October 2022 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• Loading the player...
  • Hey Mamas, I’m Bri!

I’m 35 and “recently” engaged in November after 6 years together. We live just outside of Tampa, FL. This is our 2nd “try” and my first pregnancy! (Still doesn’t feel real to say that) I say “try” because we had decided to put baby on the back burner while we wedding plan. But knew that if it happened, we would be ok putting off the big day.

Based on my last period, tentative due date is 10/4/22. Confirmation appt is scheduled for 2sDay (2/22/22)

I’m pretty in tune with my body, so when my period hadn’t shown up and had none of my regular signs by day 33, I was suspicious. I use the Flo app and saw we had done the deed on the fringe of my predicted fertile window. Finally took a test the morning of day 36 and got my BFP! Took another test that night just to be sure, then broke the news to my fiancé.

We have always wanted a family so we are very excited! We love sports and true crime stories. Our 7 y.o. pittie, Yoda, is amazing with babies and kids. But so far, he doesn’t seem phased by the news lol :)

So far I’m feeling pretty normal… at least as normal as can be a few weeks post covid :( Hopeful for a smooth, uneventful pregnancy! I’m committed to taking the best care of my body and this growing blessing as I can! And I’m so thankful to have found this forum to meet and support all of you!!
  • Hey! I’m 38 from Ontario as well :)
  • mcclannamcclanna member
    edited February 2022
    Hi! My name is Anna and I’m 33 pregnant with my first. Currently living in Brooklyn NY but mid move to Chatham NJ. Found out because I was using strips on Amazon to determine my ovulation, and ended up getting pregnant in the first month on the first try so pretty crazy and unexpected. Other than that, absolutely no symptoms and a good amount of energy! My first appointment is on Monday so curious to see what the future holds. 
  • Hi my name is Shannon and I’m 26. This is our first pregnancy and I’m due the day after my birthday on October 3rd!
    I live in Illinois. I found out when I was two days late. Decided to take a test and boom positive.
    I’m a pediatric nurse and I love my job!! We have two dogs. Renegade our Belgian Malinois and Bucky our corgi/Aussie mix. My husband is a police officer.
    Other than feeling very tired and some low back pain I’ve felt great!
  • edited February 2022
    hello! My name is Hayley Rae.
    I am 25, no children.
    i am a banker and bartender.

My partner and I have two 5 y/o dogs
    we’ve been trying to conceive since september.

On 11/18/21 it was confirmed i had an ectopic pregnancy. it was super emotional for me and i am so happy to have conceived again so fast.

we found out 1/20/2022 i was pregnant again. via at home test.
    DUE Date 10/4/2022

Symptoms
    • i went to OB/GYN for demobilizing lower pelvic/abdominal pain, they did an ultra sound.
    • 1 sac, measured 5 weeks 6 days, inter-uterine.
    HCG level at 5 weeks 3 days - 11,998. they kinda just sent me home, no guidance just said it wasn’t ectopic and sent me on my way. told me they would follow up today.

• vomiting /nausea
    • severe constipation
    • insomnia - hard to through the night
    • indigestion / burping
    • Thirsty ALL THE TIME
    • bloating
    • fatigue

Emotions
    • emotional as heck. i’m scared i wanted to be a mother so badly and now all i can think about is being a good mother and raise a good human without passing on trauma. Then so excited for this adventure and to be creating and growing a life inside of me is mind blowing and beautiful.

still concerned about HCG being 11,998 at 5 weeks and 3 days. i’ll update if i hear from the doctors.
  • Introduce yourself: hi! I’m 33 from California. Excited to be here

Due date? Estimated Oct 16

How did you find out? Been trying since we had a chemical pregnancy back in November. Hoping this one sticks around! 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I’m a SAHM to my 14 month old son. My husband and I will celebrate our 5 year anniversary this summer. I enjoy baking, trash tv, and football

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I knew something was up when I woke up feeling like I got hit by a bus after having 1 beer with dinner last night. That’s all I got, haha
  • Good luck
    i have the same estimates due date 
    also anxious feelings until the first real dr appointment 
  • Hi everyone!

My name is Maya. I'm 30 and located in Chicago. 

Estimated due date is October 11, first appointment is Feb 28.

I found out Feb 1 I was pregnant. My period was a day late but I didn't think much of it because I had experienced what I thought were my usual PMS symptoms (headache & tender breasts). That morning during my workout I was very low energy and just felt...off. I took a test just to humor myself and wound up with a positive!

My boyfriend and I are so excited about this sweet surprise. I have a daughter in 1st grade from a previous relationship and I'm hoping she's as excited as we are when we share the news.

So far my symptoms have been tender breasts, mild cramping and a little nausea if I get too hungry.
  • **lurking**
    @emilye13 I’m so happy to see you in another bmb so soon! Sending you all the sticky baby vibes for a healthy and uneventful 9 months!!
  • leobaby023leobaby023 member
    edited February 2022
    Hello. My name is TeIana. I’m 27, I live in Indiana and this is my 3rd pregnancy. I have a 5 y/o girl (6 in May) and I have twin boys with my husband who will be 2 next month on the 18th. I kind of had an idea because the few weeks before I took a test I was really tired and just wanting to sleep and was having headaches for days at a time. So I took a test the same day my period was due and a BFP. I have my confirmation appt. on Feb. 15th. I’m excited to have another little baby in the house but I’m also nervous that I have a possibility of having twins again. 
  • Hi!! My husband and I are both 34 and live in Florida. We are both biologist and love being on the water. We’ve been together for 5 years and just got married Dec. 2021. This will be out first baby.
    We decided that I would go off my birth control pills Dec. 2020 since we wanted to have kids soon. I had been tracking my cycle to prevent pregnancy but after we got married we decided to go ahead and see what happens. Well, one month later we are expecting!
    My period was due to start last Sunday and I was feeling a little different so I took a pregnancy test Tuesday…actually I took 2! And they both were positive. I told my husband almost immediately and he was shocked but so happy.
    We are a little nervous because I start a new job in 2 weeks and I am not sure what their maternity leave will be. But he is supportive of me working or staying home.
    My 1st prenatal is March 2nd and predicted due date of October 9!
  • Introduce yourself: Hi I’m Ashley. 36 from WV. 

Due date? We’re due October 1st

How did you find out? We did ivf. This was our second round. First round in 2018. We had my daughter and had one embryo left. We transferred that in March of last year and we’re unsuccessful. Went through the process again in October and had success with our January transfer. Took an at home test the day before scheduled blood work. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I’m a sahm. My 3 year old daughter keeps me on my toes. We love anything outdoors and can’t wait for it to warm up. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally) Feeling extremely anxious, comes with the territory. My first scan is this coming Friday at the fertility clinic. Hoping that will put me at ease. Feeling okay just very very tired, some heartburn but not too bad. I’ve had a couple episodes of nausea but nothing bad. And some cramping. 
  • Introduce yourself: Hi everyone! I'm Justine, 33, from Minnesota

Due date? I'm due October 1st (not yet confirmed by the doctor)

How did you find out? I was just a little late, and decided to take a test for the heck of it and was SHOCKED to see it was positive! 

Tell us about yourself - I'm married and we have one daughter who is 6. We always said we were a "one and done" family, but we're very excited about this new surprise. I'm a travel advisor and my husband is an architect. I love cooking and crocheting and have already been busy making cute new baby blankets and booties.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) - My first appointment is February 28th. I'm excited about this sharp left turn life threw at us! My boobs are sore, and I'm praying that I don't have the unending nausea that I had with my first. So far, so good!
  • Hello to all the mamas!! I'm Kylee, currently I'm 21 years old and I live in Texas. 

My due date is October 2 (not confirmed just estimated using pregnancy apps) im about 6 weeks! I think!! 

On the 23rd of January I was expecting my period, and when it didnt come I wasn't actually too worried because of how irregular my periods usually are. But exactly a week later I had an insane vivid dream and woke up with heavy nausea. Since i already had a few, I took a test right away and it came back positive. 

My fiance and i will be together a year now this February, we met in highschool as friends and i have no anxieties when it comes to having him by my side through all of this. Ive never had a pregnancy before, I've only helped raise my baby sisters (my mom decided to start over when i was 17 lol) Usually I'm a quiet, keep to myself, independent person. 

All these new feelings are definitely welcomed, ive already made pintrest boards of how I imagine the nursery and how I'll dress my baby. But theres definitely worries too. Before I found out, I was weighing about 110 and im around 112 now, I was wondering how the other "petite" mamas got through this? I know my body is capable, something my mom said to me months ago lingers. I also worry about the financial struggles. Before this I didnt even have health insurance. I know others have even less than I do and still provide for their family, its just hard to imagine not being able to give my child everything they deserve. Its probably just the trauma of my own childhood. Also I am so nauseous all day everyday, i feel like a bad mom for wishing the first trimester would end already :(
  • *Lurking from September BMB* 
    @knottie869213b08bd16ce2 - Don't worry about being petite. Your mom was right... your body is built for this and knows what to do. I was 103lbs when I got pregnant with my first and birthed her naturally. She was 7lbs. 14oz. Starting this pregnancy at the same weight!
  • Congratulations! I'm from Ohio too!
  • Hi y’all! My name is Michelle. I’m 36 years old and live in the Florida Panhandle. 

We have not had our due date confirmed just yet, but according to our calculations we are looking at the beginning of October. Our first ultrasound will be on the 21st.

My husband and I have a 10 year old son. We have been in infertility treatment for the last 5.5 years, with one loss at 10 weeks this past summer. So far my blood draws and symptoms all look great this go around. We are looking so forward to sharing the news with our son and family soon and welcoming this beautiful little rainbow into our life!
  • Hi, everyone!

I'm Emily, living in Boston, MA. I'm 33 (but turning 34 this month!). My husband and I have been together for 11 years, TTC for 8 months, and I'm currently 5 weeks pregnant with our first child ☺️

EDD: October 12, 2022( not yet confirmed by doctor).

I got my first BFP on February 2, which is a Pagan holiday Imbolc: a holiday for planting a figurative "seed" for you to nurture throughout the year. Well, I got a literal seed, lol!

I told my husband right away. We're waiting to tell my parents when I see them in person in a few weeks, and then we'll call his folks (they live out of state) and tell our close friends. The EDD is close to my mom's birthday, so I am hoping to give her her first grandchild then 🥰

A bit about me: I WFH in Marketing. In non-pandemic times, I love the performing arts, but in recent years I've been spending my free time on yoga, reading, playing board games and video games, hanging out with friends, crafting, and learning Mandarin. We have 2 Siamese cats (Artemis and Calliope) that we are obsessed with, and so excited to give them a human sibling.

How am I feeling so far? Cautiously optimistic, excited, impatient, and nervous. Most of all, feeling grateful no matter what happens. Physical symptoms are mostly fatigue, sore boobs, elevated body temp and heart rate, and night sweats (fun!).

I have emetophobia (fear of vomit), for which I've been in therapy for years. No MS symptoms yet, but I'm bracing myself for the (probably) inevitable. I started an emetophobia support thread in the 1st trimester forum if anyone else suffers from this, too!
  • My due date is Oct 11 and I found out I was expecting Feb 1st -
  • Introduce yourself:
    Hi!
    I am Tara, and I’m 26 years old. My husband and I had been TTC for 6 months.

Due date?
    Oct 12th!

How did you find out?
    Well initially I had some spotting, and I thought I was starting my period. I felt very upset. However, my spotting stopped, so I decided to take a test just to see. I was so shocked when it said I was pregnant. I took one more just to be sure!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    This is going to be my first baby. I currently have a cat named Oliver that I inherited lol I teach at a Montessori school; however, I plan on this being my last year of teaching for a while, so I can stay home with the baby. I like to water color paint, swing dance, travel, and go on walks.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)

I am feeling anxious. I want the pregnancy to go well. I had a blood test yesterday that confirmed I am 5 weeks along. However, I don’t have my first appointment until March 22nd. I have to pee constantly and my smeller is on point lol I also randomly feel a little dizzy and have heart palpitations (which are relatively common for me in general).
  • @bows22 Hey!!!! So glad you are joining us here!! Fingers crossed for a great second beta!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Hi everyone, I’m Ellie from Seattle I’m a romance author and this is my very first pregnancy! I am having symptoms on and off and found out at 9DPO after some very lucid pregnancy dreams the night before. Was a total trip!

If anyone is in the Seattle area and would ever like to grab a non alcoholic beer let me know!
  • amk4921amk4921 member
    edited February 2022
    Introduce yourself:

Due date: I think Oct 6th, but not confirmed

How did you find out: I just “felt” pregnant the day before I was supposed to get my period. I made myself wait to take a test in the morning and didn’t sleep all night. Finally at 4am I got up and took it. I am still in shock how quickly it happened! 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    This is my first pregnancy and I don’t have any pets. My husband and I were going to start trying in February but this little one surprised us! I work at a technology and research company and teach yoga at CorePower

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I’m feeling excited but also that this is surreal and afraid to get too excited this early. My first appt is just tests on Feb 15th. Symptom wise it’s all classic nausea, tired, sore breasts but manageable for now! 

Ps I’m having trouble changing my username