August 2022 Moms
Options

GTKY.. whatcha watching

leahrnmomleahrnmom member
edited January 2022 in August 2022 Moms
What are you watching?! What have you watched that you would recommend to friends?!

Re: GTKY.. whatcha watching

• Options
    laddy12laddy12 member
    edited January 2022
    We just finished Station Eleven on HBO. It was interesting but not my favorite. 

We just started The Flight Attendant and are also watching The Book of Boba Fett. 

I also watch Grey’s Anatomy and This is Us without MH but that doesn’t happen often. 
  • Options
    I just watched Encanto, again. Now it's on to Eternals with MH.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All football all weekend for me. I don’t watch much TV generally (not by choice, I would just kill for a day to binge watch Netflix!) so I’m taking notes of what you all are watching for my maternity leave. 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit I was kinda thinking that about maternity leave. I also don't watch much. I like crime and medical shows and my DD gets nervous about then lately and I don't usually stay up late to watch later 🙈
  • Options
    I just got Netflix after not having it for a few years so I'm going to watch sweet magnolias and also maybe try bridgerton. I like law and order organized crime. I also like the 911 series and I like to watch bachelor. 
  • Options
    @leahrnmom Omg, when my brother and I were little my mom used to watch Rescue 911 and Dateline and 2020 and she traumatized us for life. I went to bed every night thinking there was a reasonable chance my house would catch on fire while I was sleeping and I would have to escape out my window. My brother was always afraid the creepers from Dateline who "were never found" were actually on the loose in our neighborhood.
  • Options
    @wisewitch222 omg I loved rescue 911 lol. She definitely watches them too closely and gets anxious later so I've stopped. Necessary but a bummer for me. Even the bachelor, they make out like crazy and she just pays so much attention. 
  • Options
    We’re a sports junkie household so lots of football and basketball right now (and excited for the Winter Olympics to start soon!). 
    We also watch the NCISs, Young Sheldon, Kenan, The Blacklist, Lottery Dream Home… oh and we’ve also randomly gotten really into Selena + Chef, super fun and sometimes gives us dinner ideas! 
  • Options
    @leahrnmom We transitioned to exclusively reading all our news because even ordinary national news programs make stuff sound so scary! 

Anyway, I'm watching Ghosts. We finished the British original and are now watching the American version, which isn't as good but still funny. 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream love love love Schitt's Creek! 

DH and I just started Yellowstone. It's a bit heavy for me. I'd rather watch Gilmore Girls or Parks and Rec for the thousandth time than the newest hit show.
  • Options
    I’ve been binging Crikey! It’s the Irwin’s! On discovery+ and just sobbing the whole time. Idk why the Steve Irwin story gets me so much. But also pregnancy hormones and I’m crying over everything!
  • Options
    @itsme215 Lottery Dream Home is all I’ve watched all day. 

We usually watch mostly YouTube nowadays. We have Hulu and maybe still have Netflix, but finding what I want is such a challenge. We’ve started Loki but until I get out of COVID hell we won’t be watching any more of that because we like to watch Marvel stuff together. Until COVID we’d seen every Marvel movie in theaters since Age of Ultron, which we bought our wedding bands after seeing in 2015. 

I do love the occasional cheesy-cute Disney movie. Coco and Luca both made me bawl like a baby. I haven’t seen Encanto but it keeps popping up so I’m sure I’ll watch it this week. 

• Options
    @mangoandguava Coco makes me cry even when I’m not pregnant. I still haven’t watched Luca but from what I understand of the plot it’s kind of like the little mermaid right?
  • Options
    @leahrnmom I'd definitely recommend Bridgerton if you're into romantic dramas.

@wigglyicecream DH and I watched Luca a few months ago. It isn't quite like little mermaid but there are definitely little mermaid vibes. We enjoyed it. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Legit watched Encanto six times in the last month, and I’m a FTM. We also love Life Below Zero on Disney+ & loved Luca, since it’s nice to see a gay lead 🥰
    Station Eleven is phenomenal. British Ghosts was great, didn’t know the American version was out!
    Yellowjackets just finished - I’m the same age as the characters, so I’m a sucker for the nostalgia. Great performances.

Just discovered The Righteous Gemstones on HBO and it’s hilarious on a few levels. I’m also a 39 y/o who loves Letterkenny which is SO smart, yet so dumb. Schitt’s Creek is a classic. 
    This Is Us didn’t even make me cry last week, so, definitely going downhill 😅
    My partner and I never miss a Bachelor/ette - we don’t enjoy sports, so I say it’s his & mine version of the “sportsball” experience. 
    Finishing Joel Cohen’s Macbeth tonight - best version I’ve seen. 
  • Options
    Not a show but I just watched the movie “the lost daughter” on Netflix and it kind of messed me up. It’s a psychological drama if anyone is into that!

I’m in kind of a rut with shows and need to find something new to watch. I recently watched the last season of Insecure and loved that. 
  • Options
    I am currently watching NCIS, Downton Abbey, Catfish, and Married at First Sight.

Some all time favorites are Friends, How I met Your Mother, Gossip Girl, Brooklyn 99, Elementary, White Collar, Parks and Recreation, Monk, Chuck, and Psych. I also love a lot of reality crime shows and romance too. 
  • Options
    @buffythevampireslayer I really want to watch “The Lost Daughter”, it looks incredible, but I decided that I can’t put myself through it! I finally watched “A Star is Born” over the holiday break and had to stop halfway through because I saw where it was going and I knew I couldn’t handle it. I am typically tough as nails, but I am a marshmallow while pregnant 😂
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 I love 90 day Fiance! Are you watching the current season of it? Where they’re just meeting for the first time?
  • Options
    @paytonpedro i am not, my dvr informed me it has been recording all of it tho!
  • Options
    We are watching Boba Fett and the new season of Righteous Gemstones 🤣 It is certainly not for everyone but we think it’s just hilarious 
  • Options
    bridgiebee82bridgiebee82 member
    edited January 2022
    @tmartin014 I've never heard of Righteous Gemstones... gonna go do the Google on it! 

ETA: It looks hilarious but we don't have HBO.
  • Options
    Things I could watch any time: Parks and Rec, The Office, Gilmore Girls, Great British Bake-off, House Hunters International, Shark Tank

I like comedies, dramas, and documentaries. Love medical docs, that’s my main jam 😆 Also big sports fans here, and lovers of SW, and Marvel. Been watching all the Disney+ series. And we just got HBOmax this week if you’ve got any good recs.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    Oh man @bridgiebee82 if you ever run across a free trial it is definitely worth a watch 
  • Options
    @and_peggy SUCCESSION!!!! Mare of Easttown is only one season, so actually start with that. i did also rewatch all of SATC so i could watch And Just Like That, which i'm kind of hate watching tbh. 
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 and @betsummerswilliams OMG the Encanto marathon has been happening at our house, too. My oldest is obsessed. Which is okay since it's a fantastic movie. 

@meagan822 we definitely have the same taste in shows!

@anniemarie887 Bachelor/ette! Yes Katie's season was a mess and I've since taken a break, too. I don't even remember how her season ended, I think I blocked it out.

I finished the recent season of The Good Fight on Peacock. Loved it. I was a huge fan of The Good Wife but didn't love the ending, so having The Good Fight exist helps a lot.

Finished Emily in Paris. LOVE. All fluff and that's what I need right now.

Husband and I watch Supernatural (we've never finished so we are finally on the last season) and we NEED to watch Hawkeye and Book of Boba (though I'm way more into Marvel than Star Wars). 

I need a new show, though. Rewatching Gilmore Girls for the 500th time because I'm in a show-hole. 
  • Options
    @and_peggy I second Mare of Easttown - sooo good. They also have a mini series on the Chernobyl nuclear plant situation and it was really good. 
  • Options
    @and_peggy and @laddy12 I heard Kate Winslet say that the Delco accent she had to learn for Mare of East town was the most difficult. We certainly say things differently around here, and we can totally tell when an actor isn't from the area. She did a good job! 

@starkette how could I forget about Supernatural?! I need to finish it too!
  • Options
    @laddy12 @anniemarie887 thanks for the suggestions. I’ll have to check them out!

@starkette Hawkeye was amazing! Get on that ASAP. We’re caught up on Book of Boba. It’s good and interesting but I have to pause and ask my husband a question every 5 seconds 😆
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @bridgiebee82 They didn't get the word "no" right. My spouse is from Delco so we had to watch it (it was good on its own, too!) and they did a pretty good job with the long-o sound in every other word, but it's different in "no," which is more like "nah." (My spouse thinks I'm wrong, but I have been asking him to repeat his answer to yes/no questions for fifteen years because "yah" and "nah" sound almost exactly the same.
  • Options
    @wisewitch222 haha that's true. Have you ever seen Aunt Mary Pat's stand up? Omg if you get the chance, go on FB and look up Aunt Mary Pat. "Hey youse guys!" 
  • Options
    anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited January 2022
    @bridgiebee82 and @wisewitch222 yessss people who want to discuss the Mare/Delco accent! There was a fabulous article after it came out with a linguist who just lauded her for the job she did, especially being British. It was best because they analyzed the regional similarities from Baltimore (aka Bawlmore Murland where I’m from). I can get really nerdy about stuff like this, and it was fascinating to me. 

Also, on lighter note possibly one of the BEST SNL sketches ever… Murdur Durdur - SNL - YouTube

eta: FOUND IT!  Can ‘Mare of Easttown’ Help Bring the Philadelphia Accent Mainstream? - The Ringer
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 @anniemarie887 OMG we will have to watch those!
  • Options
    I've been watching 30 Rock, which I never watched back in the day. A lot of it hasn't aged super well, but other parts are funny and I really see a lot of myself in Liz Lemon  :lol:
  • Options
    @and_peggy For sure! Someone told me the other day that they've never seen The Office. I still love a lot of that show, but I was hesitant to recommend someone watch it for the first time now.  
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 we watched the first episode of Succession last night and we're hooked. I can already tell I’m going to enjoy it. The really developed the characters in one episode. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited January 2022
    My husband and I have been watching Yellowstone and we just finished season 2! 

I've been watching the second season of Cheer on Netflix. Those athletes amaze me!!! 

@itsme215 We are also sport junkies! College basketball is our go-to right now. Both of our teams are out of the playoffs in the NFL, so we'll watch the Superbowl, but probably not much more until then. And I'm a big Olympics nerd, so I CANNOT wait! I hope everything goes smoothly for all those ahtletes!