down to is trunk space with the 3rd row in use (need to cram a double stroller in there and the dog if we are taking a trip), the ability to have the option for captains chairs (need to be able to either get the babies out of the way back or have the 5yo be able to walk through from the back), AWD because we live in VT and everything is a dirt road haha, and price point - we make good money but I WFH and I'm not spending $$$$$ on a car that I don't use daily. 

@tuxielove93 thank you! I forget that most 2+ timers get all of the symptoms much earlier usually. If it starts to get really uncomfortable I'll give them a call, otherwise I'll wait until my AS in a few weeks. You sound like me when it comes to car searching - I check the same sites like every day even though we aren't going to look until March or April 

@zwink1 I like your logic 😂. I didn't wear one with my first so this is all new territory for me

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/5 - 20wks

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out Monday!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Banana

Upcoming appointments: AS Monday 

How are you feeling?: Okay now that I'm finally over the cold I had for the last week. Finding myself feeling full constantly while also being constantly hungry has been difficult to manage.

Rants/Raves: Raves: Finding out my work covers all my 12 wks maternity leave while also still having 3 wks pto when I get back. Was worried I'd have to survive the rest of the year with no pto

Questions:

GTKY: How do you typically spend Valentine's Day with your husband? What are your plans this year? Usually depends on if hes home or if he's on the road for work but usually get something to go and watch movies together at home.
  • Options
    @tuxielove93 That's not ok! If the parents won't do anything, I'd call the police on them tbh. 
  • Options
    @stardustskies I’m probably gonna call the school tbh. I feel like a karen, but I’m too pregnant for this ish. If the parents are just sitting in the cars they clearly couldn’t care less and I don’t feel like going out at 7AM and yelling at a crowd by myself. I feel like the principal can handle it better. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Same! My nose is so raw! Have you tried taking anything? My husband wants me to try something.. he feels bad for me but is also kinda over my crankiness since I’m getting hardly any sleep lol to be honest I am tired of myself most of the time.. most of all my nose 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 20 weeks 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Banana

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan tomorrow!

How are you feeling?: Great!

Rants/Raves: DH spoiled me and got me a beautiful pair of diamond hoop earrings for valentine's day. We normally don't do gifts, so it was a nice surprise!

GTKY: How do you typically spend Valentine's Day with your husband? What are your plans this year? We picked up DD from daycare and all went out to dinner together! We hadn't gone out to dinner in awhile because of covid, so it was a nice treat!

@jellie603 - I got a VW Atlas last spring and I love it! It does have three rows, but I don't think a double stroller plus a dog would fit in the trunk with the third row up.

@cmhme - Ohh we should start a nursery thread! I love seeing people's nurseries and hearing their ideas!

@zwink1 - I'm so with you on wanting winter to be over!!! I need sunshine and to get outside more. 

@stardustskies - I'm glad you decided to transfer care to a new practice - I think that was the right move! 

@runnergirl2018 - I'm glad your OB is being kind about weight gain. I put my scale away this summer and haven't touched it since, so I honestly have no idea how much I've gained. Luckily my doc hasn't mentioned it either. 

@simonaselvek - Yum a smoothie sounds good right about now!

@francesgs - Oh man, I have a constant small post nasal drip - but I'm not really congested. I'd ask your OB what you could take regularly to help with it!

@tuxielove93 - Fingers crossed that your husband gets the job!

@inthewoods23 - Valentine's brunch sounds like a great tradition! I use blume meltdown on any acne that I get and it usually clears it up pretty quickly!

@novaghost99 - That's great news about your maternity leave!
  • Options
    @francesgs i take unisom nightly - helps with sleep but also is an anti-histamine.  Might be worth a try? I also use alfalfa tablets sometimes which are a natural antihistamine as well - and bonus of getting nutrients from the greens
  • Options
    @runnergirl2018 I called my dr’s office today and they recommended Zyrtec and Flonase. So I started that today and we will see how it goes. Thank you for the suggestions. If this doesn’t work I will definitely try yours! 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18w1d

FTM/STM/STM+: 3TM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a cucumber!

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan on 3/4

How are you feeling?: Tired. It must be a post Covid symptom. I’ve not been active here much because I’ve just been exhausted.

Rants/Raves: We are getting another big winter storm, this time with some ice, so I’m hoping we won’t lose power. I’m going to try to keep my kids at daycare as long as I possibly can so I can work.

Questions:

GTKY: How do you typically spend Valentine's Day with your husband? What are your plans this year? I’ve never been a big fan of this holiday and our anniversary is the week before so we usually go out to eat for that. This year though, my sweet 5 year old was super into it- she planned on getting me a heart necklace and made my husband take her out to get one for me and kept it a surprise until Valentine’s Day. I knew she was excited so we had a nice dinner and ate by candlelight with her. Probably for the foreseeable future, Valentine’s Day will be a day we make special for the kids.
  • Options
    @franceseg I sometimes take something but I also use breathe right strips when I’m pregnant. They do help some!
  • Options
    simonaselveksimonaselvek member
    edited February 2022
    @inthewoods23 We have the same due date! I actually got sinusitis from making smoothies, they were just too cold for my sensitive sinuses 🤣
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 ugh, I have so much acne (maskne) around my mouth/chin. Pretty much been there since the start of the pandemic. So over it. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18w3d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an artichoke 

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan on 3/2!! Really excited to see baby. My hubby and I are taking the day off work which will be nice. 

How are you feeling? This week was a weird one cause a got a stomach bug. 😖 Not fun. Kinda worried me at first but then I realized that baby will be fine! Lots of Gatorade, crackers and applesauce. Luckily I was able to work from home while sick.

Also, I feel like I'm starting to waddle a little now that the bump is bigger. Too soon? Lol

Rants/Raves: getting a little stressed out thinking about baby stuff. I did make an excel spreadsheet so that's a start!

Rave is that we told my father in law that we are having a girl and he was so sweet about it. He said, "since the day you told me you were expecting,  I've only been picturing a grand-daughter!". He's a really wonderful person and is so excited to be a grandfather. 🥰

We've never done much for V-day. Sometimes I make a nice dessert or something, but didn't have the energy this year. I bought some girl scout cookies and called it good! Haha.