September 2022 Moms

February Symptoms Thread

Re: February Symptoms Thread

• mine seem to be mostly mid-afternoon to early evening
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• raquelcoeraquelcoe member
    edited February 2022
    @x_tina729 YES!! I have the exact same feeling - like I’m hungover from drinking but mine is always mid afternoon at night. I’m avoiding taking Tylenol just because I’m not in extreme pain but also just really stinks lol. Hate that you’re going through the same thing but glad to know I’m not alone
  • Loading the player...
  • @raquelcoe I get daily headaches normally, but during pregnancy I notice being much more susceptible to worsening headaches from dehydration. I’ve been struggling with water from nausea, but I definitely think adding a liquid IV per day has helped keep my electrolytes better to keep the headaches from crazy stabbing pain. 
  • @mokay19
    you're giving yourself an IV every day?  Like fluids into your veins?  Or is "liquid IV" some sort of drink?
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @kboydbowman Liquid IV is a powder you add to your water that supposedly hydrates you quicker than just drinking water. It has electrolytes and vitamins.
  • haha that makes a lot more sense!!! I mean, I suppose you could be a nurse giving yourself banana bags daily, but this is definitely simpler.
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman haha yes, just a powder added to my water. I do not have the access to regular IV’s 
  • Is my body being nice to me because I was so sick this weekend and now I'm catching a cold so it's decided to stop with pregnancy symptoms, or is there something wrong? 

I lost at least 5 lbs in 2 days didn't weigh myself before but I was 5 lbs lighter than my 8+5 weigh in which was 2 weeks ago. So my pants aren't as tight. I don't feel bloated. I have no appetite, and not eating isn't making me sick like it usually does. I slept well last night without having to get up to pee. 

I seriously hate this part of pregnancy. Give me kick counts that I can do obsessively to check in with baby. 
  • @jhysmath add me to the wanting to jump to kicks for daily reassurance! Every up and down in symptoms freaks me out!
  • @mokay19 after your stomach bug did you feel you had less symptoms or none at all? Like even if I think I'm a bit nauseous I'm like nope that's not it. It's it from being extreme for two days and not holding anything down? Or are there really no symptoms now? 
  • At 9w4d, I've been having a couple of really good days! Minimal nausea, if any at all, and I have a little more energy to do things around the house at home in the evenings. I even had enough energy to do a load of laundry AND cook dinner last night. AND eat it! I think I freaked the husband out - he came out of his office and was preparing to go pick up something for dinner but I was cooking. He just stopped and stared for a couple of seconds before what was happening registered in his brain. Hoping this keeps up. Last time I felt like I was turning the corner on the symptoms they came back raging and knocked me back down for another week or two. Still bloated and constipated, but not nearly as bad as a few weeks ago. I've been taking colace every day and sprinkling a little bit of miralax into a juice every other day. 
  • @jhysmath I still have the bloating, but I’m on progesterone suppositories so that could be why. My nausea seems less, but I’m thinking it’s because I’m comparing it to how nauseous and awful I felt for 3 days straight. Otherwise, I never had tender boobs or other symptoms so I’m just sitting here worrying like the complete non-chill person that I am. 
  • Had a few really good days... now I feel the food aversions creeping back. Maybe its because I could not stay asleep last night and I am just so so tired.
  • @mokay19 that makes me feel a bit better. 
  • Anyone else have gross metallic mouth taste? Ughhhh
  • Anyone else gag randomly but not actually throw up?
  • Yes I gag and dry heave non stop. But typically don’t actually throw up. 
  • @chelsraec I haven't had it yet during this pregnancy, but I did with my DD. Luckily, it lasted less than a week. Definitely not fun! I hope it passes quickly for you.
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @elle-0409 thank you for sharing your experience. I hope so too!!
  • @chelsraec yes to the nasty metallic taste! If I'm not eating I'm chewing gum or eating mints and it helps a ton!
  • Feeling significantly better nausea wise. Definitely still there but less frequent and tons better since I’ve figured out it’s mostly caused by heartburn and I finally picked up some Tums. 😂

That being said heartburn is back. I don’t remember it being this early last time and I never have it outside of pregnancy but apparently while pregnant I have it terribly. I think I may have cried tears of joy when I got the meds. 😬
  • Tums is amazing isn't it?  Insta-relief.
    Current pregnancy -

• Ugh, I stink.  My armpits smell SOOOO gross.  I put deodorant on this morning!!!
    Current pregnancy -

• So my husband was sick all day yesterday with a stomach bug, and then my nausea returned with a vengeance this morning and I threw up right after getting to work. No idea if it was morning sickness or the stomach bug, so went home to protect other folks from possible illness. 

Now that I’ve been home all day and haven’t thrown up again, I’m thinking it was morning sickness. I’m not going to be mad at a day off and sleeping most of the afternoon, though.

Guess tomorrow I will wait and take my prenatal vitamins at lunch to try and avoid them coming up again.
  • @laj0217 we all had the stomach bug here. Me and 3 year old puked a bunch of times. The 1 year old puked once then had it out the other end, then she puked I think just once 5 nights in a row. My husband never puked but had the other end. It's a weird stomach bug going around that it hits people differently. 
  • I feel sick when I'm hungry and I feel sick after I eat, and a lot of food doesn't look/smell/seem edible to me just now. I spent the last 4-5 days with kind of a dull, unpleasant headache, but at least it wasn't a migraine. I'm feeling better today, and that would scare the heck out of me except that I just had a U/S and everything looks okay.

A quick heads' up to the folks with a stomach bug going around, I had almost nothing but GI symptoms when I had COVID. That's not the most common reaction, but it's definitely possible. Fingers crossed that all of you feel better soon!
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• @jhysmath perhaps it was for the best I left work and took a sick day then. 

@lilienne my husband and I both took rapid tests just to be careful, and we were both negative. So I think we dodged that at least!
  • @lilienne my husband thought for sure he had to have covid because he got a cold and then the bug he got a rapid and pcr both were negative. After feeling better, and knowing everyone at daycare got the same bug he was certain it was something he ate at a restaurant and we couldn't go back there.... His ability to understand where viruses come from (he also thinks my kids playing in the rain or outside when it's cold will give them a cold) and how it can't be good related if 20 people got the big and none of them ate at the same place, really makes me question his intelligence. 
  • I had the worstttt headache alllll day today 😩 
  • @laj0217 and @jhysmath neither my husband nor I tested positive for the first few days we were sick, but I'll cross my fingers you dodged COVID! @jhysmath I love your husband's logic. A college friend of mine did the opposite once when it was pretty clear she had gotten food poisoning at a local restaurant. It was her very favorite restaurant, so she convinced herself that we had all been sick and it must have been a stomach bug instead. :P Sometimes people just don't want to listen to logic, no matter how much we wish they would.
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• I'm 9w2d and a couple of days ago my symptoms lessened especially the breast tenderness... Is that normal or should I be worried? I am also not as sleepy and tired as before.
  • @knottie The placenta starts taking over in late 1st trimester, which can be associated w/some lessening of symptoms.  It's not inherently a bad sign, but if you are worried you can always see if your doctor can get you in for an appointment.
    Current pregnancy -

• Help with gas cramps please! I’ve had gas the whole time, totally fine with that. Today, though, it’s been terrible gas cramps all day and nothing I’m doing is helping: water, gasx, walking around. Any other ideas?!
  • Baking soda in water?
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman I’ll try it next time I walk to the kitchen!
  • laj0217 said:
    Help with gas cramps please! I’ve had gas the whole time, totally fine with that. Today, though, it’s been terrible gas cramps all day and nothing I’m doing is helping: water, gasx, walking around. Any other ideas?!
    Have you considered a probiotic? I swear by the one I take. It's the only thing that helps when nothing else does.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00S3PBJUO/
    DD 10/2019
  • @trapperkeeper87 my doctor gave me samples on Friday to help with the bloat but I’m actually wondering if it’s part of the problem. The morning sickness, gas, and gas cramps all got worse this week. Think I may stop it this weekend and see if things even back out. 
  • @laj0217 What were the samples your doctor gave you?
    DD 10/2019
  • @trapperkeeper87 I’ll take a picture when I get home this afternoon. I’m not sure what it’s called but it’s a pregnancy probiotic. 
  • Gassy AF. My OB says it’s in part because of constipation. Started generic colace this week but can’t decide if I should take it with food, 1-2 hours after food, or just morning and evening. The internet is no help. Maybe it doesn’t matter…. Anyone have experience?