August 2022 Moms
Options

GTKY.. whatcha watching

2»

Re: GTKY.. whatcha watching

• Options
    @jenkm1110 I love 30 Rock but yea it's definitely dated, like Friends. Ross gets cringier and cringier as time goes by and I get older/wiser. @and_peggy The Office is a staple but I agree, telling someone to watching it for the first time...it needs disclaimers lol. Especially Diversity Day. MH cannot watch the first season because it makes him sooo uncomfortable. Sensitive guy <3

@brittanynmorris I want to watch Cheer (and will) but I see it has an MA rating and my 8 year old LOVES cheerleaders...guessing it wouldn't be appropriate for her? I should probably just watch it myself and find out.

• Options
    @starkette It definitely is something I would recommend watching first! It's always questionable when the athletes are in college. There is a lot of strong language. Most are in short-shorts, sports bras, or topless - it's never sexualized, and always in appropriate context of cheerleading practice/uniforms. There isn't nudity, but they do talk about a girls nudes getting posted online and some sexual misconduct allegations. However, some positives would be strong role models, diverse represenations (both race and sexual orientation), and working hard to achieve! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also love the Masked Singer. I wish Lego Masters was on again. I love that show. 
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 DH and I LOVED Lego Masters!!! Hoping for a season 3!
  • Options
    @starkette I loved cheer and agree with the other comments re: an 8 year old. However, since one of the coolest things about it is showcasing the athleticism in cheer, if you end up liking it you could just show her some of the parts where they go full out (do the full routine) to get her inspired. 

I binged both seasons and found it super entertaining. 
  • Options
    What I'm watching right now: Resistance and Capacitance. I recommended (aka assigned) to my students lol. I'm so swamped between covid quarantine with my toddlers and end of the semester duties I haven't much time or energy lately and evenings have to be dedicated at least in part to school work.

Last night I did watch a movie for the first time in a while, called Togo, on Disney+ that I enjoyed. About a dog & dog-sledder (musher) in Alaska and based on a true story. It also made me cry several times, I wasn't sure how much was due to pregnancy hormones vs. exhaustion. I've been having pretty bad insomnia...
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @brittanynmorris and @buffythevampireslayer good points, I could probably watch it and choose specific moments to show her. I don't mind the outfits, we're all about body positivity in this house, but some of the sexual comments might be a bit much. 
  • Options
    @starkette I agree with @buffythevampireslayer - the times they go "full-out" are fascinating for some true athleticism! 
  • Options
    I’ve been watching way too much tv lately (Love is Blind, Tindler Swindler, Inventing Anna…) but I just binged the latest season of Ozark between yesterday and today and now I’m sad that I finished it all! 
  • Options
    My husband loves to watch movies and TV shows. I am the opposite, I prefer to read. 
    But we do occasionally watch some shows together, lately we've been watching the 2nd season of Dollface and The Great.
  • Options
    I also loved reinventing Anna and the tinder swindler. I also just blew through love is blind season 2 if anyone is looking for some trashy tv to watch. Now I’m watching severance on Apple TV which is very intriguing!
  • Options
    @twizzleraddict1 We binged the final first portion of the last season of Ozark too and I'm just dying to know what happens next and how the flash forward scene from episode one connects. But my jaw was on the ground for that finale. 

@buffythevampireslayer After the intense viewing of Ozark, my husband and I have switched to Love is Blind Season 2 for some light-hearted, trashy tv. HA! I'm a big Bachelor fan, but can't bring myself to watch this season and this is a great substitution. We loved season 1 so we can't wait to see how this one ends! 
  • Options
    @brittanynmorris same on the flashback (with buying the building right?) - interested to see why they went there. And yes wow, I was NOT expecting that craziness near the end! Also, Wendy always annoys me but this season especially, as a mom, I just could not get on board with her choices. Any idea when part 2 of the season is coming out?
  • Options
    @twizzleraddict1 I was talking about the car accident from the first epsiode! But yes, that flashback was mysterious too! I think I heard this fall but who knows! 

I'm excited for Stranger Things season 4 to come out soon! 
  • Options
    @brittanynmorris oh right! I forgot about the car crash. So much happened this season haha. I love being able to binge a season and I hate when I have to wait to watch more! 
  • Options
    @twizzleraddict1 I loved Wendy, I love seeing her get progressively more badass. I’m a big fan of writing women outside of their normal buckets for TV, love a female villain, etc. I think they do a good job at sort of showing her corruption but also the lengths she goes to do what she thinks is protecting her kids. It’s like a total metamorphosis from where she starts out.
  • Options
    @brittanynmorris LIB season 2 does not disappoint!!
  • Options
    @buffythevampireslayer when she is just a badass boss that gets deals done, I’m a huge fan, but then she goes and kills her brother or tries to send her own kid to jail and I’m just like ok, you are not a nice person lol. 

And yes! LIB - so entertaining haha. When I tried to predict the outcomes in the finale I only went 1/5 😳
  • Options
    Lol I love people who are not nice on TV! Her desire for control over their situation is fascinating. She’s as evil as the drug lord guy. In fact she f*cks him over. Another favorite female villain is Villanelle on Killing Eve. 
  • Options
    @buffythevampireslayer @brittanynmorris DH just told me that part 2 of Ozark is coming out 4/29/22! That’s sooner than I thought.
  • Options
    So glad I'm not the only one watching Love is Blind.  :D Can't wait for the reunion special. What a dumpster fire.
  • Options
    I just watched all of Joe Millionaire in the last couple days! Also watching the latest season of Married at First sight!
  • Options
    Started The Dropout on Hulu tonight - the Elizabeth Holmes/Theranos story, so good!