August 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/24

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/24

• Options
    @and_peggy That’s great, I’m glad things with your sister are going well, and even better that you don’t have to buy another car seat! 
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 but how do you pick snickerdoodles over chocolate chip?? 🤣
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well all...I got cocky today. Lately, I've only been able to brush my teeth for a max of 30 seconds... Today, I was feeling great and went a WHOLE MINUTE. That's a new personal record during this pregnancy, BUT I couldn't even make it to the toilet and threw up my breakfast in the sink. Yay. 
  • Options
    @brittanynmorris I rarely gag brushing my teeth. This morning was a whole new experience. Oof. Sorry you yuked in the sink. 

@mdfarmchick I'm very particular about my chocolate chip cookies. They have to be my mom's recipe (which is actually the recipe on the back of the Nestlé Tollhouse semisweet chocolate chips bag) and they have to be soft. Snickerdoodles just sounded cozy last night lol
  • Options
    is anyone else having aversions to more then food? all the stuff I used to love I can't get interested in. I love to read but can't concentrate, my favorite podcast is annoying me. I hope its just first trimester irritability. I'm not depressed just can't find .... contentment ?
  • Options
    @Katek819 I've been finding that sensory overload increases the "ick" feeling. So I may be feeling fine if I'm sitting in a chair, but if my loud kids get up in my face and start climbing on me and yelling (their normal talk voice is yelling), then I start to feel icky or nauseous. Is it a sensory thing? I also can't do podcasts, because the disembodied narrator voice talking at me grates on me. Like if I'm driving and the radio turns to talking it starts to make me nervous and lose concentration in driving. I'd rather have silence in the car than listen to the radio morning shows.
  • Options
    @Katek819, @wisewitch222 plus one to being extra irritable and unable to concentrate on things like a book and yesss to the sensory overload of loud kids in your face, climbing, wrestling and yelling. Ha. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro yay for no more allergic reaction but a huge two thumbs down to the plumber situation. Adulting sucks. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro Ugh, I'm so sorry for the long chain of frustration! Hopefully things all clear up for you soon. 
  • Options
    Update: He thinks it’s broken, closer to the street, which would mean it would have to be dug up and a HUGE project. And probably cost. Ugh. I had to leave to pick up ds1 from school and told mh he has to meet him there- because honestly I don’t even want to deal with it anymore. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro OMG what a huge hassle! Is it still your personal responsibility to pay/fix if it's broken off property? I mean, of course you want it fixed and who else is gonna pay for it but still...seems unfair. I am not a homeowner and have zero clues.
  • Options
    @starkette I think it depends where exactly it’s broken. We have a sink hole in the street right in front of this that the water company and village are constantly repairing- literally probably right where this is broken, and I can’t help but think it’s related to that. I don’t think it’s an emergency, and he said the sink isn’t related. But yeah. It’s stressing me. Also technically my mil owns the house. She lives downstairs and we live upstairs. We don’t pay her rent but we help with maintenance and repair costs. So, prior to this bad news we just planned on covering it all. But now we’ll have to figure out how we’re going to split it.  
  • Options
    @paytonpedro this almost exact thing happened at my mothers house. And of course the break was right before the city would have had to fix it. Not to scare you but this cost us $3000 in cash and that was with a huge discount and knowing the guy. I heard it could cost double that. I really hope it’s broken where the city needs to fix it. We ended up with raw sewage in the basement so there was no option to not fix it. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro oh no! I'm so sorry! I'm hoping it's out in the street where the city will have to pay. Sending you all the good vibes for this! 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro Sorry, that sounds like a really expensive and annoying problem! 
  • Options
    I just graduated my little guy from the allergist 2 weeks ago for his milk allergy, and said to the doc “No offense but I hope we never see you again.” So of course, yesterday my big kid had a crazy mystery allergic reaction that rebounded badly after Benadryl, which earned her some steroids, and yes, a referral to the allergist! She’s totally fine now, but why oh why, did I say this thing??? Tempting fate fail! 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the positive vibes, keep sending them!! It’s all bad news ugh. The break is before the village would have to fix it and we’re responsible. The kitchen sink has galvanized pipes in the wall and he thinks they’re corroded so that will also probably have to be fully replaced- worse case scenario. Best case, it just the first part and only one pipe will have to be replaced. He couldn’t do it today so until he can get back I don’t have use of my kitchen sink or dishwasher because it drains into the same spot. Ugh. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @paytonpedro ughhh nooo. This is definitely WTF Wednesday worthy. 🤦🏻‍♀️👎🏻
  • Options
    @paytonpedro oh noooo! I'm so sorry! That honestly really sucks. I hope it doesn't end up costing that much. 
  • Options
    @leahrnmom I've only been popping in there sporadically. There are some days I just can't do it, like yesterday. 
  • Options
    Haha @leahrnmom I’ve had similar thoughts about that thread, I think it’s the only one I haven’t opened at all. I know it’ll either make me nauseous or jealous of someone’s food 😆
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @leahrnmom yessss at this point I have over 30 missed comments. Part of me is like do I really want to open it? It is sort of intimidating lol
  • Options
    @leahrnmom right there with you! I cannot handle thinking about ANY food (this has been going on since about week 6). Scrolling on social media has been a NIGHTMARE. I never realized until now how often people post pictures of food! 😖
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick we really need to start doing that thread! Lol. I forgot all about it! I also want to start doin UO and FFFC! But I keep forgetting!
  • Options
    Bahaha @paytonpedro I’ll do UO tomorrow if no one else gets it before me. Although I’m lame and usually don’t have anything good. 
  • Options
     @starkette this speaks to my soul about doing any type of cleaning or straightening up.
  • Options
    @paytonpedro I saw yesterday she graduated too and immediately gave that board what it needed! So happy for her! Also yay for a bucket seat to use. 🥴 to the walls getting holes cut but at least the problem will be getting fixed. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro, MH is over here like, a little girl will look great in monster trucks and tractors… I just laughed. 😆
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick @paytonpedro If mine's a girl she will definitely be wearing her share of monster trucks and tractors. I have so many nice clothes left from the boys! And it really bothers me when I see baby/toddler girls in uncomfortable "cute" girl clothes. She definitely wouldn't exclusively wear boy hand me downs, especially as she gets older, and I do plan on infant ear piercing (UO, I guess?) so she would look like a girl before having hair, but I definitely won't overhaul the entire 0-2T wardrobe. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro go out for Mexican! That's our go to when we don't have dinner plans every time, or about once a week. 
    Side story: Our regular waitress knows our margarita orders before we even order, but when I told her I was pregnant she was so excited, she asked if she could follow us on Facebook!
  • Options
    @wisewitch222 oh no, she will definitely be wearing her share of boy clothes and I have some favorites from each size but as the only granddaughter on my side of the family, I won’t be able to stop my mom and sisters from doing some shopping 😆 And I’m sure I’ll want to buy something