August 2022 Moms
Options

PGAL 1/20

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Re: PGAL 1/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @paytonpedro @darkrose88 solidarity ladies. 

@paytonpedro I feel what you’re saying about the guilt around feeling disconnected in my soul. This is my last hooray and everything surrounding this pregnancy is so different and I still can’t get into it. My fiancé is all about it and wants to kiss my belly and rub it and it honestly makes me cringe. Then I feel guilty bc when I was pregnant with Dd her father wasn’t very engaged at all and it’s all I ever wanted. I asked for it, got what I wanted and now I don’t enjoy it. Know I’m always here to commiserate with you and we can always talk through stuff. ❤️
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream thank you ❤️ Mh has touched my belly when he cuddles me and like it’s sweet and all but I feel the same way you do at this point. I just feel fat and bloated so him rubbing on it just feels gross to me. Hopefully once baby pops out a little more, it will be less cringey for both of us!
  • Options
    @paytonpedro

this is how I feel. Without fail. 
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited January 2022
    @maggiemadeit thank you so much for your kind words ❤️ I’m so sorry yh can’t go with you to your appt. Mh cannot go either and it’s definitely different than previous pregnancies. Maybe you could talk to your doctor directly and see if he/she can make an exception? My dr did tell me that mh can come to ultrasounds which is the exact opposite of what the practice itself has told me. 
    @wigglyicecream yes absolutely same. 
  • Options
    @coco2787 where do you live again? Bc that sounds like a dream, a provider that is willing to reassure you! 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream I live in Madison, WI. She’s truly incredible, I’m so lucky to have her.

I’ll be back for tags later! 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @and_peggy your children’s reactions are the best! What little sweeties!!!
    @coco2787 that sounds like an amazing doctor. I wish there was more of that in health care nowadays but everything is so methodical, which is great, but not when your pgal. 
    @mdfarmchick I’m sorry your feeling icky. I know that place you’re in with how you’re feeling ambivalent all too well. It’s how I’ve spent all of my first tri’s. It’s almost like some how it makes everything easier without actually making it easier. It’s a weird mind trick for me. 
  • Options
    I’m going to put this here because it’s my pgal brain at work… today is 11 weeks and I took a picture because I missed last week. My belly is so much smaller than in either of my first two pregnancies. My logical brain is telling me this is ok and every pregnancy is different but my pgal brain is telling me something must be wrong. I have lost 6lbs already but I was skinny when I got pregnant with ds1 and even there was a noticeable difference at this point. Ugh. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro you've also been dealing with covid, and that's super stressful. So maybe that's why your bump isn't as big this go around. But I can see why you'd be anxious. Sending you love. ❤ 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro I’m sorry, really what an absolutely mindfuck PGAL brain is. You’ve lost 6 pounds plus the stress of COVID, that seems like a reasonable explanation for being smaller this time around. But I completely understand the stress. Any chance you can see your doc sooner than your next appointment? Hugs to you.

I have worry rattling around my PGAL brain too, and all the worry is getting worse the closer I get to that intake appointment next week. Every time I am pregnant I get this fairly rare complication called erythema nodosum (basically big super painful lumps under your skin, so fun), they think it’s an autoimmune reaction to pregnancy hormones. Only I don’t have it with this pregnancy and it freaks me out. 
  • Options
    Thank you @bridgiebee82 ❤️
    @maggiemadeit I can’t get in any sooner because I don’t have anyone to watch my children. It’s been difficult organizing appts around other people schedules. I’m sorry you’re kinda also going through this. That condition sounds no fun at all! I hope all is well at your intake appt!
  • Options
    @paytonpedro Sorry you can’t get in sooner. I’ll be thinking you until that next appointment! 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro here to echo what the others have said. Give yourself some grace, you’ve been sick and still doing all the other things that come with motherhood. 

@maggiemadeit hoping the lack of symptoms for your painful condition doesn’t mean something is wrong with the pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream I want to feel movement so bad too, it helps so much with that connection. 

@darkrose88 so exciting to have passed your milestones! 

@paytonpedro I’m sorry you’ve been feeling so awful, I hope things improve for you soon. Try not to stress too much about your bump- remember at 11 weeks baby is still less than 2 inches. I know everyone says you show earlier in subsequent pregnancies but every body is different and every pregnancy is different. I was way smaller in my last pregnancy the whole time than I was with my first, and if you’ve lost weight it makes sense to not have a belly yet. I know how hard it is to not stress about all the things. 

@maggiemadeit aw man I’m sorry your H can’t come to your appointment, I understand the reasons but it just feels cruel to make women go alone to these appointments.

@mdfarmchick I hope your appointment today goes perfectly! 

@and_peggy that’s adorable your kids are so excited 💜

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit i feel the same nervousness about my first appointment which is in an hour and a half and the worry has definitely ramped up the closer we get. I hope everything is well with the pregnancy. Pregnancy is so weird so fingers crossed you are just lucky this time. 

@paytonpedro I carried much smaller with my third. I was able to hide my pregnancy behind a mask and baggy shirts until we hit 24 weeks I think. So I wouldn’t worry too much about not showing yet. But it is so easy to compare with PGAL brain. 

@and_peggy I love how happy your kids are! Hopefully your ILs are thrilled as well. 

• Options
    @wigglyicecream I’m feeling this too. I definitely go back into how horrible that feeling was and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    Same @wigglyicecream, the recent losses have been so similar to my own personal experiences. It’s one of those things that’s hard to understand if you haven’t been there and no matter how long ago it’s been since your losses you never forget how those moments felt, I wish no one ever had to experience it. 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
    I agree with both of you. I’ve told people that I wouldn’t wish a pregnancy loss on my worst enemy. It’s the worst and most supportive “club” to be apart of 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream @and_peggy @coco2787 I am right there with you ladies. It sits so heavy on my heart knowing other women are struggling through it. It really is an awful sisterhood that I wouldn’t wish on anyone, but at the same time I feel so grateful for this group of women who understands the very specific pain of losing a pregnancy and the minefield of being pregnant again after a loss. Much love to you all today. 
  • Options
    Ugh yes I’m there too @wigglyicecream. I even had to mention one to mh because it especially saddened me knowing what she is going through. I feel so bad for all of them and as everyone else said, wouldn’t wish it on anyone. Such a crappy club. 

@mdfarmchick thank you so much for mentioning that! It actually really helps knowing that you carried your 3rd smaller. I have no torso and baby has no place to go but out so I carry really, really big…. I’m actually kind of ok with the prospect of carrying smaller! After the u/s in about a week I think I’ll be better. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro for sure I felt better after the ultrasound today. And as someone who has had early appointments with my last two, this one was really nice when I was 8 weeks because bigger baby was more reassuring too. But so much of how you carry is based on placenta too so maybe you have a different  placenta placement this time. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick that definitely makes sense! I know with #2 I had an low lying anterior placenta. And I had extra fluid so I was gigantic. Not sure where the placenta was the first time around but it was not anterior. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro did they just tell you where your placenta is or did you have to ask? I guess it shows up on US?
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 they see it on u/s. With my second I think I asked because I knew to, where as with my first I didn’t because I didn’t realize it was a thing. They never mentioned it being anterior, I felt movement early, and they were able to get all the pictures they needed of him.  With my second I also go a call after my nt scan from some midwife  (my dr was in the tail end of her maternity leave) and she told me I had partial placenta previa- meaning my placenta was over my cervix, it’s bad news. I ended up talking to my doctor a few days later because I was so upset about it and shocked that I didn’t even ask any questions, and she told me it was low lying and that it was too early to even really call it that because it would probably move up as my belly grew. It did move up and didn’t touch my cervix but was still on the low side of my belly (making 4d u/s pictures difficult to get).  
  • Options
    Hi Ladies, it's good to read your updates and see where everyone is at. Sending compassion vibes to you all. I'm a little behind this week. Sometimes typing in the bump app drives me crazy, so I just wait until I can log in from my laptop to catch up (insert old lady emoji here). 

Weeks/EDD? 9w/6d

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MC at 8-9 weeks in May 2021. 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally I'm okay, I guess? My next appointment is the NT on 2/9. My doctor said that I can come in anytime before then and do a scan if I like. Given that this is the period of time that my previous loss happened, I might take her up on that offer. Just a bit of anxiety going on here. But now it's not just about hearing a heartbeat, but also hoping that little one is healthy :( Physically I'm still experiencing periods of nausea and food aversions. It's this that makes me feel connected. 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

@maggiemadeit I'm also wondering what's going on with these dreams  :D
  • Options
    @zzz2022 the bump app is super glitchy and frustrating. I hope you get some reassurance this week. It’s definitely hard not to worry. :heart:
  • Options
    @Katek819 please keep us updated. Thinking of you tomorrow. Waiting 10 days sounds horrible. 
  • Options
    Thinking of you @Katek819 and hoping for the best.
  • Options
    @Katek819 hoping the smaller baby caught up and everything is ok. Thinking of you 
  • Options
    @Katek819 I'm hoping the smaller baby caught up. If it helps give you any peace at all, I taught a set of twins that this happened to very early on in their mom's pregnancy, and they are now healthy men in their mid-twenties.