September 2022 Moms
Options

February Symptoms Thread

We're only one day away, so I figured I'd go ahead and start this.  Symptoms or questions about symptoms go here.
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: February Symptoms Thread

• Options
    Anyone feeling lessening symptoms? I’m 8 weeks tomorrow & feel strangely not exhausted today.
  • Options
    @bumptink Yes. Mine have been lessening and I’m nervous AF. I’m 7+5 today so very close to you. My ultrasound is not until this Friday so I’m a nervous wreck and questioning everything and trying to stay calm. But I have hardly any symptoms right now and I’ve definitely been less tired the last few days.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bumptink I'm 8w5d and I'm finally feeling a smidge of relief from morning sickness. I don't want to jinx it because I know last time it was tapering at the end with a day of relief and then a couple days of misery again. But by 11w2d last time, I felt completely normal and not pregnant (besides bloat, which I don't really have this time). My daughter was born at exactly 40w and perfectly healthy, so just know that for some people that's how it goes. Try not to get into your head too much (so easy, right? 😉), but talk to your doctor if you're overly concerned. 💛
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    Just as I got nervous about lessened nausea, the universe laughed… and then I puked at work. I hate how being sick makes me happy right now haha
  • Options
    Nausea is definitely kicking in a full force over here. It seems to do a little better if I’m eating or sipping on something but of course pretty much nothing sounds good. Also completely exhausted and massive brain fog going on. Work has been such a struggle, but at least I work from home now 😬
  • Options
    Today’s the first day I haven’t felt like work was impossible. I’m tired and was nauseous when I waited too long for lunch, but I’ve made it the whole day at work without wanting (or taking) a nap and I even did a couple of chores on my lunch break. If I can continue at this level of tired/nauseous, I’ll make it. I was seriously starting to wonder how women save enough leave for after the baby! So tempting to call in sick the last couple of weeks. 
  • Options
    I am just constantly feeling like crap. Yesterday and today I have had a headache that will just not go away. Constant nausea. I think by this point my last pregnancy, all of this was gone. I would like if it went away soon 😩 (I’m 11+2)
  • Options
    @theblondebump You are so much closer than the rest of us to 14 weeks! I think that’s when it’s supposed to improve! I’m sorry you are suffering! You are almost there.

@laj0217 Hang in there! I’m glad you felt better today. Last pregnancy, extreme motivation to keep the pregnancy hidden and prove myself at work got me through. I was super sick, but thankfully had a private office and a door that shut. Walking around or curling up in a fetal position needed to happen frequently to keep from throwing up. I also took 10 minute naps in there often. 
  • Options
    @magnolia209 I’m lucky to have a private office, so no one notices when I’m not that productive! I also get an hour for lunch and have been going home for 30 min power naps - they feel more like a tease than helpful though. No actual vomiting, I kind of wonder if I’d feel better if I did. But it’s also not like I ate something bad, so that logic probably doesn’t hold lol. Even if it’s just today, having a day where I felt decent has been amazing for my overall mood. 
  • Options
    Omg yes on the nausea. I’m just popping preggie pops all day now
  • Options
    I’m suddenly so bloated! I look like I have a pregnant belly! Shit! I hope this calms down a bit before I have to see anyone! 
  • Options
    to get technical....you *do* have a pregnant belly!  :D
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    I'm still very early at 5+5 so this might be why but I haven't really hit major nausea yet. It's more like an insane hunger every couple hours for the last week. I quit calorie cycling and eat tons of fruits and veggies so hoping that will keep the nausea at bay. But it feels really ridiculous to eat even more food right now when there's no chance of pooping. Where is it all going?! 🥴

Definitely getting the tired brain fog though. 
  • Options
    @knottie1d6e389f3688f476 You can take Colace (just the plain one, not the one with a laxative) to help soften stool. It's the only thing that helps my morning sickness long term and helps my tummy feel better.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @kboydbowman that is exactly me. And usually whatever I think I want to eat is not actually what I want by the time I start eating it. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    Yes.  
    "This sounds good."
    Microwaves it.
    "This is not good."
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @Amphibious22 yes this! Asked my husband for pizza for dinner. By the time dinner came around, I wanted nothing to do with it. It sounded so gross!
  • Options
    @kboydbowman. That’s me exactly.  I’m so hungry all the time and I know I need to eat something to help with my nausea but the idea of actually eating is just so unappealing.  It doesn’t help that my sense of smell has also gotten super sensitive and just everything smells gross.
  • Options
    The constant shift in what seems appetizing is real!! So frustrating when you hurry to prepare the one thing that sounds good and then can’t even force it down. 

I’m having a problem where drinking makes me feel very nauseated- even water (especially water). Despite this, I’m SO thirsty ALL of the time. Drinking straight from a store bought water bottle is  about all I can handle. If I try to drink from a cup or something else, I can “taste” the cup and it makes me gag… is anyone else going through this? I usually avoid plastic water bottles for environmental/health reasons, but that’s going out the window these days. 
  • Options
    @blanket_girl I would recommend trying different temperature waters. I had that problem with my first and had to always drink water with mostly ice and out of my water bottle with a small top so it didn’t come out too quickly. 
    But I’ve known people who are better with room temp water. 
  • Options
    @mokay19 that’s a great idea, I’ll try it out today!
  • Options
    The fatigue is the worst. I have so much work to do but can’t function. Today my head hurts. I’m thankful for symptoms but also - I need to get work done! I have so much anxiety about it :((
  • Options
    The fatigue is the worst. I have so much work to do but can’t function. Today my head hurts. I’m thankful for symptoms but also - I need to get work done! I have so much anxiety about it :((
    If you can, go change your profile name so people can actual tell who you are and get to know you better! 

But yes, the afternoon fatigue for me is strong!
  • Options
    My morning (ha!) sickness is finally easing up a bit after a dreadful weekend, but it's definitely still there and I'm still miserable. Add in a toddler who has decided, yet again, to drop her nap, and I'm exhausted. She still goes down for quiet time, but the time is quiet for no one. 😖
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    The nausea is terrible this time around for me. A stomach bug also just went through our house so I have no idea if I’m exhausted and nauseous from pregnancy or illness or both 😅
    Anniversaryimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes!! Bottomless pit since like week 4!!! I’m 8+4 and my symptoms are slowly going away. 
  • Options
    Man I feel like my symptoms have really ramped up in the past few days. I passed out on the couch last night at 7 and honestly feel like I could go to bed right now too. Also I peed like every 90 minutes all day today. That mixed with eating weird foods I'd normally never like has me feeling at least a bit more hopeful about my next u/s. Still no nausea, but I feel like I can tick the box for every other first trimester symptom. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    Every evening when I take off my bra, my nipples are painfully hard and feel a little oily.  I love non-work days so I don't have to deal with bras - they hurt enough just hanging out without the bra.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    All I want to do is sleep and eat bagels. I went grocery shopping and everything was just ew. Well, I did buy chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream
  • Options
    I can keep fruits down and water (sometimes I can handle a coke with lots of ice) fatigue, mood swings, and very bad food aversion (sight and smell)
  • Options
    @chelsraec same!  My grocery was out of bagels today and I was so sad.
  • Options
    @beccaneu that is tragic. Get yourself to the bagel store.
  • Options
    @chelsraec Unfortunately the only bagel place that’s decent in our area is a decent drive away.  Maybe I’ll have to sent my husband out.
  • Options
    I'm not even really craving bagels, but after this thread, I feel compelled to get some tomorrow. Lol. It's like we're fueling each other's cravings now. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    SEE the bagel...BE the bagel...nananananana

(I am probably dating myself here)
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @beccaneu gave him get a dozen and freeze some. Future you will thank you
  • Options
    I just put mini bagels on my grocery order today so I could make my toddler homemade pizza bagel bites, but the more I think about it, I just want to make them for myself...
  • Options
    theblondebumptheblondebump member
    edited February 2022
    @whitta1015 your mini bagel comment reminded me of a funny interaction this week with DH. Previously we bought a bunch of bagels and I was eating like one a day. The next time I went to the store, I got the mini bagels so I wouldn't be eating a full size bagel every day. A day or two later, I was like, I need a snack. DH goes, do you want a couple mini bagels? I was like a couple?! And he was like yeah, these ones are smaller, I figured you could have a few since they're small. HAHA. (they are not like bagel bite size, they are like slightly smaller than regular bagels)