June 2022 Moms

The Great Name Thread

13»

Re: The Great Name Thread

• I’ve sort of settled on a boy’s name (and I say I not we, because the spousal unit has not provided any input so I’m going to stop worrying the decision to death), but I’ve also only had one friend react positively when I told them. Sigh. So now I’m just not telling people. 😝
    For a boy, I like Gulliver Flint. I came up with the first name, spousal unit came up with the middle. 
    For a girl, he came up with Cassia which I like but I am having the hardest time on figuring out a middle that I like or that we can agree on. Front runners right now are:
    Cassia Serafina
    Cassia Beatrix (he doesn’t like)
    Then since I can’t settle on a girl name I keep going back to Clementine. Which he hasn’t said no to. So maybe we’ve got it narrowed down? Maybe? 
  • @fluteling Having it narrowed down seems like a good place to be with a couple months left! I’m not sharing the names with anyone but this board because I absolutely will not be able to handle the noise around it. I do not need anyone’s opinions but DH. Also, I think all the names you mentioned are wonderful  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • edited March 2022
    @fluteling Nice names especially Cassia. I still have no idea what to name this baby. 
  • @pinkkillersheep thanks! Gilbert was one that was on my list, too 🤓
    @romeoandjuliet146 thanks! He has some pretty good ideas sometimes 😆 but names are haaaaaard 
  • @fluteling same thing here. We don't share any of the names with anyone we know, even parents. Don't need anyone's opinions. You guys are the only ones who know what names we're even considering lol. We did tell people we're going with a letter C and we just get random phone calls from close family or friends saying "I have the perfect name suggestion for you... Thanks, but no thanks. I've ready every baby name website. Nothing you will offer is anything I haven't already seen or considered. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @Tulips29 Haha it’s so true, like how do people think they can suggest something I haven’t already seen when I’ve spent hours scrolling name lists?
  • Yeah telling people is a mistake. Every time I think I've made a decision, someone reacts with a grimace like "That's a choice" and I'm back to fretting. 
    We've landed on Elliot. I think the middle name will be John or James. My mom thinks I should go with a traditional first name and nontraditional middle name, my MIL feels the opposite.
  • binxybabybinxybaby member
    edited April 2022
    We're thinking Archer. I'm not 100 percent sold, but my husband and I really struggle with agreeing and we both like Archer.

Now...Archer T? Archer Gray? Archer James? Archer Blake?
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Jameson George is ours. 🥰 
  • @binxybaby I really like Archer Gray or Arches James :smile:

@mamamarthaof2 Jameson George sounds lovely as well! 

We're still undecided. Welp. I truly don't know at this point and feel like we're back to square 1 with all the C names we've considered before. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• MIL made fun of both of our baby name ideas and I’m now decided that no one will know what name we picked until birth. I’m so irritated. 
  • @marionberry19 That was rude of her. It is hard enough to choose a name without having someone make fun of them. I liked the names you had posted on here. If those were the ones she didn't like, I don't know why she wouldn't. They were pretty and unique.
  • @marionberry19 I loved your names! MIL can suck it.

All the people getting shade for their name choices makes me glad we’re not telling anyone. I can handle people whining about not knowing. I can’t handle noise around our choices.
  • @marionberry19 I don’t know if I’ve told this story before, but my mother did something similar when I told her the name Everett. She said he would get bullied on the playground (among other things). And there are a bajillion Everetts now. It’s a super common and trendy name. Parents and in-laws don’t know what they don’t know and they open their mouths anyway. Both options you’ve said before are beautiful. 💕
  • @marionberry19 I love your names! Girl names are so fun! I'm personally a fan of Aurora Evelyn Reign, but both are gorgeous!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @marionberry19 what is wrong with people.  I agree with @pinkkillersheep and she can suck it. Your names are beautiful. 
  • I love the name reign!
    I’m currently pregnant with my third son and so we’re thinking of going with Atlas, but struggling with a middle name, I really like Wolf for a middle name.

My other two are Silas Roam and James Orion
  • Long post ahead…

My boyfriend and I have been struggling with finding a boy name since finding out we were pregnant. We pretty much immediately found a girl name we liked, but of course it turned out we’re having a boy. 

I’ve been set on the name Leonard, nicknamed Lenny, since the beginning. My boyfriend didn’t like it, but he also didn’t really have any other suggestions. So as the months have gone by, we’ve referred to him as Lenny and it kind of grew on us, but we still never officially decided. 

Last week I got serious about offering any other suggestions, and I came across the name Weston and mentioned it. My boyfriend immediately loved it. So Weston it is.

The struggle now is choosing a middle name. I love the idea of having a one-syllable English word that could be used as a name. Examples on my list include Piers (plural pier), Crew, Laine (lane), Leif (leaf), Rhode (road), Miles, Grant, Banks, and Hue. I possibly still want to use Leonard as a name if we have another son, with the middle name Blue, so I’m inclined to take Crew and Hue off of my list for Weston so the middle names won’t rhyme. I’m also weird about odd and even numbers, and with our last name, I think the middle name needs to have an odd number of letters. So that takes Leif off of my list as well. My boyfriend is partial to Laine and Rhode, and I am partial to Piers, although I like Rhode as well. Since we both like Rhode it should seem easy enough to go with that, but I’m still not 100% on it. 

I’ve been trying to think of any other word-turned-names that could work, possibly nature/sea inspired. Any suggestions?
  • flutelingfluteling member
    edited April 2022
    @knottie64dcb70200acf80e
    Oh I love challenges like this. Here’s what I’ve got:
    Flint
    Briar
    Dart (not 5 letters)
    Forrest
  • I like Flint. Will definitely add that to my list.
  • I also thought Forest would be nice. My other suggestion was going to be Sky.
  • I just made a name post because I am new to the app and didn't know how the community worked so I didn't see this post initially.

Anyway, what name do you guys think sounds better Dakota William or Johnathan William? 
  • The app is a doozy so no harm no foul. 😂 I love Dakota William. 
  • I agree, Dakota William sounds really nice. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• I don’t have a name yet… not too sure why it’s so hard this time around?! I had a boy name from before getting pregnant, but turns out I’m having a girl…what do y’all think of Brielle or Elyssa?
  • @mamaheidy2 I absolutely love Brielle! That’s what we were going for with our daughter but hubby wanted Briella so we changed the ending to that. We don’t know a single Briella and I love her name even more now. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...