April 2022 Moms

Weekly randoms w/o 1/3

2»

Re: Weekly randoms w/o 1/3

• Uh yeah 1000 percent @Ivorytower2. Full disclosure I just shaved my bikini line for the first time in like 2 months bc I can't see it. Luckily H doesn't care I'm not all that consistent with it outside of summer anyway.

Also @Blondesweety444 that's crazy! That's single digit weeks! Not gonna lie I've been reading birth stories on baby center and I'm super annoyed that I'm all caught up, lol.
  • @Ivorytower2 it’s winter. I don’t even see my bare legs. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Ivorytower2 I shave my legs because I hate the feeling for myself, even inside of pants.
    Nothing above the legs is getting shaved because I can't see it 🤷‍♀️
  • @Ivorytower2 it’s winter and I can barely bend over enough to get my socks on. Shave my legs? Pfft.
  • @Ivorytower2 Even when not pregnant, I only shave my legs once they start to look like a bear’s legs. I do keep up shaving my lady parts though, just since that gets itchy if I don’t. It’s pretty much blind shaving at this point! 
  • Thanks guys! I feel better. @robbenson I’m the same way. It just feels better even with pants.

@SmashJam I tried with bikini line this week too so that was fun blind. 
  • @robbenson ME TOO!!  I hate the feeling of the hair against pants.  I can handle it in leggings but anything else drives me insane.  I shave often, and I have started using the Schick Intuition - doesn't get as close but it's pretty easy.  
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • My neighbor is fostering puppies and I’m have a hard time resisting!!! 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• @Ivorytower2 I agree it’s winter… not sure I’d be shaving pregnant or not. 

Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13

• Ivorytower2Ivorytower2 member
    edited January 2022
    @robbenson I need more details about this! I have fine-ish blonde hair so I think I read it doesn’t work as well but I would be so so on board if it works. 
  • @Ivorytower2 they have different lasers to help with the light hair and they have ways of dying or staining it. My calves, armpits and bikini area are dark hair so I didn't have to worry about it but my arms and thighs are super light and fine. I just didn't try to laser those because they aren't that bad.
  • I'm with @robbenson laser hair removal is amazing. I had been doing it for a while but stopped before I started IVF. I have thick dark hair and always had issues with ingrowns on my legs and this whole pregnancy so far I've only had to shave my legs like twice and even those hairs were fine and light. It's summer here so it's been a godsend not having to worry about it too much. Other areas have grown back, particular "hormonal" areas like armpits but I'll just pick up doing laser again sometime after baby is born.
  • Has anyone tried the personal laser things you can do at home? 

• This is so interesting! I’ve done electrolysis for some dark hairs on my face because I read that it was the only permanent solution (it may be permanent, but it takes many rounds to be effective, and it’s fairly painful), but I’ve never tried laser hair removal.
    Me: 30 // Hubs: 31
    Married May 2019
    Baby #1 due April 19, 2022
  • @FishyMom I have a Philips Lumea handheld device at home. It’s really great however many years ago I did a couple rounds of professional laser hair removal, so sure that gave me a good start when I got this device a few years later. When our first lockdown started I got in to the habit of using the home machine every couple of months and it’s paying off now as I don’t have to shave at all really (not that I would bother when I can’t reach/see/pretend to be interested in those parts right now! As someone else mentioned I think the best results are darker hair on lighter skin, so it would definitely be worth investigating that more before committing to any treatment in salon or at home, the technology may have updated since I heard that.
  • @FishyMom I've used the Tria at-home device, and it's effective but annoying and time consuming. I also think it is more painful than professional. The professional lasers (at least the ones I had used on me) spit out ice cold air with the laser so even at the highest setting I felt almost zero pain with it. The at-home one definitely zaps you, and it takes waaay more time (like both individually in a session and how long overtime it takes to see longterm results). 
  • I’ve always wondered if they work. I may have to shop around and see if I should get one or just do laser again. 

Sitting at my OBs office for my GD test. Bleh. 

• @SmashJam

You can do this, we believe in you!
  • Professional laser hair removal worked Pretty well for me, it reduced the underarm hair significantly (85%) and made the remaining hair thinner. It took about 10 sessions, I used my wax place which had an awesome offer. Extra sessions are more per session but you can use them a few times a year to maintain.  I was going to start it for my bikini area but covid happened and then I got pregnant. I would recommend it for areas that you shave often and that may have thick hair. I miss my waxing and laser treatments, haven’t gone back since 2020 😔
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @doxiemoxie212 I laughed at not shaving for 7 years. Same. When I was dating, I feel like it was a good way to weed out the crazies.
  • @dinomeetsjedi I wonder if I would've been bold enough to give up shaving while dating. I'd like to think that I would have evolved enough as a person that in my late 20s I'd have given up caring lol just as much, but hard to know. DH and I started dating when we were 19, so it's been 14 years? 15 maybe this year? Yikes lol so he got 7 good years of leg shaving hahaha
  • @Blondesweety444 I do the same thing all the time. I'm like why do I even work here then I get call from HR to go over maternity leave and I get 6 weeks paid and was expecting none. So between disability and maternity leave I get 12 weeks paid. So yay! Now I'm doing extra videos I didn't have time at work I'm required to do at 8 pm. So it's give and take for sure.
  • Ivorytower2Ivorytower2 member
    edited January 2022
    I miss sleeping on my back sooo much. I’ve been using two pillows under my head for heartburn. Does anyone else get rib pain when doing this? It’s only been the last week so I’m thinking it’s because baby is growing. If I use one pillow I don’t have pain but then I have horrendous heartburn (especially on my left). If I roll to back it’s so incredibly comfy but I know we aren’t really supposed to lay on our backs this far along. Right? Oh the joys! Any help is appreciated!!
  • @Ivorytower2 I’m glad I’m not the only back sleeper here! 😅 Everywhere in my pregnancy books says to avoid it but my doctor says if it’s comfortable it’s fine, so I try to fall asleep on my side and literally every time I wake up I’ve moved to my back because it feels so incredibly better. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’ve actually felt some of that rib pain this week when relined on the couch for too long— I’m pretty sure it’s just our organs getting squished since there’s not much room in there left. It always feels better when I stretch out all the way. You could try tums or something similar right before bed to help with the heartburn so you don’t have to position that way?
  • FishyMomFishyMom member
    edited January 2022
    Yes about the back sleeping!! I wake up often and I’m on my back, but last week I woke up and my left hand was tingling, I was worried about the boy, but I felt him moved shortly after. But I miss it soo much. 

Heartburn is a real issue for me. I take a daily pill and keep tums by my bed. Heartburn is the worst. During my first 2 pregnancies I had to take Rx strength, this doc is more reluctant to prescribe it, but I’m dealing. 

@Ivorytower2 maybe try a different combo of pillows? Maybe a little lower will still help but not give you ribcage pain? 

• @Ivorytower2 I’m still sleeping on my back about half of each night. I try to stay on my sides, but back is so much more comfortable! 

I miss sleeping on my stomach 😭 Pretty soon I’m going to get one of the blow up swimming rings soon so I can lay on my stomach soon. 
  • @Ivorytower2 I still wake up sleeping on my stomach sometimes and my midwife said it's fine, that I'll be uncomfortable long before it will affect the baby. She said the same about back sleeping since I sleep there sometimes too, If I'm not feeling uncomfortable then the baby is fine!
  • @Ivorytower2 It’s hilarious looking but so helpful. I got one at about 36 weeks with DS4 but won’t be waiting that long this time. Just being able to stretch out and lay on your stomach for a few minutes makes a huge difference! 
  • AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
    edited January 2022
    I feel like the pregnant woman sleeping on her back is akin to baby must sleep on his/her back. Like I always put the baby down on his back and (once he learned) he immediately rolled over. I tried my best. Same with me. I try to sleep on my side, but what I do in my sleep is out of my control. 

@Ivorytower2 maybe try a wedge pillow, they're small and give you a little 'elevation' but it may allow you to sleep on your back/be more comfortable. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked"