June 2022 Moms
Options

The Great Name Thread

Stemming from this weeks Monday Bitchfest and the fact we don't have this thread yet (at least I don't think)- THE GREAT NAME THREAD!

What names are on your list?  Have you officially decided?  Is there any significance to names you've selected?
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: The Great Name Thread

• Options
    So my son has a very strong unique name so naming a second child has been incredibly hard. We do not have it finalized yet but her name is most likely going to be Aurora Evelyn Reign or Aurora Evelyn Ruth. Evelyn is my partners grandmother, reign is my mother’s middle name, and Ruth is my great grandmother on both mom & dads side. Aurora is literally after sleeping beauty, no deep meaning there. We cannot decide on Reign or Ruth because I’m set on Reign but my mother hates it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Reign is a pretty name.
  • Options
    @ournextadventure I really like Lucas Daniel. My bestfriend named her son Luca (similar but not the same) and I’ve not heard anyone have trouble saying it other than small children. 
  • Options
    We are naming our baby girl Harper Willow. Willow is my middle name and also a family name. Kind of sad it’s so trendy now, because it was unique when I was growing up. And we both just love the name Harper. 

If we were having a boy, our top name was Finnegan Neale. Neale is my husbands middle name and I am just obsessed with the name Finnegan for some reason haha. 
  • Options
    @marionberry19 I really like Reign personally and feel like it flows better with Aurora Evelyn. 

@ournextadventure Lucas Daniel sounds really nice! 

So we have a tradition of honoring a relative that passed with a name by using the first letter of their name. Right now the only letter in play we have is C, but I'm not finding any C names for a boy I truly love. I like some, but still not sold on any 100%. I have some other boy names I love (Liam, Mason, Greyson) but husband really wants to stick with a  C name. Also, our first 2 kids have A and B names, so he loves the idea of having ABC kids. I just want a name I love and I can settle for a C middle name if I'm not fully sold on it. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    @marionberry19 Love those names!  Reign is such a cool name but I also adore Ruth because I like those classic female names like Rosemary and Eleanor.
    @ournextadventure DH is Lucas so I think that’s a great choice lol. Daniel goes really nicely with it!
    @furmama2babymama Love the idea of incorporating Willow; I hear you on feeling sad about it becoming trendy lately. Try not to stress too much about it though, it’ll have a wonderful meaning behind it.
    @Tulips29 I’m stuck on boys names but one I like is Colton. I wouldn’t use it because a coworker has a son Colton, but offering it up in case you’re looking for suggestions!

I’m pretty set on it being some version of Louise if it’s a girl. It was DH’s grandmother’s name and she was the true matriarch of the family. She had a huge influence on his life and threatened me about never hurting him after we got married haha. Personally I like Eloise or Louisa a little better but I’m not sure how critical it would be to DH to stick to the original name instead of a derivative.

I truly can’t come up with a boy name that I feel strongly about. Henry is probably my favorite but DH has an extended family member (who we almost never see) with that name. Nonetheless I don’t think I’d ever hear the end of it. I also have a last name starting with H and I’m not sure how I feel about alliteration.
  • Options
    @furmama2babymama love both Harper and Willow! It's nice that you've already settled on a name you both love. 

@pinkkillersheep I like Colton, but I can't get Colton the bachelor out of my head when I think of the name lol. DH Doesn't love it so we had to take it off the list. I think we'll be undecided until the end. I LOVE Eloise for a girl! For what it's worth, my daughter has BB initials and I've personally never thought about it much. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    bww_0331bww_0331 member
    edited January 2022
    @marionberry19 I like Reign!

@ournextadventure Lucas Daniel has a great ring to it!

@Tulips29 We have a Carson and if this baby was a boy the name would have been Callen.  Caden Caleb Connor Cameron Christopher?

We've never been able to decide on a girl name.  Middle name will most likely be Kate.  So far our top contenders are Maren, Layne or Alayna (nn Laynie), Anna, Rylie, Clare, Reagan.  Maren is the name that's been on our list the longest but we also really like Laynie (Laney, Lainie, idk) but more as a nickname.  It feels like we will never decide.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Tulips29 what about like Carter or Carson or maybe Caiden (however the heck you spell it) 
  • Options
    @furmama2babymama my first is Harper  :). DH wanted to name the second Willow but my MIL interjected since he is 6’6” and told him you don't want to name a girl who who could possibly be really tall Willow. 

@marionberry19 Aurora has been on our short list, but for the northern lights.  

This baby is Avery Isla.  I’m annoyed that Avery is a popular name. 
  • Options
    @bww_0331 Cameron is on my list of possible options so that one is a big maybe :smile:

@marionberry19 I actually like Caiden but my first is Aiden so I don't think that'll work lol. 

@KFrob this is why I'm a big believer of not sharing the name with family. I wouldn't even think of connecting a tall girl to a willow tree. Also, love both Avery and Isla. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @marionberry19 that’s a beautiful name (either one)! I’ve always loved Aurora.
    @ournextadventure that sounds great. Maybe it’ll settle more the longer you say it? Or you could do the trick of giving it as a name at Starbucks to see what it sounds like when other people say it 😆
    @KFrob i am also strongly on team Don’t Tell Family Possible Names. Waaay before we even had the first kid I mentioned the name Everett to my mom and she was ummm not complimentary. Now I just can’t get her comments out of my head. Ugh. I think Willow would be a beautiful name! No matter how tall!
    We are nowhere close on either boy or girl names. I’ve suggested Casper for a boy but my husband is from Wyoming so I think that’s too on the nose for him. And then for a girl I’m mildly obsessed with Blythe. That got a maybe at first and then got downgraded to no way last week. Sooo I’ve got nothing. 
  • Options
    @KFrob my mother in law when we told her the babies name might be Aurora she said “what are you going to call her? Uh?” Like as if that was the logical nickname. 🥴 

@fluteling I lived in Casper until I had to move away because I had a stalker, I still think it’s a wonderful name😂. Also, my maternal grandmothers name is Blythe or so I thought it was. It wasn’t until after her passing I found out that she was named Marjorie and renamed herself because she hated Marjorie so much. 
  • Options
    Oh my gosh @KFrob that is hilarious 🤣 
  • Options
    I would love to not share the name but DH cannot contain himself! He also starts telling people we’re pregnant 5 mins after I take a test when I wait until 12 weeks. He gets so excited haha. 
  • Options
    I woke up at least three or four times last night with the thought “Louisa Rosemary (last name)” in my head, which I take as my brain setting on its desire for this to be a girl and that to be the name. But now I feel like there are going to be a ton of Louisas born this year because of Encanto and her obviously being the best character in the movie.
  • Options
    @pinkkillersheep I think you are probably right that it will become a popular name this year. What about Eloise? I believe they have the same meaning. Eloise was on my name list until baby daddy pointed out her middle name will be Evelyn lol 
  • Options
    binxybabybinxybaby member
    edited January 2022
    @marionberry19 I love the name Evelyn, but part of that is because there is a little girl in my son's class named Evelyn and she is PRECIOUS. I also love Reign. It's a fun addition!

My current favorite name is Aden. I have no idea why. I really like the spelling too. My husband wants to pick an occupational name since our first kiddo's name means barrel maker. I'm okay with this idea, but don't want to necessarily limit it to occupational names. Also Aden means little fire. That seems perfect for a second child lol

@Tulips29 How about Cooper? Aiden and Cooper go well together (she says as her first is named Cooper and she really likes Aden)
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @binxybaby I actually don't mind Cooper, so will see what DH has to say. He really wants Charlie, but I for some reason don't love it for a boy. I really wanted Charlotte for a girl and her nickname to be Charlie, but we had to go with letter B for our daughter. You should go for Aiden, it's a great name! :smiley:

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    I have two boys - follow the initials L M. So we want to continue the trend. 

Currently between Luke Mason and Luke Malachi. But I am open to any L M combination. 
  • Options
    Sebastian. I don’t have a middle name and me and my fiancé dont care much for middles names so we’re just doing Sebastian(:
  • Options
    I’m having a girl and have loved the name Scarlett for years. All of a sudden, my husband hates it. Every other name sounds so lame in comparison. 
  • Options
    @pinkdaisylove I hate it when the spouses do that!!! I swear it’s a thing…
  • Options
    @KFrob my mother in law when we told her the babies name might be Aurora she said “what are you going to call her? Uh?” Like as if that was the logical nickname. 🥴
    Our first is named Aurora and we call her "Rora" or "Rory" for short all the time.

I have absolutely no ideas for our boy. Our last name is Reynolds, so we've at least eliminated Ryan, Burt and Malcolm. The family name on both sides is John so I've gotten some grandparent votes for that but I'm not particularly enthused by it.

• Options
    marionberry19marionberry19 member
    edited January 2022
    @mauvelousone you should consider calling her “uh” as that is the go to nickname according to my MIL 
  • Options
    @mauvelousone I love the name Rory and it was on our short list so feel like that’s a great nickname!  
  • Options
    The first born boy in my husband’s family always has the initials JJM so we’re going with Judah Joseph!
  • Options
    Ok, ladies, need an opinion here. DH and I are discussing names. So far we both love Chase as the first name, but he's hung up on it being a character from Paw Patrol and our son loves Paw Patrol. So he's over here "we can't name our kid after a fictional dog so he gets teased later" even though he LOVES the name. Ah! What would you do? 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @Tulips29 I don't think anyone would tease him. I would keep it on the list as a potential name.
  • Options
    marionberry19marionberry19 member
    edited February 2022
    @Tulips29 there are certain names that very obviously relate to characters for me. I.e Clifford. But I feel like chase is such a normal name, and the show isn’t named after him, that the connection wouldn’t be made all that often. And yes it happens with names but Belle, Ariel etc… they’re character names but they’re still normal names. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @Tulips29 I vote keep it on the list. My top girl name is Louisa, which happens to be the most awesome Disney character from Encanto, and decided I’d rather have a name I love than worry about how it may be perceived. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback, ladies! We're keeping in on the list for now,  but DH is still not sold.
    @pinkkillersheep I haven't seen Encanto yet, but I also wouldn't care as much if it was a name from a movie popular now vs 10 years from now. DH keeps telling me Paw Patrol is not going away anytime soon, so the reference to Chase will always be there, which is why he's even more hesitant. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @Tulips29 I think kids would think it’s cool to have the same name as one of the Mighty Pups. My son tells me “I’m Mighty Chase!” while running through the house all the time. 
  • Options
    My boyfriend and I have finally decided on a name after calling her our top two choices for a while and seeing which one stuck. Our choices were Penelope Bree and Noa Jane. We decided Noa Jane flowed better than Penelope Bree and it just felt easier to say. The names don’t have any significance. We wanted to namesake her to my deceased grandmother but her name was Deborah, no middle name and I can’t imagine naming my daughter Deborah.
  • Options
    @fluteling I love that take on the name! 

@happyhippiemamae that's great that you've settled on a name! :smile:

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @marionberry19 and while i love office ladies and pasta salad, i just can’t even imagine my little baby girl being little debbie 🤣
  • Options
    @marionberry19 Aurora has been one of my favorite names for a long time, although we aren't using it! I've always loved the idea of the nickname Rory.
  • Options
    @idreamofginny I have been contemplating on the name Aurora, I also love the nickname Rory. 

I actually don’t enjoy picking out a name, I find it way too hard 😞