June 2022 Moms

Re: Monday Bitchfest -1/24

• Petition to make Monday b*tchfest about the bachelor since I believe several of you also watch. I’ll spoiler this in case anyone hasn’t watched yet. 

What the heck is Shanae’s deal? Like the number of times I muttered to myself, “what a weirdo…” throughout last night’s episode. I’m sure some of this is creative editing but the only other explanation I have for why she’s leaning so hard into the villain trope is she wants screen time.

• @pinkkillersheep oh I love Bach discussions...I agree with your post and assume the same. It's like the mindset of any publicity is good publicity. Do you listen to Games of Roses podcast? There's a "player" on the show who has been coached and I'm dying to know who it is/was (if they are already gone). 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Loading the player...
  • @Tulips29 I have not but I’ll have to check it out! I’m always worried about coming across spoilers so I usually avoid Bachelor/Bachelorette content. But I love going full on four dimensional chess trying to figure out why people at the way they do on the show and what the producers and show runners are doing behind the scenes. It’s gotta be wild.
  • @Tulips29 @pinkkillersheep have you guys seen the scripted show Unreal? It’s based on bachelor behind the scenes and it’s crazzzyyyyy! Definitely recommend 
  • @pinkkillersheep I'm the opposite. I love the Reality Steve spoilers. He has had some former contestants on his podcast, and I like his insight on the show's editing and how the producers sometimes manipulate contestants into doing stuff to cause drama.

Unreal was a pretty good show. It was a drama about a dating show like the bachelor and the producers who run the show.

I watched last night's episode of the Bachelor and do think Shanae wants to stand out. I think a lot of them just want more instagram followers and screen time.

I was hoping the other women, on the group date, would go to Clayton and tell him the truth about Shanae and how she kept mocking Elizabeth for having ADHD. 
  • @pinkkillersheep the GOR podcast doesn't discuss spoilers, which is good. I've tried to avoid them each season but somehow stumble across them one way or another at some point. I'm unspoiled so far. Fun fact - about 10 years ago I worked with a girl who applied for the show for the heck of it, got accepted and made it through to final casting. Then she decided to back out last minute and told us producers almost held her hostage trying to get her on a show. Even went as far as promising her the bachelorette gig if she would stay and told her she'd last until final 3 and then she could come up with a story to leave. They offered her money even but she didn't budge. I truly think she'd go far. Too bad she was supposed to be on Brad Womack's 2nd season and he'd be like 12+ years older than her at the time. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• I don’t watch the bachelor or bachelorette but have a fondness for David Spades commentary on his tik tok about the shows. 
  • My bitch fest is baby names. I am stumped. 
  • I loved Unreal. I’m a sucker for a good anti-heroine. Y’all have sold me, I’m going to listen to the GOR podcast!
    @fluteling I’m struggling with names from not knowing the sex. I realize I could just pick some of each but I mentally settled on a female name and now I can’t imagine anything else. How are you feeling?
  • @fluteling SAME. We’ve never been able to pick a girl name and now we officially are team pink. Ughhhhhhh. I like several nicknames but not the full names that go with. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @bww_0331 I have the same problem with girl names!  
  • @pinkkillersheep I loved Unreal also! Wish they would bring it back. 

@fluteling do you have any themes or letters you're going with?

I have way more boy names on my list than girl names. However, I think we're going with letter C for baby boy's name and I'm stumped. I need a name that would flow with the other 2, work well in 2 languages, and it's a struggle! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I feel like Cassandra could work for boy or girl… 
  • @marionberry19 or Cassandro for boy in my case? This reminds me of the Friends episode when Ross and Rachel were trying to decide on their baby's name and Phoebe saying "if it's a girl, Phoebe...if it's a boy, Phoebo" 

For anyone wanting a laugh.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx28xWYV7aI

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @shoarmie99 I LOVED Unreal! Wish there had been more seasons. 
  • I feel like a terrible mom.  DD1 has this annoying dry cough that is not related to Covid, but doesn't seem to be going away.  I'm starting to get really annoyed when she coughs.  
  • @pinkkillersheep I am exhausted. As in crying trying to keep myself awake with a toddler and it’s torture. Ugh.
    @bww_0331 I’m sort of the opposite! Nicknames aren’t my cup of tea so I try and come up with ones that are nickname proof. Also for what it’s worth I know people that are names “nicknames” like Katie, Vicki, and Elsie. So you could totally go that route and embrace the short version!
    @tulips29 no letters or themes. Basically the requirements are neither of us can hate it, spelling makes sense, and no nicknames. Which you’d think having something wide open would be helpful, but nope. 
  • Okay so this is probably better suited for an unpopular opinion post. But oh my god why are people so weird about baby registries? If you aren’t going to buy off of it don’t ask for it. I don’t care that you didn’t like anything on it or that you think you know best what my baby is going to like. You quite literally do not have to buy anything and that is preferred over the snotty remarks about how displeased you are with my registry choices. 
  • @marionberry19 I have seen this entitled behavior with actually someone in my own family. I can't stand that person to be honest because they think what they select for their babies or how they are caring for them is "The Perfect". Oh my god, I sometimes don't know how to deal with such people esp those you can't avoid. Is this person on your list avoidable? If yes, just laugh it off and don't respond to them.